Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

New Team

Go down 
+12
oily
dan_mitchell_WRFC
GazLCFC
Fieldy
bulwellian
Plough new boy
Polska legend II
Blackie
dave ash
Hellboy
CSKA17
Gordon
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

New Team Empty
PostSubject: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

As mentioned at the recent Handbook General Meeting, I was awaiting a late application from a prospective new team.

I am pleased to announce that this has now arrived, been accepted and Spartkit Harborough have been added to D7.

There is still a good deal of paperwork to complete - County FA, Insurance etc and they will probably not be factored into the D7 fixtures until Sunday 8 September.

As you might have guessed from the name, they are Market Harborough based and will play at Harborough Leisure Cente
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 2:58 pm

That's a full Div 7. I hope you've ensured they're not very good? Too many good teams in Div 7 by the looks of things this season!!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 3:03 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
That's a full Div 7. I hope you've ensured they're not very good? Too many good teams in Div 7 by the looks of things this season!!
As with the placement of all the new teams - time will very shortly tell
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

Not another team of webbed feeters?
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 4:24 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Not another team of webbed feeters?

And don't forget the old men or pensioners
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 6:26 pm

Gordon wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
As with the placement of all the new teams - time will very shortly tell
A separate division for all the new teams anyone??
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 6:44 pm

no! what if they are wildly different in standard?
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm

Should have put them in 6 and put lks into 4, and there still walk that ridiculous the players they have on board to play 6.
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 8:45 pm

Bloody hell lots of unknowns this year in Div 7, it makes for a great season. We know who we should beat H & A but we must be more consistent than last year and avoid conceding very poor goals!
GOOD LUCK everyone in Div 7!! Hope to see you during the season..........hopefully running past you on many occassions!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Obviously I knew it would be a waste of time me logging on to make my comment and I also knew it wouldn't be long before committee members knock the idea.

I've suggested it before and it always gets the same response!!

I don't see why it's acceptable to have teams/divisions of a wildly different standard because the Alliance have put new teams in the wrong division?! No doubt at least 2 of the divisions will be won by new teams this year and no doubt at least 2 divisions will have new teams that will come bottom.  

Why not let all the new teams to the Alliance have a division of their own in their 1st season to find their standard - they can then be placed in the correct division from their 2nd season.

Fairer to them and fairer to the established teams already in the Alliance. Simple really
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:25 pm

why is it a waste of time you logging on to make a comment? that's what this forum is all about. and I answered it with my own personal opinion. you feel it's a good idea - I don't. doesn't make either of us right or wrong does it?

most of the time the league get it right more often than not, but I do honestly think there is a huge contradiction in your idea. you say it is unacceptable to have teams/divisions of a wildly different standard, yet that is exactly what we would get if we lumped them all in their own division?!

Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:52 pm

Exactly Mark, but surely better (and fairer) to have only 1 unbalanced division rather than 3 or 4.

It would also make all the other established divisions much more competitive where relegation and promotion actually meant something.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree - it's not gonna happen anyway
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:54 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
Should have put them in 6 and put lks into 4, and there still walk that ridiculous the players they have on board to play 6.
Why is it that everyone on here are suggesting that LKS are of Div 1 standard yet they are placed in 6
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:09 pm

To be fair to the Alliance and to be fair to LKS, they are not a new team now.

They finished 5th in division 6 last season so rightly should stay in that division - if they've managed to get in some good signings over the summer then fair play to them
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:27 pm

Blackie wrote:

They finished 5th in division 6 last season so rightly should stay in that division - if they've managed to get in some good signings over the summer then fair play to them
Bit like Trinderbox few years back then
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:55 pm

Got a few car breakers lads fair play indeed I would not turn down if turned up at plough wanting play div 7.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:57 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
Got a few car breakers lads fair play indeed I would not turn down if turned up at plough wanting play div 7.
Agreed
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 7:38 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Not different to what happens though. Last season in Div7 there was a world of difference between NKR and Countesthorpe. Prob 4 divisions worth.

Always going to be tough to assess new teams, and those that are pot hunting can get around it by signing players late on.

Just find it frustrating when people on here seem to know enough about teams signings and capabilities, but I accept you can't go on that as reliable info. Esp when those higher up assume Div7 is poorer than it actually is
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 7:42 am

Blackie wrote:

They started badly last season and bought in some quality players and moved up the league quite quickly. They lost a game at the end of the season which meant they couldn't win the league. All the quality players (except Ray) stopped turning up and they dropped back a couple of places.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 10:17 am

Blackie wrote:
Exactly Mark, but surely better (and fairer) to have only 1 unbalanced division rather than 3 or 4.

It would also make all the other established divisions much more competitive where relegation and promotion actually meant something.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree - it's not gonna happen anyway
understand what you are saying but don't think we often have 3/4 unbalanced divisions? the odd division is won at a canter but the bulk are very competitive
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm

Could make sense to have all new teams have one dodgy season in a wildly unbalanced division to make for 7 other divisions that are well balanced. How often do new teams come in and win divisions? I think it happens a little too often. 2 or 3 last year I think.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 9:03 pm

I still believe when new teams come in their signing on forms should be scrutenised
early and see who they play for saturdays and who they have played for on sundays
in the past then you will have fairer leagues.
It might take a bit longer to sort the leagues out but will be fairer for all of us.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 12:30 am

Can't be done. Clubs would just hold back some registrations.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

signings are scrutinised, which is one of the reasons why the constitution is held back until August when it has already been drafted for a couple of months. don't think many 'new' teams won divisions last year
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

Cut down the number of leagues, it's crazy. I'm bettin most teams apply for the bottom divisions. Some will get away with it. Look how our premier and div one looks again! Certain players love bein glory boys in the lower divisions and run as soon as it looks tough. Feel a touch sorry for the genuine lads who should be down there. Get rid of divs 6 and 7. If need be move teams up, if they don't like it there are other Sunday leagues that would take them. Also meanin the county cups would be more worthwhile
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

Glory boys???? thats a twee term for a pothunting chicken ass low life goon.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

In an ideal world due to the number of teams, you would lose a division and move everyone up, but (and its a big BUT) this means teams that finished 4th or 5th in Div 3 last year could end up in Div One, would they be happy??? Is there not the danger that they will just fold?

NRI, Glenfield & Prem Sports all packed it in as they believed they didnt have enough players of the quality required to complete in the top two divisions.....are CSKA Carnabys, NPE and Desford better than these sides (or even as good)

In terms of new teams in one division, it does have some legs and maybe for brand new teams in their first season it might work, tweaked to say either go in new division full of new teams or choose to go in Prem, Div 1/2/3.  This would get round my biggest concern of trying to attract more quality to the top end of leagues.  Would Willowbrook approached the Alliance or the LSL if they knew they had to start at the bottom in the alliance??  Would Medz, Pukka Pies or United Revolution be happy to face East Goscote, Star Inn and Willowbrook week in week out? Knowing they are likely to lose half there matches before the season kicks off.

Yes I am on the committee but these are my views, and my views only, happy to be shot down if you think I am wrong

*Note not having a go at any of the sides above (folded or otherwise) purely used to demostrate my point.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 1:32 pm

You have some valid points which make sense to degree. U mention the clubs foldin because they struggled in higher divisions(1 cup winner, 1 semi finalist and 1 that won 2 leagues out of 3). What about all the clubs that fold or scrape through because they are getting hammered week in week out by teams that shouldn't be that low. Maybe a daft idea but, why not suspend your a Moore , stokes etc cups til after Xmas and then maybe the top 3s go in the senior cup and so on? Least then some teams may have something to play for?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

in the grand scheme of things I still don't think the league get many teams 'wrong' and that's not just because I am on the committee! not many teams to my knowledge pulled the wool over the league's eyes last year - in fact, a year ago all the talk on here was of how Fairfield Dynamo had got away with murder by being put in Div 2 and they didn't even win their division! If anything, the harder part is putting the odd team in a division when they are out of their depth (Trinity Foxes the unfortunate ones that spring to mind).
Back to top Go down
onedigitless

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 8:06 pm

Get someone from the committee to watch a couple of preseason games involving the new teams, then make a judgement on which division they belong
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

but how do you know if the players they have playing in those games are signed on or intend to?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013, 10:26 am

You cant keep an eye on every headless chicken running around joining teams, folding teams year in year out, people accept these chickens in to their teams, because if you are in a lower division and a prem standard chicken comes along and offers to sign on for you, the manager will find it hard to refuse, however its usually at the teams cost, as when these chickens get fed up and do yet another runner, the teams end up folding.

Because teams who have been relying on their new found star chicken and his mates are folding, round and round we go, where it ends nobody knows, but needless to say  its the same chickens behaving like vultures....and the worst thing of all is they can't mentaly stand being on a losing side, hence their regular movements.

Man up chickens, commit your sad selves once and for all, stay with a team for a couple of seasons if you are man enough to do so.

Harming the league, and harming the teams that they join, costing eveybody money but themselves, hightime we either get these vermin chickens under control, or lets just call the rat catcher once and for all.

Vermin need obliterating.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Team   New Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Team
Page 1 of 1