Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

pick and choose when you play...

Go down 
+9
CSKA17
Widds
the cat
Vimto
oily
Skeems
Aussie Owl
Polska legend II
Jedster
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedster

Jedster

pick and choose when you play... Empty
PostSubject: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 8:54 pm

We (Oscars) may not be the most liked or the most finest example of a club but we do always fulfill our fixtures bare 11 p**sed up etc etc... but a few occasions this year teams in our league cancel or cant get a team fair enough but surely should be punished its just not fair and seems in my OPINION like favouratism... i just wonder if we were to do this if wed get off so lightly?hmmm.. just not good enough why if a team fails to show do the other team not receive the win? i know im moaning but surely others must feel the same would just like others opinions?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

teams that break a fixture do get fined and a points deduction
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

yes so there the rules... so why aint they being followed the prems becoming silly now,we show every week took beatings aswell yet you see the same teams do it numerous and by tge looks of the table clearly aint getting punished as said! besides how can that be right you dont show cause you know youl get beat so take -2 points tgen get a full team for return leg and win hence coming out +1 point. JOKE!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

Every team which postpones a game loses a point, first time round and 2 points on the second occasion. Then there is the fine on top. There is absolutely no favouritism - just look at which teams have lost points. Look at other leagues, which have a similar number of postponements and see how many have had points deducted.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 3:39 pm

I have looked at my league and quite CLEARLY isn‘t as you state.. i would not have said otherwise would!? If them the rules then they are not being put in place properly are they?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 4:54 pm

Chill Jed!!!

I know you are referring to WCB.

I don't think the Finance and Discipline committee have met up yet to dish the punishment out but i'm 99% sure that WCB will be deducted pts for there 2 postponed games.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 4:57 pm

We gave two weeks notice to cancel a game.
The side we had supposed to play had another fixture rearranged in time and won.
Then the side pulled out the league and we still got the fine and points deduction.
We also had an occurance when we played a game when a ringer scored the sides
equaliser and he is mates with my stepson so we knew who he was as he spoke to my son.
So we knew his name and side he plays for yet the league dont want to know without a
photo.
If it would have been us playing a ringer we would have been nailed.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

that was my next point being the webbies debate when they gave 2 weeks notice and got punished yet favoured teams at tgat time got to call games off cuz of saturday commitments.... frolesworth for example try hard as *uck to get a team together and are struggling yet try to fulfill there fixtures as not to mess up the league yet it seems they never get thrown a bone and punished to tge nines.. My point being treat all teams the same use common sence where needed and the questions wont be asked!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm

the points deductions don't always get done overnight, and as Kev said there are some still to go through I believe. rules are there for everyone, and it is wrong to suggest otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 7:14 am

Listen im not stupid. I didnt say it would be overnigt i mean lets face it if it were gonna be done it‘d be done by now been as though its been numerous times and a long time ago. If your shop was in order the questio wouldnt be asked would it?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 7:31 am

Doesn't mean it would have been done by now though, that's the point. No one said you're stupid but you don't know how these things work. There is a Finance and Discipline committee that have to meet to ratify these things and sometimes this can take many months, especially if they are waiting for responses from some clubs. I can remember adjusting a league table some six months after an offence took place. Its just totally incorrect to suggest some things are swept under the carpet and that some clubs' offences are turned a blind eye too.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

The League is a farce!

Players should be banned from folded teams. That'll stop them folding or at least deter some.

Start losing and you drop out. Stay Classy!
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

Season ban may make them think twice about it.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

It is all over twitter that Wigston Car Breakers have actually folded.

I know we've heard this before this season but this one looks and sounds more concrete

Just waiting the leagues official statement
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:11 pm

We've been told are game is off 2mora against them Kev and they've folded??????
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

The top divisions are looking in major need of an overhaul. Kirby, glenfield, advance, car breakers, Barcabullona, hoskins all folded. Some major work needed for a new league composition!
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:20 pm

Agree with that widds, star and garter willbe fuming at this speaking to Luke last Friday he said they might fold on principle if car breakers do
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

Yeah Andy, I just received the text of Jenny.

It has happened, Car Breakers have gone. I've already expunged there record from the Premier although I've had nothing official from the league.

We know something needs to be done but what can be done??

As soon as it appeared that WCB couldn't win a cup this season there better players were not interested. Is that the leagues fault? No it is not.

In terms of the league, Advance are laughing there socks off, 9 pts behind us with 4 games in hand. Oscars now no longer have 2 games in hand on us and are 2pts behind so I guess we have had a slight advantage on them as they had yet to play WCB.

For us, fact still remains, we had to win all of our last 4 league games anyway to win the league, that doesn't change.
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

Just been speaking 2 one of the car breakers players he's had the txt that there gone he said in the txt he got that it said the league have fined us and took 5 points off us so no point carrying on, I find this hilarious that they don't get a team out god knows how many times but feel like they've been harshly punished, jokers the leagues better off without them and I said this at the beginning of the season
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

At least jed Will be happy now lol
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 5:56 pm

Im actually pis*ed of pal .. dont like teams folding i just wanted them to be punished for choosing not to pkay cuz they dint have there star studded xi. pure pothunters with wrong attitudes and lets be honest many called this happening. advancr are the only winners here. But if matters had been dealt with sooner i.e they dint show because they couldnt get a team then they should have been instantly docked points and not wasted other teams time anf money playing them. whole situation is a joke!
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 6:03 pm

and kev im no mathmatician but dont you mean that points us on level games and you a point behind as you drew n beat them??
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

Sssssssssshhhhhhhh Jed, I was trying to get away with that one!!!

You're quite right, we are 1pt ahead of us now.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 6:24 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 7:06 pm

Not sure what can be done. Ban certain managers who have folded teams? Not always straight forward as for every pot hunting club folding, there'll be another where people have worked hard to keep going.

Banning players who have been part of say 2 clubs that have folded maybe? But hard work for the league.

Bigger registration fee with part of it being refundable at the end of the season to clubs that see out the season? Could deduct fines etc before returning...
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm

How ridiculous. Folding because you can't win a trophy. Boo flipping hoo.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

Why is the walk over rule not used this late in the season?

If they fielded a team they'd have been beaten anyway. I may suggest that our team fold prior to the last game to then sway the winner of the league towards our preference. An entirely legal move judging by the slack rules.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:48 pm

I have been refereeing tonight, hence the delay but I can confirm that I have received the resignation of Wigston Car Breakers with immediate effect.

The club were fined and suffered 2 points deduction for the postponement v Glenfield Town Sunday. That decision was conveyed to them earlier this week and the loss of points were a significant factor in their resignation. This was their second postponement this season, The League's Finance and Discipline Committee acted in accordance with League Rules, although of course the decision was subject to appeal to County FA

Finance and Discipline Committee has not met to consider the more recent postponement v Oscars, but had they not resigned further points would most likely be deducted. That is now irrelevant, but a fine will still be imposed together with the liability of a referee's fee paid by the League.

With the points deducted they would probably not have won the League and so therefore decided to resign believing that they would be unable to persuade players to turn out. I must state that the issue is with the players rather than the Secretary or Manager who are both very disappointed with events.

It should be pointed out that the two recent postponed games were scheduled for Sunday mornings, rather than within the current midweek programme.

I accept that Premier clubs will be frustrated by the effect that the resignation will have on the table. Their playing record will have to be expunged.

All postponements are referred to Finance and Discipline Committee and the circumstances examined before a decision is taken. Although you may not always agree with the decision, favouritism or bias does not come into play and the Committee members have no affiliation to any Alliance team
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm

Vimto wrote:

If they fielded a team they'd have been beaten anyway. I may suggest that our team fold prior to the last game to then sway the winner of the league towards our preference. An entirely legal move judging by the slack rules.

Thoughts?

The League does not have any such rule.

The result of a game of football is decided on the pitch not in a Committee Room, at least in the Alliance League
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

you can't ban managers when teams fold that would be ridiculous, as it is often the managers that keep a club going way after its shelf life, mostly by putting their hands in their pockets. I have often thought that a folded club should be thoroughly investigated and the managers and secretaries quizzed. Which players began to let them down? which players owed the club most money? then get these guys barred from future alliance clubs for say, 1 year.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 1:23 am

Hate to say it but, players involved with clubs that fold should be banned from signin to any alliance team for a season or 12 months. Not nice as there are genuine lads that would be affected, but every year players names pop up with the latest so called pot hunting brigade, lose a game and they bail out. All names are now listed and surely if proof is available the league can refuse to let him play in the league as a proven flounder of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Gordon wrote:
Vimto wrote:

Thoughts?

The League does not have any such rule.

The result of a game of football is decided on the pitch not in a Committee Room, at least in the Alliance League

That's exactly what has been done. The league rules have left the league in the favour of other teams. So claiming that football is decided on the pitch is far from correct!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

how do you reach that conclusion? which game has been decided by the committee?
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

Exactly!

Ban players!

If they don't want to run the risk of being banned, don't sign with players who could potentially put you at risk.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

Every game that WCB competed in.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

silly me for expecting a serious answer! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:44 pm

Speaking to a committee member I was always going to get a committee response. The league ruling has put teams that lost to them back in contention.

Has it not?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:50 pm

yes, but is it the leagues fold this team folded? the league title will now be decided on who had the best set of results against the remaining teams
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

Vimto wrote:
Speaking to a committee member I was always going to get a committee response. The league ruling has put teams that lost to them back in contention.

Has it not?

That old chestnut! The league table will be decided on results between the teams that finish the season. If you fared worse against those opponents then that is your problem.

Are you saying the league shouldn't have punished them, so that they would finish the season? Surely that'd be double standards.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 3:52 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Vimto wrote:

Has it not?

That old chestnut! The league table will be decided on results between the teams that finish the season. If you fared worse against those opponents then that is your problem.

Are you saying the league shouldn't have punished them, so that they would finish the season? Surely that'd be double standards.

Not sure what you're actually saying here?!?!

We beat and drew with them, other teams lost to them and are now back in contention due to them dropping out of the league. The league should have punished them, but due to the punishment, they have folded and now leave others in a better position. The league claim it is not their fault but they are the ones that ultimately let them into the league.

It's like a manager blaming the players for losing, yet they brought those players in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pick and choose when you play...   pick and choose when you play... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pick and choose when you play...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next