Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 10 March

Go down 
+16
Rwhite08
Leicester Klub Sportowy
whiteeagles
bulwellian
Hairy Hebrew!
Jedster
Hellboy
gattuso
dezza
The Plough
Dodgy
Plough new boy
L.K.F.C
Polska legend II
BUSFC Zack
Gordon
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 10 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSat 09 Mar 2013, 9:20 pm

A mix of Cup and League games to discuss

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

Absolutely shocking game for Blaby today. Fully deserved to lose 6-0 if not more.
Very annoying. Hope next season comes quicker now.

#myperformancewassobad
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:21 pm

anyone know if White Eagles played?
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

MDH 3 - 3 AFC Bees Knees (MDH win 3-1 on pens)
An absolutely hilarious game in Harborough today as occasional spells of good football were surrounded by some hilarious slips, misplaced passes and back passes to the keeper.
Was a real carnival feel to the game as our boys trudged in in the early hours after celebrating 2 of the lads leaving for Australia next week. The tone was set by one lad not waking up and another "banned" from playing by his mum after being taken home in an ambulance after getting that hammered he couldn't function!
Anyway the game was great fun and I've got to say Bees Knees were the best bunch of lads we have played ever since we joined the league. Just a hilarious day with the tie being decided on penalties which made it all even more amusing.
All the best to Bees Knees great bunch of lads with a few real handy players and a special thanks as they left the changing rooms in cracking order which is unheard of!
Cheers boys.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 3:29 pm

White eagles off
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 3:38 pm

Just want to say I hope Jed Macken recovers soon, didnt see the damage but from what people said it was a nasty cut to his leg

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Plough

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:15 pm

The Plough 0 - 2 FCCOL

We had enough chances to win this, but if we were still playing now we wouldnt have scored, never mind. Well done FCCOL apart from CFA and NKR you are the best team we have played, roll on next week
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:30 pm

FC azzurri 1 v 2 Thurmo

Got to say that although we lost this game was probably the most enjoyable we've been involved in this season! 2 sides that were very evenly matched with all 3 goals coming set pieces!

Don't think you could say either team had the better of the game! Lookin forward to te league games now

Ryan Allen with our goal from the Peno spot
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:31 pm

Jed has had 8 stitches
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm

dezza wrote:
FC azzurri 1 v 2 Thurmo

Got to say that although we lost this game was probably the most enjoyable we've been involved in this season! 2 sides that were very evenly matched with all 3 goals coming set pieces!

Don't think you could say either team had the better of the game! Lookin forward to te league games now

Undoubtedly the loudest game of the weekend! I could hear you all from where I was standing!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:38 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
dezza wrote:
FC azzurri 1 v 2 Thurmo

Undoubtedly the loudest game of the weekend! I could hear you all from where I was standing!

Haha it was a passionate game what can I say!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:11 pm

gattuso wrote:
Jed has had 8 stitches

Was any of those in his mouth?
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

Thanks wheeler yeah had 8 stitches but was my own fault for gettin caught... Advance couriers absolute classs destroyed us!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

Our game obviously called off today. In some ways a blessing as would of been bare bones, but another way looks like we'll have to play the cup game next week! Another 2 Sunday's gone!

But was in a way fortunate to go and see our cup final opponents, Monsell WMC v's QPR. Was an entertaing game, learning alot about Monsell and how they could shape up! To be fair I was very impressed with QPR going forward! I know I was there to see Monsell but couldn't help but be impressed how QPR threatened going forward scoring two class goals! But obviously Monsell had Kev Jones and were always a threat! Some good players at Monsell and hopefully will be a very good final! We left at 2-2 so not sure of the score.....

Caught last 30mins of the Mivan v's Royalist game! When got there was 2-2 and Mivan down to 10 men! Wasn't much of a game as the pitch (ours) was an absolute Bog with not much football being played!
Mivan should of had a Peno after a clumsy challenge but ref waved away!
They also could of stole the points but Arnie in goal for Royalist made an impressive save to deny Rav Dhillon!
Mr Barnett seemed to be taking over everything including free kicks, corners and even throw ins! There was a few times where he had broke and could of squared it to a better placed player but the greedy side of his play saw him foiled!
But Royalist managed to finish the game 3-2 winners in what was the last minute with a shot that seemed to trickle in which, if possible, makes division 6 EVEN tighter!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 6:30 pm

monsell won 4-2
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 8:40 pm

Got spanked 7-1 by NKR but was not impressed with their attitude, seemed to want to p**s take the whole game with sly comments. generally a good game otherwise but ref seemed keen to hug the centre circle!!
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
anyone know if White Eagles played?
Sorry about that, our secretary must have forgot, hopefully he got through to you!

Yeah, game off, tbh, a tough one for the referee. We were up for playing despite only have a bare 11, Bowden yet to arrive. Ref checked all the pitches on Vicky Park and deemed them all unplayable yet 3 games still went ahead on Vicky Park... A bit disappointed as I've played on and seen a lot worser pitches than ours (was largely a mudbath with standing water in the goalmouths) but can understand the referee's decision. It annoys me that every Wednesday afternoon when I drive past, I see the Leicester Uni students using our pitch (and rarely any others) - most likely as it's closest to the Uni and now our pitch is wrecked and we've only played 2 home games in the league so far. We'll certainly be looking to move next season, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

White Eagles, can the League not assist in trying to find you a new pitch? I know it's largely your own responsibility but only being able to play two home games, even with your cup runs, up to now is a joke.

Surely it's in the league's best interests to ensure you can fulfill your fixtures (and everyone else's if other sides have similar issues) before the season's end? I would be extremely surprised if the league sanctioned you playing Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday solely to get your games in. No team in any division should be subjected to that kind of schedule.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 11:20 pm

Leicester Klub Sportowy wrote:
White Eagles, can the League not assist in trying to find you a new pitch? I know it's largely your own responsibility but only being able to play two home games, even with your cup runs, up to now is a joke.

Surely it's in the league's best interests to ensure you can fulfill your fixtures (and everyone else's if other sides have similar issues) before the season's end? I would be extremely surprised if the league sanctioned you playing Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday solely to get your games in. No team in any division should be subjected to that kind of schedule.
Sorry, it's actually 3 (Birstall, Global, Royalist) but still another 8 home games to go in the league before the start of May - I make that 8 weeks it self, plus any of Mark J Rees' remaining home games and any that the Uni decide to play on there.

It could be an option and I will contact our secretary and see what he thinks about it. Personally, I know very little about the situation about private/school/council pitches and the possibility of swapping mid season but our pitch is 100% wrecked. Looks like we will have to play Wednesday-Friday-Sunday for 3 weeks in a row possibly, but we're all young fit lads Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

I know Hat & Beaver have moved pitches during the season as their old pitch on Western Park was wrecked too. Certainly worth talking with your club secretary and seeing if there are alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 8:38 am

I know our NPE pitch on braunstone park is now free as we have finished all are games. It's not in great condition but deffo playable.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 9:10 am

whiteeagles wrote:
Leicester Klub Sportowy wrote:

Sorry, it's actually 3 (Birstall, Global, Royalist) but still another 8 home games to go in the league before the start of May - I make that 8 weeks it self, plus any of Mark J Rees' remaining home games and any that the Uni decide to play on there.

It could be an option and I will contact our secretary and see what he thinks about it. Personally, I know very little about the situation about private/school/council pitches and the possibility of swapping mid season but our pitch is 100% wrecked. Looks like we will have to play Wednesday-Friday-Sunday for 3 weeks in a row possibly, but we're all young fit lads Laughing

Have to agree its the poorest Home pitch i have ever played on! Think we have 3 home games left (Humbo, Monsell, Birstall) and cant see them been on any time soon. We tried other pitches on Vicky park to and all not good enough- i fully expect MJR to move pitches to.

White Eagles maybe its something we could ask the League or James to do together? makes sense for us both to move at this stage of season with so many games to play
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 9:18 am

Niffy Reserves 4 - 3
Never seen so many wasted shots all season.
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:12 pm

... Mivan 2-3 Royalist ....

were do i start on this result.... 13 players avail .. missing winger and striker (not giving excuses just stating the facts)... but knew it was going to be tough game ... 20 mins into game 2-0 up and in full control of the game looking like we'd go on to win fairly comfatably.... Along comes a referee gives our centre midfielder a second yellow card for swearing ...... Nobody could honestly believe and even a few of the royalist lads started laughing ... shocked and down to 10 we kept it 2-0 till ht.

second half was pressure as expected, and royalist got one back after 15mins ... we defended really well, but with 15 left we conceded a 2nd. and to cap it all off conceded 3rd with last kick of game.

I have no problem with losing to any team that i think played better than us or even wants it more. i cannot remember having any mivan player sent off since i.ve been at club (2years approx), to be honest i cant even remember the last yellow we had. But to send someone off for swearing...(its sunday football what does he expect)... and not only this we had 2 blatant penalties denied (one seen by a few oak lads who even agreed the ref bottled it)... When i asked him after the game he said it was for foul language directed at him ... our midfielder swore for giving away a free kick never directed to ref ... and if thats the case i swore 50 times during game ... to this he had no answer and walked off.

Refs should always be ex-players

Royalist to be fair are a good bunch of lads ....but heavily dependent on one player in my opinion rob barnett ... who to be honest we kept quiet till the last 20 mins when our many of our lads were tired (playing 60 minutes with 10 players on a really boggy pitch). Royalist lino gave a couple of really dubious decisions to say the least but in this league you expect it.

anyway we.ll keep going to the end of the season but this result brings div 6 even closer

YNWA - SAUREZ IS KING ... !!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:26 pm

come on chaps we all know the drill...no slating of refs on here - go through the proper channels.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:27 pm

I see Suarez took another dive yesterday to win the points again.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:28 pm

for the record - although most of the things I have been called are possibly factually correct - it doesnt make swearing acceptable. It bothers some refs more than others, but there are other factors to consider such as children using a public park that might not want to hear it etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
come on chaps we all know the drill...no slating of refs on here - go through the proper channels.

He is purely stating the facts of what happened on the day. Wouldn't really call that slating.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

Polska 3 Huncote 2

Good win for us in horrible conditions, spent an hour trying to brush the water off the pitch and therefore glad to get the game played.

We were fairly comfortable for the win, the 2 goals we conceded were very sloppy and one came right at the end when I think we'd just switched off and complacently thought the points were safe. Although they rounded our keeper in the first half and somehow missed an open goal and then pulled a great save off our keeper in the second, he didn't really have a lot else to do and think we were quite comfortable overall.

Credit to the Huncote lads they are a great bunch, and after a hard season they possess great team spirit and determination, they played good football and kept going right to the end.

We tried a few things out positional wise to keep us ticking over, and were also (thankfully) able to rest a player who picked up an injury in our semi final last week. Delighted with the win as once you reach a final, the games leading up to it can be difficult as the players subconsciously switch off and look after themselves a bit (even though they may not realise it).
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:35 pm

Mivan are going up wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

He is purely stating the facts of what happened on the day. Wouldn't really call that slating.

The unedited posting (before being moderated) was a bit strong! Understand people get frustrated with refs - part and parcel of the game, but that is why the proper channels exist. Every one has an off day or a bad day - and you wouldn't neceesarily want to read about it on here knowing many others have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:50 pm

If it was a blatant error that could cost a team a league title at the end of it then i would expect the critisism. Having an "off day" simply isnt good enough. It was a big game in div 6 that required a strong experienced ref.

We are all adults on here at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:54 pm

agree, but it doesn't change the stance on swearing or putting the criticisms on here to be honest.

for the record - think your division is far from decided - would be suprised if yesterday is the definitive game that decides the title.
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:17 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

The unedited posting (before being moderated) was a bit strong! Understand people get frustrated with refs - part and parcel of the game, but that is why the proper channels exist. Every one has an off day or a bad day - and you wouldn't neceesarily want to read about it on here knowing many others have seen it.

... lol... not sure it was strong !!.. no abbusive language therefore according to the ref its ok ... so not sure why its not for the forum ...... i.m 34yrs old and played all my life and never heard of anyone getting sent off for swearing ...lol...

... sorry if i offended anyone ... but his poor performance (my opinion only), may cost us any chance of winning the league .... if this happened week in week out .. i can garauntee that 99% of mens matches would not finish as not enough players on pitch at 90 minutes ...

the calls for peno.s... even Oak players say it was a pen and there viewing from our 18yrd box and the refs only 20yrds away ... i.m simply saying refs must accept responsibility ... i have never complained about any ref .... and normally have the upmost respect for refs ... but you cant legislate for that performance. i wont say any more as it may get us in trouble, which is not what i want ...

i see you.ve removed quite a bit of my previous post ... but i still believe that you cant have young kids reffing mens game ... being a ref is about understanding the game and those who have never palyed simply would not understand ...

lets leave it at that and am sorry you needed to moderate.
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

LFC for Life !! wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

... lol... not sure it was strong !!.. no abbusive language therefore according to the ref its ok ... so not sure why its not for the forum ...... i.m 34yrs old and played all my life and never heard of anyone getting sent off for swearing ...lol...

... sorry if i offended anyone ... but his poor performance (my opinion only), may cost us any chance of winning the league .... if this happened week in week out .. i can garauntee that 99% of mens matches would not finish as not enough players on pitch at 90 minutes ...

the calls for peno.s... even Oak players say it was a pen and there viewing from our 18yrd box and the refs only 20yrds away ... i.m simply saying refs must accept responsibility ... i have never complained about any ref .... and normally have the upmost respect for refs ... but you cant legislate for that performance. i wont say any more as it may get us in trouble, which is not what i want ...

i see you.ve removed quite a bit of my previous post ... but i still believe that you cant have young kids reffing mens game ... being a ref is about understanding the game and those who have never palyed simply would not understand ...

lets leave it at that and am sorry you needed to moderate.

can i ask why my opinion on his age was removed .... i just stating the ref was a "young" adult ... and therefore of lesser experience ...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:44 pm

think it was the mischevious comment afterwards... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
think it was the mischevious comment afterwards... Embarassed

...lol.. cheers geaser .. !!! ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 10 March    Banter - Sunday 10 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 10 March
Page 1 of 1