Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

council

Go down 
+3
man in black
Widds
scottyh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottyh

council Empty
PostSubject: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 2:24 pm

we recieved email off council yetserday after we told them what we thought of them keep cancelling games the reply we recieved was that they have decided this week to leave it to the refs to decide wether pitches ok to play on shouldnt this have happened before?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

Think they probably made the right decision, not sure a ref, with pressure from 22 lads Will make a decision in best interests of pitch long term
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 4:01 pm

it is referees duty to make sure the pitch is safe to play on for the game in hand,,,,,he shouldn't think about future weeks,,shouldn't be swayed by anyone never mind 22 players,,,best way is for him to walk the pitch alone make the decision and tell managers,,,,think council were rash last week as i feel a few pitches were actually playable
Back to top Go down
scottyh

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 4:36 pm

no widds last week went and looked myself pitches were fine like manin black says nobody saying we have 2 play on pitches that not suitable but last few games we had few people look t r pitch and it looked fine 2 rash with the decisions refs would have played em for sure
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 5:35 pm

But was it suitable te be marked earlier in the week? Also, you mention a couple of pitches being suitable, council probably made decision based on 90 percent of pitches not being playable, and didn't think checking all was the way to go.

Clive-not all referees would ignore pressure like you, some would make incorrect decisions.

Anyway ten cm of snow on Sunday apparently. Good luck
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm

snow about 11am widds,,play second half with snow falling lol
Back to top Go down
scottyh

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 6:53 pm

so longs we can all get kicked off lol hopefully get games finished
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 7:26 pm

We too complained and got a similar response. To clarify - they said most of the pitches were too wet to be marked out and that made the decision. Our point was that not all pitches were bad and it should be down to the refs to make the call on a Sunday morning not the council on a Friday afternoon
Back to top Go down
scottyh

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 7:39 pm

yes they said same 2 us we replied let the refs decide alot can happen between friday and sunday weather wise
Back to top Go down
Stevie Gerrard

Stevie Gerrard

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

If my council tax money was being spent on a bloke going out to look at all the pitches in our area I Would be highly pissde off!! If he calls it off put up and shut up all he needs to do is look out his kitchen window make a decision then job done...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

Blimey!!! you mean to say you actually pay a (full) council tax bill?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 9:02 am

Stevie Gerrard wrote:
If my council tax money was being spent on a bloke going out to look at all the pitches in our area I Would be highly pissde off!! If he calls it off put up and shut up all he needs to do is look out his kitchen window make a decision then job done...
you clearly don't run a side then!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

think the arguement that they call games off because they cant get out to mark pitches is lame,,,as some ofthe lines are still there or there are ruts in ground that would surfice,,,should have been left to refs last week
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

Clive, i remember a team coming on here last season moaning like children about no pitch markings. People Will always moan, so i think council decision to protect pitches is fine. Whatever decision they Will get moaned at, at least this way pitches stay in better shape!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:27 am

I didn't realise it was so cheap to hire a pitch, i read in the local paper that the council have just spent around £60.000 on doing up the fairfield park, replacing some turf, and some new paths and a little play area, and it looks like one game of football on there has ruined the grass, it makes me wonder where they got the £60.000 from to do those few minor repairs in the first place, now it looks like it needs another £30.000 to put it right.

I suppose they'll dump the bill on the local council tax payers that live on that estate? someone has to pay for the maintainence and it can't be paid for by hiring a pitch.
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Good point helly...all that work done to that park and still the pitch only last about 45 mins...its a joke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

council Empty
PostSubject: Re: council   council Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

council
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: