Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Empty
PostSubject: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 4:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if i was to sign a couple of lower league players who have played in their perspective cup competitions would they still be cup tied or would they be allowed to play as they are moving up and not down the leagues ?

This is for all cups by the way, but I would imagine that anyone would be eligable for Aurthur Moore as they would not have played that format ?

Early response to this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 5:23 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Can anyone tell me if i was to sign a couple of lower league players who have played in their perspective cup competitions would they still be cup tied or would they be allowed to play as they are moving up and not down the leagues ?

This is for all cups by the way, but I would imagine that anyone would be eligable for Aurthur Moore as they would not have played that format ?

Early response to this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Might be wrong Malc but I think they are still cup tied
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 5:26 pm

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/PDFs/Results%20Grids/Results%202012-2013/Rules2012-2013-25July.pdf

Page 17...ish
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 5:36 pm

Cheers Dezza and Helly, not what I wanted to read.

Bang goes the final nail in the NRI coffin.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Would make sense if it didn't apply to players moving to a higher standard of competition
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2012, 6:44 pm

The principle of moving up is only relevant for clubs who operate more than 1 team.

County Competition Rules state that a player can only play for 1 Sunday club in a Sunday County Competition in any season. (similar for Saturday competitions)

Alliance Rules allow you to play for 1 club only in the Walton Cup - but you can play up, but not down if the club has more than 1 team.

Similarly you can play for 1 club in either of the Moore or Foster or Stokes Cups.

Think - Walton = KO Cup and Moore/Foster/Stokes = League Cup

It is therefore possible for a player to play for 1 club in the League Cup and a different club in the KO Cup if a transfer has been conducted and the player is not cup tied for the respective competitions

Any specific question regarding individual player eligibilty, please contact me - prior to the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???   Players moving up ( cup tied ) ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Players moving up ( cup tied ) ???
Page 1 of 1