Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Square/rectangular Goalposts

Go down 
+3
Aussie Owl
Skeems
johnmeode
7 posters
AuthorMessage
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

Square/rectangular Goalposts Empty
PostSubject: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

Are Wooden Square/rectangular Goalposts allowed to be used in our league.

Our holes have been put in but these are for wooden square posts?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

They can but only in certain circumstances

I quote

Law 17.6 - Square posts are allowed to be used but where upon the home team are blatant pothunters they shall be forbidden to use square posts and crossbar.

Hope this helps Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 4:19 pm

it was a serious question Kev, do you have any idea?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 4:34 pm

I have replied to your email.

Square or rectangular posts may be used provided they are no more than 5" in any direction (not upwards!!) and technically the same dimension as the goal line.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

Yeah Just saw that Thanks Dennis
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

i think i am correct in saying they cannot be wooden either. I know this is true at junior level. Health and safety
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

Widds wrote:
i think i am correct in saying they cannot be wooden either. I know this is true at junior level. Health and safety

belgrave use wooden square post's on the top pitch at the co op, them post's are still the same from my under 12 days on there.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 5:38 pm

[quote="tysmith c.n.f.c"]
Widds wrote:

belgrave use wooden square post's on the top pitch at the co op, them post's are still the same from my under 12 days on there.

most hinckley team's have square goal posts any way.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

The Laws do not specify the material.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 7:10 pm

Really? a guy i know who helps run a youth league and is a ref said they cannot be wooden and that there are grants available to replace wooden ones. but i bow to the owls knowledge!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

ive never come across anything in the laws that says you can't use wooden ones. and for years we had a wooden set
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

extract from laws of the game

Goals

A goal must be placed on the centre of each goal line.

A goal consists of two upright posts equidistant from the corner flagposts and joined at the top by a horizontal crossbar. The goalposts and crossbar must be made of wood, metal or other approved material. They must be square, rectangular, round or elliptical in shape and must not be dangerous to players.

Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

Quote :
it was a serious question Kev, do you have any idea?

I didn't know the answer, but I was expecting more of a bite!!

You knew I was only messing anyway, just thought I'd add some light humour Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square/rectangular Goalposts   Square/rectangular Goalposts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square/rectangular Goalposts
Page 1 of 1