Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

law 4- Players equipment

Go down 
+6
littlebigman
Widds
Sparky
Polska legend II
lbennett86
Capello
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

law 4- Players equipment Empty
PostSubject: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

How many players played with different coloured tape ect on socks this sunday?

Refs, are you being strict on this law?

Players, are you happy with this law?

I know a couple of fosse lads got away with it sunday Laughing
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

from what I've gathered the rule applies but its really down to ref digression. Its a silly law thats came down from FIFA and was voted to be enforced at all levels of football so its not really up for debate.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

True
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

Its not upto the referees disgression though, its a law of the game, its like saying a punch to the face is not a sending off because its down to referees disgression. Just wandered if the laws of the game were being enforced by all refrerees.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:08 pm

According to Jeff Stelling on Soccer saturday last weekend FIFA have urged the rule not to be strictly enforced at grass roots level. Your lucky if a team manages to wear the same colour socks.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

at this level I believe its digression based but obviously as you go higher up it becomes a very strictly enforced thing. We had 2 ref so far whi haven't bothered with it.... whether they should have or not is a different matter
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:29 pm

Whilst it is a law and you would be wise to follow it to prevent any situations occuring, i would hope that refs will use common sense. I cant imagine that too many Sunday league players need split second perfect peripheral vision to play their game...sober and un-blurred would be a start for vision!!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

Capello wrote:

The Ref in this game used his disgression on this law of the game it's a shame he didn't where the subs were concerned !!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

Can we all please spell it discretion Wink
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Thanks for the many many replies, i would like to see some consistency in applying the laws of the game. Why should a referee be able to use his discretion on this law when he/she should be showing authority if you like?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 10:41 pm

agree to an extent, but also think grass roots football needs a certain amount of common sense, and by proxy discretion. If a ref does allow a player to use the wrong colour tape, perhaps that gains him more respect than if he or she sticks to the letter of the law?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

Depends if he's being assessed...
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Depends if he's being assessed...

I disagree,

The rules are rules and should be applied by all, all of the time or none, none of the time.

I don't buy the common sence thing, when a player calls a referee a flucking wlanker should the referee use common sence.and accept the players just angry?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 11:01 pm

i think that is on a different level to wearing different colour tape. What harm Will be done if a player wears blue instead of white tape? swearing at a ref or dangerous tackles are more serious and should be punished by strict letter of the law. just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeMon 03 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

A County FA directive has stated that it is a law of the game and must be applied. Discretionary it is not
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

All referees have been issued with the Law amendments which includes this tape issue.

I accept consistency between referees at our level may sometimes be lacking - and not merely in this area.

However I have reminded Club Secretaries, only yesterday of the requirement, as it has already been raised to the League in some match reports

Tape on socks - you are reminded that 'if tape or similar material is applied externally it must be the same colour as that part of the sock it is applied to'. - I am aware that some referees have requested players to make this adjustment.

Like the colour of undergarments being the same as the shorts or shirts, I am sure it will soon catch on. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:20 am

Sepp Blatter obviously owns a sock tape company and needs to shifts some old stock!
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:23 am

Widds wrote:
agree to an extent, but also think grass roots football needs a certain amount of common sense, and by proxy discretion. If a ref does allow a player to use the wrong colour tape, perhaps that gains him more respect than if he or she sticks to the letter of the law?

I would have to agree here, if you get a ref whos picky about everythin they won't get the respect of the players as quickly or as easily. A ref who lets a few minor things slide will have a much easier game than 1 who picks at everything... just my opinion tho I suppose
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:49 am

Flip it the other way, if a referee upholds these "minor" rules you are more likely to pay attention to him during the match as you know he isn't afraid to apply the rules correctly (or potentially strictly).

Much like [insert referee's name] who is "card happy". You know he's going to use the rules so you make the extra effort to abide by them.

When you get a referee who "shows common sense" or "discretion" you are more likely to test the boundaries.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

personally I always have green tape on green socks or black on black so it doesn't bother me... everyone I've spoken to agrees its a bit of a strange thing to bring in, rule or not people are gonna test the boundaries anyway, its in our nature!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 10:24 am

littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:

The Ref in this game used his disgression on this law of the game it's a shame he didn't where the subs were concerned !!

A little bird tells me you had a bit of a shocker on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 10:53 am

i have told our lads but some are using up existing tape from last season. Sure when they buy replacement tape it Will be colour coordinated
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:

Had a very good game but thats my opinion and the Assessors who gave me a well deserved 79 Very Happy so perhaps the little bird should just stick to picking up worms !!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

Widds wrote:
i have told our lads but some are using up existing tape from last season. Sure when they buy replacement tape it Will be colour coordinated

Times are hard eh Widds? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

don't want anything getting in the way of them paying subs lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

littlebigman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:

Had a very good game but thats my opinion and the Assessors who gave me a well deserved 79 Very Happy so perhaps the little bird should just stick to picking up worms !!!!

Fair enough, just that i was told you were very inconsistant, particularly when an ap player swore at you after they were tackled badly and you didnt blow, and then you decided to stop flowing play and awarded a free kick to the other side after sometime, and brought play all the way back from Basfords end (because of the swearing), and Basford went on to score, its the first time ive ever come across that one being put in to use, and when Basford players swore at you, you didnt give the ball to ap, just wondered if you had any comment and could explain why one side gets awarded a free kick for the other team swearing but not the other. I think you should have let the ball go out of play before you made the decision, as that could have been a goal scoring chance for ap. Plus the ap player got booked but the basford player who did the dirty tackle didnt, sounds wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:

Fair enough, just that i was told you were very inconsistant, particularly when an ap player swore at you after they were tackled badly and you didnt blow, and then you decided to stop flowing play and awarded a free kick to the other side after sometime, and brought play all the way back from Basfords end (because of the swearing), and Basford went on to score, its the first time ive ever come across that one being put in to use, and when Basford players swore at you, you didnt give the ball to ap, just wondered if you had any comment and could explain why one side gets awarded a free kick for the other team swearing but not the other. I think you should have let the ball go out of play before you made the decision, as that could have been a goal scoring chance for ap. Plus the ap player got booked but the basford player who did the dirty tackle didnt, sounds wrong to me.
sounds very wrong to me as well but youve got the wrong person i'm afraid trying heading a bit further south for my game Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

I got told it was you, soz about the confusion.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

littlebigman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Capello wrote:

sounds very wrong to me as well but youve got the wrong person i'm afraid trying heading a bit further south for my game Very Happy
Sorry just read your post again,let me get this right your saying that Aylestone were on the attack after a player of theirs had been fouled
but they broke forward and ended up on the attack and an Aylestone player was still swearing at the Ref (very clever from the player?) so he stopped play booked the player (probably should of sent him off imo ) and gave Basford a free kick,i hope it was indirect? but if they scored from it that means he was wrong in law (report him Very Happy ) if indirect it sounds fantasic Refereeing to me, but i will ask the ref when i next see him and let you know

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 2:11 pm

I''l try, ap were on the edge of their own area, comming out of their 18yd box, just as they crossed over the 18 yd line, someone kicked one of ap's defenders and brought him down bad, the defender starts swearing, and carries on swearing, play carried on for a few seconds ap are now in basfords half, ref then blows as ap are on the attack and stops play, ball awarded to basford, and brought back to where the defender has been fouled...blah blah, basford go on to score from that indirect free kick, and it sort of changed the game, surely if the play was going on up the other end by this time, he should have waited for the ball to go out of play, and then sort out the cards?
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Hellboy wrote:
I''l try, ap were on the edge of their own area, comming out of their 18yd box, just as they crossed over the 18 yd line, someone kicked one of ap's defenders and brought him down bad, the defender starts swearing, and carries on swearing, play carried on for a few seconds ap are now in basfords half, ref then blows as ap are on the attack and stops play, ball awarded to basford, and brought back to where the defender has been fouled...blah blah, basford go on to score from that indirect free kick, and it sort of changed the game, surely if the play was going on up the other end by this time, he should have waited for the ball to go out of play, and then sort out the cards?
Difficult for me to be accurate tbh, but Refs would generally allow the ball to go out of play thats what i would try and do but did he stop play to caution the player because he may have carried on and then ended up with red? how many bookings/reds were there in this top 2 game?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitimeTue 04 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

...i see your point, but he didnt let the ball go out of play, yes he might have got a red if he'd have carried on who knows, but i still think the flow of the game should have been left alone, at least till the ball went out of play, to bring the ball back to their 18 yd box seems a bit wrong.

my heads starting to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: law 4- Players equipment   law 4- Players equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

law 4- Players equipment
Page 1 of 1