Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Time Played

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SerialStalker

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

I was involved in a match this evening where a referee only played 37 minutes in the first half. Both teams agreed on the fact the referee called half time 8 minutes early. I feel quite aggrieved that we lost this match without playing a full game, in there anywhere in the law that states the game could be replayed for this reason?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 10:30 pm

no. although the laws do state that both halves should be of equal duration. other rules do state if all clubs agree a game can be shortened to take into account bad light - i.e. 30, 35 or 40 mins each half. But if the 2nd half was 45, you've played an 82 minute game, and some night games are only 80 so with respect not the end of the world?
Back to top Go down
SerialStalker

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm

Not the end of the world no.The fact both halves were not the same duration makes this a broken law. The biggest joke surrounding the match is that there were around 15 officials at the ground watching the game for some form of training, including Iain Danson, Stuart Wade and Clive Bruce!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

What was the game? Friendly or league?
Back to top Go down
SerialStalker

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

It was a cup game.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

Which cup? What was the score?
Back to top Go down
SerialStalker

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 11:01 pm

Was Saturdays. Just on here for advice. Saff Dynamo Res 1 v 0 Lutterworth Toen Res
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

Difficult to comment without being there and knowing what circumstances but first law I stated above is definitely the case
Back to top Go down
SerialStalker

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 11:08 pm

cheers for the law. I have contacted county FA regarding the matter, will see what response i get. Disappointing really for a game at that level to be subject to this.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 12:14 am

SerialStalker wrote:
Not the end of the world no.The fact both halves were not the same duration makes this a broken law. The biggest joke surrounding the match is that there were around 15 officials at the ground watching the game for some form of training, including Iain Danson, Stuart Wade and Clive Bruce!!
Those 3 definitely need training Very Happy
The Referee is the sole Arbitor of time
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 9:14 am

Also, isn't it the captains that decide to shorten the game? i.e. it's not the referee's decision.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

littlebigman wrote:
SerialStalker wrote:
Those 3 definitely need training Very Happy
The Referee is the sole Arbitor of time

The rat pack weren't there were they? I'm sure it was all above board, check it out with your team captain first, judging on your last result, they'd probably beat you again anyway. Wink

Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

Sparta3 wrote:
Also, isn't it the captains that decide to shorten the game? i.e. it's not the referee's decision.
no it's not up to the Captains, the Referee has the ultimate decision on game time keeping although if the Ref wants to shorten the game before kick off he must inform both captains and if they didn't agree the Ref would then just tell them to run along because the ref is the sole arbitor of time during the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

SerialStalker wrote:
cheers for the law. I have contacted county FA regarding the matter, will see what response i get. Disappointing really for a game at that level to be subject to this.
I think you may find your wasting your time I have spoke to a Ref who was there last night and the Match Ref was adamant that he played 45 minutes in the first half
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Played   Time Played Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Played
Page 1 of 1