Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

First game of the season

Go down 
+4
Sparta3
Fccol
NiffyA
Widds
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

First game of the season Empty
PostSubject: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

Anyone know the first game of the season (date).

I know its usually the first weekend (the 2nd this season), but someone told me the first game is actually on the 5th September this year. Anyone shed some light?
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

The 1st game is likely to be scheduled on the 2nd September, but there could also be a few weds/friday fixtures the week before.

If you're 1st game isn't until the 5th I'd be very surprised!!
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

The 2nd is the first sunday game but there is a midweek fixture that u will be given which will be on either 29th aug, 31st aug, 5th sept or 7th sept. Thats what was on james's email on tuesday but dont know if anything has change since
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

NiffyA wrote:
The 1st game is likely to be scheduled on the 2nd September, but there could also be a few weds/friday fixtures the week before.

If you're 1st game isn't until the 5th I'd be very surprised!!
For odd numbered divisions there will always be someone without a game.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

FCCOL is right, i was under the impression the season will start at the earliest (unless you arrange with James) on Wednesday 29th August
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

We will be trying to bring our mid week game forward to 26th August. Depending on opponents and their pitch availability.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
We will be trying to bring our mid week game forward to 26th August. Depending on opponents and their pitch availability.

you aint guaranteed a midweek game before the season starts

but if i was james going on this summer i would try and get as many teams as possible to play 3 or 4 league games in midweek at the start of this season as there could be a lot of postponed games come winter
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

Widds wrote:
Anyone know the first game of the season (date).

I know its usually the first weekend (the 2nd this season), but someone told me the first game is actually on the 5th September this year. Anyone shed some light?

You are the one on the committee, surely you should be telling us, dear oh dear oh dear, if you don't know, how the devil are we supposed to, pull your finger out instead of pulling ours. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

but if i was james going on this summer i would try and get as many teams as possible to play 3 or 4 league games in midweek at the start of this season as there could be a lot of postponed games come winter

Its going to be lovely this winter, i can feel it in my bone, no postponements, lovely weather, perfect pitches, refs that never make bad decisions, teams that turn up every week, cheerleaders on the siedlines, stanno match balls given away left right and centre, masseurs on site, clean kit at halftime, heated seats for the fans, not one blip in the fixture list( thats for you james)ooh sorry i went off into a dream world for a mo.
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

Hellboy wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

Its going to be lovely this winter, i can feel it in my bone, no postponements, lovely weather, perfect pitches, refs that never make bad decisions, teams that turn up every week, cheerleaders on the siedlines, stanno match balls given away left right and centre, masseurs on site, clean kit at halftime, heated seats for the fans, not one blip in the fixture list( thats for you james)ooh sorry i went off into a dream world for a mo.

AND A TO55ER ON THE ALLIANCE SITE A HELLBOY

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First game of the season   First game of the season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First game of the season
Page 1 of 1