Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

FA Sunday Cup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

Ok, i know this subject was done last year, but just wondered if anyone could offer some info on this cup?

Firstly, if we apply and are rejected, it says a refund in clubs name, but we have a blue tin, not a bank account!!

Secondly, how much do you have to pay the opposition in transport fee?

Thirdly, if you win a game, do you get any prize money?

Basically, i am asking if this is a big drain on club finances? Is it worth playing in?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:26 pm

first - get yourself a bank account! pretty vital for a competition like this, and HSBC do accounts for football clubs

second - transport (from memory) is something like 45p per mile per car or 60p a mile for a coach. this is the only possible pitfall - if a club travels a fair few miles to play you, you will be liable for the costs. however, most 'Midlands' clubs are paired up early on - doubt you will get a Newcastle team or the like

third - prize money is available in every round whether you win or lose. again from memory, think its £250 for round one win, £50 or £100 if you lose.

well worth playing in if your team is solvent, Polska had 4 games in it and all were away - stroke of luck but really helped the finances!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

Cheers Mark, will be having a bit of a look at this...not expecting 4 wins, but its something new!!!

Also, because we have only just gone into Div 1, i am guessing we are not likely to be accepted this year? Is it worth us just waiting a year to ensure we get accepted?

Ta
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

it was confined to Premier sides when we were last in it, but I am sure they dropped that a few years later. i don't think it will count against you but you still have to be accepted
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

What did you do about a pitch Mark? Had a look at the requirements and you need somewhere pretty decent! Horsewell Lane won't do the job for us unfortunately!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

Advance hired out Oadby FC for their game....

I am entering talks with Hinckley United Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:46 pm

Yea, just had a chat with the gaffer and assistant and we reckon we can get somewhere. We're seriously considering it.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

Spoken to a few of our boys who were involved, they say its a cracking day out and well worth it...

From what Mark says, it would only cost money in the later stages if a team had to travel to you, but to be fair, if you get to the later stages, you already have money in the bank from it....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:36 pm

I'll drive the bus to the away games...........

FA Sunday Cup Bus
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

Haha nice pic
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 10:31 pm

We had provisionally booked lutterworth town in case we had been drawn at home. Our first ever away game in birmingham was fantastic - wheeler made his debut for us and scored 2 to put us 2 up at half time. Then they BATTERED us 2nd half - I've never seen us take such a hammering but we managed to win 2-1. It was a cracking day out
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 11:07 am

Widds wrote:
Haha nice pic

You can drive back, i'll be in the back trying to behave myself..

FA Sunday Cup Partybuspeople
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FA Sunday Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Sunday Cup   FA Sunday Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FA Sunday Cup
Page 1 of 1