HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Empty
PostSubject: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

We are looking at a couple of players and want to approach them to sign them on next season. Not something we have done as a club before, so whats the best way to go about it? Speak to the sec? And if you dont know the players phone number and the sec wont give it, would you just go to one of their games?

Just wondered what is the best way to do it in peoples opinions without pissing other teams off!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:59 pm

i would suggest that come 1 May when the season 'officially' ends you approach them regardless as almost certainly they will be free agents and i'm sure other clubs would do it to you! don't think much protocol exists come end of season - they can always turn you down if they want to stay with current club
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

What about getting their phone numbers? Can we get it from the player records? If you ask a club, do they have to give you the contact details etc?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

Use facebook! Doubt many clubs would be too helpful with the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 1:41 am

It's a gentlemans game, I'd highly recommend speaking the club sec before making contact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 6:39 am

You can always take the gaz hyatt approach. one day polska's then top striker mark inglis and I were watching polska ressies v great wigston. Gaz was patrolling the touchline and began talking to mark, who he knew from a few years back. He then began urging mark to sign for him the following season, unaware who I was. I did politely point out 2 him that he shouldn't try and poach the clubs top scorer...

Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 8:27 am

I would tend to agree with Joey mate

I guess as you are talking about season tho, until the orange forms are signed you are probably free to approach the player directly

unless its a Huncote player of course, then we might try and tempt the Ilnicki's......we have a bar pitch side, that might sway it lol!

Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

Think everyone becomes free agents at the end of the season mate, admirable you would try and contact the team though....i would be interested to see your short list Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

I wouldn't ever give a players number out to someone, but I would pass on the approaching clubs details to the player for them to contact if they wanted (after of course chatting to them about their intentions to stay for our club the following season and maybe flashing that orange book under their nose!) Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

Right, Will call the secretary of the club and go from there. Good player is Mr dyke Wink
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:43 am

I've blocked your number mate lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Widds wrote:
Right, Will call the secretary of the club and go from there. Good player is Mr dyke Wink

Not sure Glen Parva would be happy about you approaching Luke lol

Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

Do what a lot of the scallywags do around these parts......scheme...plot...spy...backstab...blag...lie...cheat...contrive...dodge... ploy...ruse...wheel and deal...dupe...diddle...double cross...hoodwink...fool...swindle...mislead...sting...rip off...i cant be more clearer than that, what do you want, a smoke signal?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

Or just let the Magician use that gorgeous smile of his, i swear when he smiles that little chink of light, bounces off his front teeth, PING.....
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Or just let the Magician use that gorgeous smile of his, i swear when he smiles that little chink of light, bounces off his front teeth, PING.....

Your man crush is getting worse!

Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 1:39 pm

I think the best way is to get it leaked in the papers! Time for a club insider to release a statement!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

For us we've only ever signed one and for that I went to a game and spoke with the manager and secretary before we officially did anything... Manners cost nothing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!   Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers and player approaches - good protocol!!
Page 1 of 1