Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

NOTE TO LEAGUE

Go down 
+23
tysmith c.n.f.c
dezza
Spy
Pete Mourinho
Jenko
BigTimeCharlie
dee_aitcho
Paulo
The Fixture Secretary
Coley21
DiscoDave
Skeems
Giggsisgod
Aussie Owl
newsreader
random
Widds
littlebigman
Hellboy
browny15lfc
Dodgy
Polska legend II
maisto8
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:57 am

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
I have to sort out the semi finals and this includes the venues (and I HATE doing it and don't hide the fact either).

Every season ALL I generally get is abuse about semi final venues!!

This season so far we've had one at Aylestone Park, which was not good enough because it was on one of the side pitches! One at North Kilworth which is too far away! One at Magna 73 which wasn't on the main pitch! This one which sounds like a complete mess! The Walton semi's at Aylestone which although they were o.k, the second pitch is still not as good as the first pitch!

The only one I've not recieved any poor feedback from is Huncote!!
Now my brief is to pick the best possible venues? They have to be pitches that Alliance teams use?? Anyone getting my problem?? Also it helps to not use a venue of a team that is behind in fixtures.

In the past we've used Leicester Irish centre (not on the main pitch so not good enough), Desford (Pitch is far too small) and a host of others I've received abuse about!

This Sunday the semi final is proposed to be at Dunton & Broughton but the pitch isn't available, so come on then lets have a list.....

By the way I would like to thank Gareth for giving up his own personal time yesterday to go to this game and not receive a dicky bird for it! I also get to choose the committee member and always just send them along! In fact why don't I thank them all! They never moan! Just get on with it!

With regards to what Dennis said and I've already had this conversation with loads of people, the facilities for adult football are def getting worse! (I'm surprised this isn't the Alliance League's fault) I've not played for 8 years and played (if you'd call it that) for 6 seasons prior to that and most of the facilities are exactley the same as the first season I played and that was REALLY poor!! The private teams and better grounds of Leicestershire aren't going to let us use their facilities and ruin them! But even the top facilities at some of the better clubs in Leicester are still poor!!

Pete and the Huncote lads did put on bacon cobs that did sway it cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

So that is the secret?!?

If only Frolesworth had put bacon cobs on.............
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

I have to sort out the semi finals and this includes the venues (and I HATE doing it and don't hide the fact either).

This season so far we've had one at Aylestone Park, which was not good enough because it was on one of the side pitches! One at North Kilworth which is too far away! One at Magna 73 which wasn't on the main pitch! This one which sounds like a complete mess! The Walton semi's at Aylestone which although they were o.k, the second pitch is still not as good as the first pitch!

Now my brief is to pick the best possible venues? They have to be pitches that Alliance teams use?? Anyone getting my problem?? Also it helps to not use a venue of a team that is behind in fixtures.

In the past we've used Leicester Irish centre (not on the main pitch so not good enough), Desford (Pitch is far too small) and a host of others I've received abuse about!

This Sunday the semi final is proposed to be at Dunton & Broughton but the pitch isn't available, so come on then lets have a list.....

By the way I would like to thank Gareth for giving up his own personal time yesterday to go to this game and not receive a dicky bird for it! I also get to choose the committee member and always just send them along! In fact why don't I thank them all! They never moan! Just get on with it!

With regards to what Dennis said and I've already had this conversation with loads of people, the facilities for adult football are def getting worse! (I'm surprised this isn't the Alliance League's fault) I've not played for 8 years and played (if you'd call it that) for 6 seasons prior to that and most of the facilities are exactley the same as the first season I played and that was REALLY poor!! The private teams and better grounds of Leicestershire aren't going to let us use their facilities and ruin them! But even the top facilities at some of the better clubs in Leicester are still poor!!

There pitch has a bit of a slant...
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

You mean it goes downhill.

....Like your managerial career
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:45 am

DiscoDave wrote:
I went down to watch Saff lounge v Reem Team today in the EW Foster Semi... I thought it was a well fought game and seriously think Reem should have wrapped it up in the 90 mins with the 3/4 decent chances in the last 5 mins of the second half. But Saff did well to take the lead twice in extra time and with a couple of great saves by their keeper late on helped them take the win.
BUT, the pitch they were playing on was dreadful when there was a perfectly decent unused pitch next to it. The 3 Officials looked out there depth if im honest if thats possible reffing a sunday football game, both linos had absolute shockers. one of the linesman was atleast 60 struggled to keep up with play the whole game flagged a couple of decisions after hearing shouts from either team and hoping he was right. Fans from both teams stood infront of the barriers and at somepoints were pretty much on the pitch which made it almost impossible for the linos to see yet they were still making decisions based on guess work. At one point one spectator from the Saff end ran on the pitch and kicked the ball away because he didnt agree with where the reem lad was taking the free kick from. When players moaned the Ref did nothing, this is the same ref that last time i saw him ref a game turned up with NO whistle NO cards and NO watch(he borrowed a phone from a spectator to keep time) and yet he finds himself with a semi final fixture to ref. He got a bit card happy in extratime booking a reem player that had been subbed and a couple of saff players for small things. just pointless bookings.

In all fairness this was a bad representation of the Alliance League today, why would any team want to get to a semi final and have to play on a cow field and have 3 incapable officials spoil the occasion.

Well done to Saff Lounge and good luck for the final.

Dear dear, this post comes across as very humorous, smells a bit fishy and tastes a bit like sour grapes, i'm still smiling after reading it, it reads like you must be one of the parents of reem team, you sound bitterly disappointed that you wont be getting this trophy, never mind you cant win everything, as its been said before, maybe it should have been Desford playing that game anyway, if RT wasted this chance, then they've only got themselves to blame, most of what you've described is typical Sunday morning football anyway, theres always people encroaching on the sidelines, in the way of the linos, and alot of the officials are more experienced and mature, but they certainly dont favour any one team, unlike"some" own teams linos, who will definitely flag to get their team the decisions, just goes to prove when there are 3 proper officials, the outcome of the games can be surprisingly different, as for booking a player that had been subbed, he'd obviously not been behaving on the sideline, perhaps trying to intimidate the ref or lino's, well done Saffron Lounge Sunday, enjoy the final.....
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

Should be a good final. Good Luck to Tommy and his lads, will see them Sunday for a warm up game
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

The Magna 73 problem was due to the fact the committee wouldn't let us use the main pitch due to the fact there was a game on it in the afternoon and the conditions were poor.

That was out of my hands, I think the league booked Magna's pitch because they thought, as I did, that the game would be played on the main pitch which is in good condition.
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

Put Bacon cobs on next time Kev!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I think you've put that very well James!

One question for all clubs to vote on:

would you rather:

a) get to a semi final regardless of the conditions you encounter when you get there (same for both sides after all)

or

b) not get to a semi and get knocked out of cups all the time
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Why do semi finals have to be played at a ground that an alliance league club already plays at?
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

Because we instruct the club to host the semi final.

I don't suppose they HAVE to be at a club in the Alliance but it just creates a load more work.

As it is now I TELL the club they are hosting a semi final!! They just get on and do it. They book the pitch, mark the pitch, sort out the changing rooms, showers etc and are asked to be there to host the game and priovide drinks at half time etc. That is why generally a team that is hosting a semi does not have a legue game on the same day!! I told Frolesworth they were hosting and sent them the document I send to ALL teams hosting a semi with instructions / guidence.

Whereas if we were to use Oadby Town for example it means I (or someone else, but pretty much guarantee it would be me!!) have to sort it all out and ensure everything is sorted. Book the pitch and all the above etc.

Plus from previous expereience and as put in my previous post at this time of the year no-one wants a game on their pitch that is nothing to do with them. The pitches are all in a bad way and the last thing they want is to host an Alliance Semi final!

Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

Jenko wrote:
Why do semi finals have to be played at a ground that an alliance league club already plays at?

We have 8 semifinals. Finding 1 ground outside the League of the required standard would be difficult - finding 8 would be impossible.

If 80 Alliance grounds are unsuitable or unavailable, then ..........

Also remember that we have very short notice because arrangements are difficult to put in place until the quarters have been placed.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

James you have had no complaints from MDH or Magna about the game at Huncote apparently because three of the Huncote Boys (including me) turned up and sold Bacon cobs. lol!

On a serious note, no complaints because everything was done correctly, as the host (and in this case also committee member) I put more effort into hosting a semi than we done a home game. We have great facilities that in my opinion are fitting of a sunday morning semi final, yes the pitch can be boggy and has a little bit of a slope but facilities are top notch plus the bar is open and I make a mean bacon cob.

I know how much James hates organising the Semis each year and that is why we are always happy to help. However, as the host club you are responsibility for making sure the game goes ahead smoothly.

When hosting a semi final you need to make sure the pitch is correctly marked out, nets up, showers working. Both teams know where they are going, same for the ref and that earns you the pitch fee.

As a committee member in attendance you just have to co-ordinate things on the day, neither you or the league should be marking pitches out, turning showers on etc thats for the host club to do.

James always makes sure we don't have a game, so that I can get some help from the players, we provide half time drinks, open the kitchen and sell bacon cobs. I also make sure on the Saturday that all is set up, take the money stay and watch the game, encourage the teams to stick around and use the bar.

The committee, league as a whole and certainly James shouldn't be getting stick for Semi Final grounds....the work that goes on in the back ground to make these games goes ahead is a thankless task. Well done boys and girls
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

Tiny Tony needs to keep his beak shut and report it the proper way if he's not happy about the situation.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

James you have had no complaints from MDH or Magna about the game at Huncote apparently because three of the Huncote Boys (including me) turned up and sold Bacon cobs. lol!

On a serious note, no complaints because everything was done correctly, as the host (and in this case also committee member) I put more effort into hosting a semi than we done a home game. We have great facilities that in my opinion are fitting of a sunday morning semi final, yes the pitch can be boggy and has a little bit of a slope but facilities are top notch plus the bar is open and I make a mean bacon cob.

I know how much James hates organising the Semis each year and that is why we are always happy to help. However, as the host club you are responsibility for making sure the game goes ahead smoothly.

When hosting a semi final you need to make sure the pitch is correctly marked out, nets up, showers working. Both teams know where they are going, same for the ref and that earns you the pitch fee.

As a committee member in attendance you just have to co-ordinate things on the day, neither you or the league should be marking pitches out, turning showers on etc thats for the host club to do.

James always makes sure we don't have a game, so that I can get some help from the players, we provide half time drinks, open the kitchen and sell bacon cobs. I also make sure on the Saturday that all is set up, take the money stay and watch the game, encourage the teams to stick around and use the bar.

The committee, league as a whole and certainly James shouldn't be getting stick for Semi Final grounds....the work that goes on in the back ground to make these games goes ahead is a thankless task. Well done boys and girls

On a serious note you boys did a cracking job all round....with both sets of teams staying for a beer afterwards
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:20 pm

Thanksfor clearing that up James and Dennis was just curious
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

The thing is I am not moaning about people moaning!! Everyone can come on here and say what they think and it does sound like Frolesworth was not good enough yesterday and I'll certainly be looking into that!!

I also understand people want to play at the best pitches and facilities for Semi finals but you tell me where and I will provide...

No-one has so far suggested a ground for me to use this sunday?????

It looks like Huncote will have to host each semi final over a run of 6 consecutive weekends!! No games for Huncote but loads of bacon cobs!! Very Happy
Doh, that can't happen Huncotes ground is not available every weekend!! Let's cancel the finals till May / June so we can use Huncote.... And that's my kind of point...............

Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

If we hadn't got so many games to play including 5 at home I would say cancel our game against AC this weekend and we will host the semi but not possible sorry James
Back to top Go down
maisto8

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 5:21 pm

1. James apologies if it is the host clubs responsibility and i know your job is hard.
2. Surely it makes sense to look further a field than alliance grounds, Manor rd Oadby, Leic college welford rd, Friar Lane, St Andrews, Scouts HQ?????
3. I made my point so it pushes for improvement which surely everyone wants. If we said nothing then it would mean it is acceptable.
4. If i didn't post it on here then the most important people, THE PLAYERS, would not get their say and then people who don't actually play would be making all the decisions.
5. Polska, stop going on how we should be grateful to be there. We work hard to get to semi finals like all teams and it should be treated as a achievement., not a normal game. Otherwise whats the point? If you got a semi final and the league said use the Star and Garters pitch and you got beat up 5 nil paid more cos of officials etc would you be happy???
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

My point was that as we have 'only' been in 3 semis in 10 years I would play on a concrete road if it meant just getting there again! Just glad u have realised what work goes in on these things by the league and have commendably apologised to james! I spoke to a sunbury connection 2day and he was amazed at the goalmouth (or lack of one). I agree u should expect a reasonable pitch for a semi but lashing out at the league yesterday (whether meant or not) was not the best way to go about it and if james calls it a day I can see future games being played with 'first side drawn out the hat plays at home' if he gets complaints every year
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 6:29 pm

The thing is I am not moaning about people moaning!! Everyone can come on here and say what they think and it does sound like Frolesworth was not good enough yesterday and I'll certainly be looking into that!!

I also understand people want to play at the best pitches and facilities for Semi finals but you tell me where and I will provide...

No-one has so far suggested a ground for me to use this sunday?????

It looks like Huncote will have to host each semi final over a run of 6 consecutive weekends!! No games for Huncote but loads of bacon cobs!! Very Happy
Doh, that can't happen Huncotes ground is not available every weekend!! Let's cancel the finals till May / June so we can use Huncote.... And that's my kind of point...............

what about the birstall co-op ground james? i know you used it last season when we (sporting highcross ) played there, dont believe there was any complaints about that? i think one of the thurmaston teams in the league play there now dont they?
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

I have thought about it but same problems as we had last year.... Gaunt!!

Things don't change. Thurmaston are supposed to be there on Sunday and hopefully will be but the prob is they've got 5 home games left and only 3 Sundays so would be harsh to make a cup semi there and then give them another midweek!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

gaunt are a nightmare lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

maisto8 wrote:

4. If i didn't post it on here then the most important people, THE PLAYERS, would not get their say and then people who don't actually play would be making all the decisions.

I would argue that the players are not MORE important....all are equally important to Sunday football...and if 20 footballers quit, probably not the same fallout as if 20 members of the league committee quit...how many people on here would be willing to take some of the more active roles within the league? I seem to remember nobody volunteering to be the press officer at the beginning of last season....just pointing out that whilst its great to have top teams like Advance, its even better being part of the Alliance league....from my own experience
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

We might be on rushey fields for our semi, will be weird really having not long played there,
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

Quote :
1. James apologies if it is the host clubs responsibility and i know your job is hard.
2. Surely it makes sense to look further a field than alliance grounds, Manor rd Oadby, Leic college welford rd, Friar Lane, St Andrews, Scouts HQ?????
3. I made my point so it pushes for improvement which surely everyone wants. If we said nothing then it would mean it is acceptable.
5. Polska, stop going on how we should be grateful to be there. We work hard to get to semi finals like all teams and it should be treated as a achievement., not a normal game. Otherwise whats the point? If you got a semi final and the league said use the Star and Garters pitch and you got beat up 5 nil paid more cos of officials etc would you be happy???

Believe it or not, the scout HQ is being knocked down never to be resurrected. That pitch no longer exists Mad
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

sure i drove past it earlier??
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:16 pm

Following this thread, it is only appropriate that the host club respond.

Firstly, I would like to point out that myself (assistant manager) and the club's manager, Ben Harris, were not at the semi-final, so please bear in mind it is difficult for the club to comment.

Secondly, I think Advance's decision to publicly criticise our facilities is very unprofessional and particularly, seeing as though their Horsewell Lane ground is particularly poor.

We have always maintained good relations with Advance, having narrowly lost 3-2 to them earlier this season, but this will certainly have soured our opinion of them.

I personally received an e-mail from James instructing that we would be the hosts for this particular fixture, to which I passed on to our chairman and secretary.

It came by surprise, as our pitch isn't of the highest standard and neither are our facilities. However, Frolesworth United had no choice but to host this fixture.

If we had expressed a preference, we would prefer not to have hosted the game as our pitch is currently in poor condition with plenty of games having already been played on it this season.

As some of you may be aware, we were fortunate enough to play our games at Hall Park previously as myself and the club chairman worked at the Lutterworth Soccer Centre.

What you may not be aware, however, is that Lutterworth Soccer Centre was taken over by new managers, who without our knowledge, made a deal with Lutterworth Athletic meaning that we were without a ground and the very existence of our club was placed under threat.

As a result, we moved to Dunley Way, which is still owned by Lutterworth Council, who let the ground to Lutterworth Athletic as their junior teams still play there.

We, therefore, have to pay our pitch subsidies to Lutterworth Athletic, not the council and as a result are NOT allowed to make any alterations to the pitch, such as paint the pitch markings.

Furthermore, it is up to the discretion of the referee as to whether the pitch is playable and not, the teams in question.

Secondly, our changing rooms do have shower facilities with hot water, although we are unable to offer warm food and drinks at half-time as the clubhouse is now defunct.

As I originally posted, I wasn't personally at the fixture so I cannot possibly comment, but Frolesworth United Football Club are very disappointed that this matter has been broadcast over the forum, rather than through much more professional channels.

Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm

Firstly the original post was made by a player and not any of the management of Advance Couriers on a public forum so there are no reason why any of the management are even aware of this thread or haven't gone through the right channels to make their opinions heard,

Secondly no one has complained about the overall state of the pitch as it seemed to hold up quite well even with the overnight rain, it was just the lack of lines over the whole pitch, as you have now pointed out your unable to do any remedial work yourself to improve the pitch, but may I suggest you have a word with Lutterworth Athletic to rectify the problem as you yourself are paying tenants and unfortunately it seems they are willing to take your money but aren't providing a suitable pitch, and maybe with the showers it was just one of those things but I can assure you although water was just about coming out they were definitely not hot

Thirdly although Horsewell Lane isnt ever gonna win the best ground award but it holds sometimes 12 teams a weekend and I know our pitch when not used by ourselfs is used by Webbys, so thats constant hammering week after week yet it is still covered in grass and these are council run pitches, which I believe the council are looking at improving the changing facilities sometime in the future

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:05 am

Thanks for your reply.

The club were unaware that it was a player who had made the comments, but still, they are a representative of Advance Couriers and have decided to publicly criticise the pitch.

None of our players are allowed to comment on the forum, hence why we have an account registered under the club.

As i've mentioned, though, I was not at the game so it is difficult for me to pass comment.

However, we have had no problems before Sunday with regards to the pitch not being marked out.

With regards to the showers, it seems to me that it is genuinely as simple as that the hot water was not switched on.

In terms of Lutterworth Athletic, we currently have an indifferent relationship with them. Particularly, as they moved to Hall Park without either informing us, or giving us due consideration.

Couple that with the fact that they now have several of our players in their first team, who they would prefer did not play Sunday football in spite of the fact they played for us first and you can see there is friction.

But, I will personally inspect the pitch this week and should it not be marked out I will get our chairman to inform them that this needs doing immediately.

Both personally and from the Club, we apologise that the players felt the pitch wasn't up to scratch, but we deny any wrongdoing.

If the pitch wasn't up to standard, the referee and officials concerned would not have gone ahead with the semi-final and an Alliance League committee member would also have objected.

Congratulations on reaching another final, anyway. Hopefully we'll be competing with you in the top-flight next season.
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:21 am

FEAR_FUFC wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

The club were unaware that it was a player who had made the comments, but still, they are a representative of Advance Couriers and have decided to publicly criticise the pitch.

None of our players are allowed to comment on the forum, hence why we have an account registered under the club.

As I've mentioned, though, I was not at the game so it is difficult for me to pass comment.

However, we have had no problems before Sunday with regards to the pitch not being marked out.

With regards to the showers, it seems to me that it is genuinely as simple as that the hot water was not switched on.

In terms of Lutterworth Athletic, we currently have an indifferent relationship with them. Particularly, as they moved to Hall Park without either informing us, or giving us due consideration.

Couple that with the fact that they now have several of our players in their first team, who they would prefer did not play Sunday football in spite of the fact they played for us first and you can see there is friction.

But, I will personally inspect the pitch this week and should it not be marked out I will get our chairman to inform them that this needs doing immediately.

Both personally and from the Club, we apologize that the players felt the pitch wasn't up to scratch, but we deny any wrongdoing.

If the pitch wasn't up to standard, the referee and officials concerned would not have gone ahead with the semi-final and an Alliance League committee member would also have objected.

Congratulations on reaching another final, anyway. Hopefully we'll be competing with you in the top-flight next season.

I fail to see how one player is representing Advance on a public forum he is representing his own opinion that's all, there are a few of our lads that have accounts on this site but have not wading in with their opinion,

I personally think this has been blown way out of proportion, yes the pitch was poorly marked but as you've stated you were unaware of the state of the pitch and the showers is just one of those things I guess, it happens at Blaby all the time, there were good things to the fixture, Dom was there early to open the changing rooms, made sure they were constantly locked and I believe a few of your lads came down to watch either that or someones selling knock off blue tracksuits in Lutterworth,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:29 am

I agree, I was very surprised to see this when I logged on to read the forum.

As you can see by the number of posts from the club in the previous four years, we don't tend to post on here very often.

I'm pleased to hear a few of our lads made it down to watch, though, including Dom, who is our central midfielder.

The tracksuits are class, they've been in high demand in Lutterworth!

I think the problem may have been that none of our coaching staff appear to have been there to supervise though.

I was at Stamford Bridge, our manager is in Turkey, our Chairman was presumably at work and our Club Secretary, who had a big rugby game on Saturday, was most likely still in Stoke.

It looks as though it was left to Dom to sort out, but hopefully if we host a semi-final in the future we can improve on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank ALL teams who host Semi finals for me. I would certainly never criticise a club for doing a thankless task of hosting a semi final!

As I have already stated the club does not really get a choice in the matter! I tell them they are doing it and the clubs give up their own time to do this and at the expense of not having their own fixture!!

I do understand why Frolesworth are a little unhappy with this topic and how it's blown out of all proportion but for me it does show the problems we have as a league and not only that but the clubs have. The playing facilities (generally) for adult football are NOT as good as they used to be. Pitch costs are forever going up and we don't receive any more for that! Like I say I asked yesterday for people to come up with ideas for a venue for this Sunday and I've had one!! Like I say it just shows..........

Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:11 am

Whilst it is great to have a bar and bacon cobs (thanks Pete) I do think one of the most important aspects to playing in a semi final is a neutral ground. A year or two back we played a County semi final on the oppositions pitch and it took an awful lot out of the occasion. We did ask the County FA for just a neutral ground, but they put all semis on at the ground of the first named team due to the very bad weather that year and not wanting to delay more fixtures for teams who would potentially host the semi. I think we do very well to get not only neutral grounds, but ones where the host club treat the teams really well.

Last year we played a semi at Desford and whilst they didn't have drinks and refreshments on site, they did take us back to their local after for some of the best food we've had on our travels. They didn't need to do that- I'm not sure who picked up the bill!

From Magna's point of view- we've had really good experiences of playing in league semi finals and appreciate the amount of work that goes in to staging and hosting a semi final, and the communication is excellent both prior to and on the day of a semi final. My personal opinion- a job well done by the league!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

Blimey, all this just because no one had the foresight to twiddle with a knob, i even wonder if one of their own players didnt turn the showers off themselves by mistake, i used to act this childish when i was 4 yrs old, you've seen the scene when the rattle falls out the pram.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

FEAR_FUFC wrote:
I agree, I was very surprised to see this when I logged on to read the forum.

As you can see by the number of posts from the club in the previous four years, we don't tend to post on here very often.

I'm pleased to hear a few of our lads made it down to watch, though, including Dom, who is our central midfielder.

The tracksuits are class, they've been in high demand in Lutterworth!

I think the problem may have been that none of our coaching staff appear to have been there to supervise though.

I was at Stamford Bridge, our manager is in Turkey, our Chairman was presumably at work and our Club Secretary, who had a big rugby game on Saturday, was most likely still in Stoke.

It looks as though it was left to Dom to sort out, but hopefully if we host a semi-final in the future we can improve on Sunday.

Cant say fairer than that, sometimes these things just happen, by the way, did you ever get your changing room doors fixed after they got kicked in?
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

Yes, we couldn't afford to bring anyone in as we've been operating at a loss for the past couple of seasons, so our chairman managed to do a bit of handy work and restored the door frame and benches to their original condition!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

Make them bring their ID cards next time, so you can bill them for the damage....
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

What I think everybody should remember is that the original post came from a player who is well known for his whinging which gets worse as the seasons go by,on the whole it seems the majority are very happy with what James does along with the rest of the comittee and host clubs,perhaps we should just ignore the ignorance of a player who is just a shadow of the average player he once was Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maisto8

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Wow, littlebigman that's very mean. Your hurting my feelings. You sound like a very jealous and bitter person
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOTE TO LEAGUE   NOTE TO LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOTE TO LEAGUE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next