Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 18 March

Go down 
+32
Widds
Joey Barton
Pete Mourinho
hotshot66
Mivan are going up
huncote no:2
ShaNiO
Paulo
Stroller
tobester29
THE WATCHER
littlebigman
Capello
Vintage 9
LoneRanger38
CSKA17
Plough new boy
Kilworthsunday
mowmacre fc
Skeems
Giggsisgod
Jwithers
dave ash
browny15lfc
Polska legend II
Ramley_LBFC
Hairy Hebrew!
BEES KNEES
KajimaFC
Jenko
Hellboy
Gordon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

Capello wrote:
I Have to say last week when we played Polska there was plenty of diving from the Polska lads which was understandable as the were avoiding "tackles" from Gilly! In our two games against Polska this year I wouldn't say they try to cheat by diving, they go down like every other player does the only difference is the language barrier which a few of them, they may shout something in polish that we do not understand therefore can we assume they are trying to cheat? Also last week when they were 1-0 up they took their time with a lot of things but that bit them on the bum in the end Very Happy

To be fair I'd dive out the way of gilly!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 9:49 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
That's a ridiculous comment and not something we have ever been accused of before. What I do find is that there is a bit of a culture clash. The polish players tend to go down with a bit of a squeal, which to english lads and teams is a bit of a wind up but it doesn't mean that these lads haven't been fouled. People seem to think that if there is a bit of a shriek when a foul takes place then the players are trying to con the ref. But this doesn't mean they haven't been fouled in the first place. Having worked with many of these players for the last 2 years I can say hand on heart that not one of them dives or is anything other than genuine. The one in the first half when marek went to ground was a genuinely good tackle by your player which I applauded but believe me there is absolutely no intent by us to con anyone. That word 'cheat' has come out again which I referred to in my original post and it is used too freely in my opinion
I'd ask the question how many were booked for diving? the comment about cheat should be removed,in and out of play is hardly life or death and there wouldn't of been many present in a position to judge accurately
Guthlaxton threw away there last little chance of the title and should learn to do it with a bit of grace Very Happy

None booked for diving. Mark connolly is a top drawer ref and a real credit to the league
That was the poiint i was making Mark wouldn't stand for diving,case closed i'd say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 10:46 pm

If it means that much to both teams I'll change the sodding report on the kilworth v Hoskins res. Sorry Browny about missing ur name, I'll sort that tomorrow. As for Hoskins, I know the quality u got in that squad and with your recent record I thought that you were gonna walk the division which is why I elected for champions elect. Again with no report from
Hoskins I had to assume u were at full strength.

Back to top Go down
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm

KAJI-MACHINE wrote:
Silenced a few people today!!!

lucky win tho 5 own goals and 3 penalties lol!
Back to top Go down
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

KAJI-MACHINE wrote:
Bout time I've been saying sme team was gna take a battering and azul were that team good bunch of lads to be fair!!

awesome performance by mark woolman
we did have 5 out but no excuses you were much better on the day
best of luck for the rest of the season
see you in the return when hopefully we will give you a better game
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:01 am

Mark woolman is poor!!!haha and we had 3 players out! Enjoyed the game good set of lads and as 4 the lad from st marks u got turned over today!!
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 8:49 am

dave ash wrote:
Niffy A 0 - 5 dulka

Score line doesn't really reflect the performance, we missed a few sitters today but Dulka put there chances away and thats what its about,

Our first win since Nov! it has been coming the last few weeks and to be honest i thought we deserved it as we battled hard and played well as a team. First half we were very lucky to go in 2-0 up as you had 2 glorious chances but as you said you didn't take them. 2nd half we upped the intensity scored our chances and played with more team spirit and just wanted it more.

Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:15 am

On the subject of the diving

This happens every game against Polska but isn't every player. If there is hint of contact (and sometimes none at all) and the Polska player loses possession then he immediately goes to ground shrieking and looks to the ref for a foul.

The number 8 yesterday was an absolute embarrassment and I am surprised Mark is even trying to defend him. When the referree, whom Mark acknowledges was good, felt the need to actually stop the game and talk to the 8 about it then I believe a line has been crossed.

It is a shame cos they are good side who battle for 90 mins but the goodwill can soon be lost if the play-acting continues.

As for us conceding the title with little grace, we actually conceded the title 3 weeks ago versus Trinderbox so yesterdays result was more about us holding on to 2nd!!!!!

Hopefully we can postpone the Foxes party for another week tho!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

Magna Town 3 - 2 Huncote

Another close game between us two! Adam Dyke opened the scoring with a clincial finish, we managed to get back level after a goal keeping error. Was a bit of a scrappy game, conditions didnt help to much. Second half Dykey scored again. We managed to pull ourselves together a grab a second. Then in the last 2 minutes Huncote centre back had chance to win it but smashed it into the gardens behind the goal, we went up the other end and another keeping error allowed Darrell to nod in from two yards.... Widds face was a picture apparently!

Thanks to Russ, Pete and the Huncote lads, always good banter between the two of us, always fair and competitive, the ref caused the most problems..craving attention but our match report to Stewart will reflect this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

St Marks 0 - 2 C.S.K.A

Plain and simple we were poor! no effort, no voices, no interest!

Credit to the Carnabys they plugged away and deserved the win, about time we lost hopefully can pick ourselves up next and get back to winning ways in order for us to lift the title at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
huncote no:2

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

Magna Town 3 - 2 Huncote

Another close game between us two! Adam Dyke opened the scoring with a clincial finish, we managed to get back level after a goal keeping error. Was a bit of a scrappy game, conditions didnt help to much. Second half Dykey scored again. We managed to pull ourselves together a grab a second. Then in the last 2 minutes Huncote centre back had chance to win it but smashed it into the gardens behind the goal, we went up the other end and another keeping error allowed Darrell to nod in from two yards.... Widds face was a picture apparently!

Thanks to Russ, Pete and the Huncote lads, always good banter between the two of us, always fair and competitive, the ref caused the most problems..craving attention but our match report to Stewart will reflect this!

[i]I have to agree with report...another close game between us, played in the right manner although the ref might disagree..i'll say no more on that...gutted tbh that we got nothing out of the game...good luck for the rest of the season..gonna be an interesting run in, in a very competitve DIv 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

Mivan 2 – 2 CSKA Sporting

Frustrating yesterday to only come away with a point, really should have won.

Neither team really started great, however 5 mins in with our first attack and shot we were 1 nil up, William Roulsten curling home an effort from the edge of the area. We knew the little lad up front for CSKA would be a handful due to hit blistering pace and finishing, however we didn’t give him a sniff at all in for the rest of the first half and pretty much dominated, but we didn’t really create too many open cut chances.

Second half we had a mare for the first 10 minutes.. 2 silly errors gave them a way back into the game and with “Jamie Maher” up front you cant afford to do it, the lad finishes for fun.

After that we got ourselves together and really went for it, we had about 3 cleared of the line and a few good saves by their keeper kept it at 2-1, not to forget a few good saves from our keeper too! CSKA returned the favour though and gave us a needless peno for a push in the back of one of out lads. Rav did the rest and it was 2-2.. The rest of the game was both team openly and honestly going for the 3 points but we pretty much cancelled each other out.

4th would be an achievement for us this year, so onwards and upwards. Bid game next week v AFC Sporting.. We owe them one after the last time we played them.

Scorers: Rav Dhillon & William Roulsten.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

Capello wrote:
I Have to say last week when we played Polska there was plenty of diving from the Polska lads which was understandable as the were avoiding "tackles" from Gilly! In our two games against Polska this year I wouldn't say they try to cheat by diving, they go down like every other player does the only difference is the language barrier which a few of them, they may shout something in polish that we do not understand therefore can we assume they are trying to cheat? Also last week when they were 1-0 up they took their time with a lot of things but that bit them on the bum in the end Very Happy

That sounds a bit unfair, if they can be talking in Polish and shouting at the ref etc ...how does anyone else know what they are saying? if they can genuinely speak some english, then its unsportsman like if they dont, and how does the ref know if someone is swearing at him? if english players swear at the refs they can be sent off, how does that work if someone is swearing in polish? an unfair advantage?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

Stroller wrote:

This happens every game against Polska but isn't every player. If there is hint of contact (and sometimes none at all) and the Polska player loses possession then he immediately goes to ground shrieking and looks to the ref for a foul.

The number 8 yesterday was an absolute embarrassment and I am surprised Mark is even trying to defend him. When the referree, whom Mark acknowledges was good, felt the need to actually stop the game and talk to the 8 about it then I believe a line has been crossed.

It is a shame cos they are good side who battle for 90 mins but the goodwill can soon be lost if the play-acting continues.

As for us conceding the title with little grace, we actually conceded the title 3 weeks ago versus Trinderbox so yesterdays result was more about us holding on to 2nd!!!!!

Once again, I am genuinely surprised that this is your view as no one at the club ever plays that way or even contemplates it. As I said in my original post, there is a definite culture clash, and as I see it every week maybe I am more used to it. I did point out that a lot of Polish players (along with other European countries) do have far less understanding of the physical side of the English game. I do readily accept that these players can often go down with a theatrical shriek or even a roll but it doesn't mean they haven't been fouled. I think it's just the reaction that surprises people. It doesn't really matter if a player takes a triple somersault and swan dive - if he has been fouled, he's been fouled. I've seen Osipinski (who didn't play yesterday) been kicked off the park many times this season, and he will always shout but he's still fouled, no matter how he reacts. I suspect it is this aspect that seems to have wound a few of you up. Our number 8 was in the thick of it, but I personally feel he was genuinely caught a few times by your lads - on the one occasion the ref did get involved the player was actually frustrated because he felt he'd been caught a few times more than was necessary, and got involved in some pushing and shoving - surely you wouldn't do that if you were feigning injury all the time? I also mentioned our number 7 Marek - he got 'nailed' in the first half and went down but your guy won the ball fair and square and it was an excellent tackle. We all have skillful players in our teams that do not like the 'physical' side of the game and he is one of them - but he wasn't playing for a foul - he just got hurt and didn't like it - but the ref waved play on and was absolutely 100% right and we didn't feel any other way.

Your guy got booked for swearing at me and calling me a cheat yet just minutes later I did not raise my flag despite my defenders screaming at me for an offside when you were through on goal - our right back was playing you on. My point is that it's easy to accuse people of diving / cheating etc. when there is far less of that going on than you think.

It's a shame as I don't think this should overshadow what was a very good game between two sides who wanted to play football.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Capello wrote:

That sounds a bit unfair, if they can be talking in Polish and shouting at the ref etc ...how does anyone else know what they are saying? if they can genuinely speak some english, then its unsportsman like if they dont, and how does the ref know if someone is swearing at him? if english players swear at the refs they can be sent off, how does that work if someone is swearing in polish? an unfair advantage?

funnily enough a certain ref stopped one of our games twice last season and asked me to stop the players swearing at him in Polish! They weren't. And he did not understand Polish either, so he was completely wrong. We don't swear at refs, only at each other.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Stroller wrote:

Once again, I am genuinely surprised that this is your view as no one at the club ever plays that way or even contemplates it. As I said in my original post, there is a definite culture clash, and as I see it every week maybe I am more used to it. I did point out that a lot of Polish players (along with other European countries) do have far less understanding of the physical side of the English game. I do readily accept that these players can often go down with a theatrical shriek or even a roll but it doesn't mean they haven't been fouled. I think it's just the reaction that surprises people. It doesn't really matter if a player takes a triple somersault and swan dive - if he has been fouled, he's been fouled. I've seen Osipinski (who didn't play yesterday) been kicked off the park many times this season, and he will always shout but he's still fouled, no matter how he reacts. I suspect it is this aspect that seems to have wound a few of you up. Our number 8 was in the thick of it, but I personally feel he was genuinely caught a few times by your lads - on the one occasion the ref did get involved the player was actually frustrated because he felt he'd been caught a few times more than was necessary, and got involved in some pushing and shoving - surely you wouldn't do that if you were feigning injury all the time? I also mentioned our number 7 Marek - he got 'nailed' in the first half and went down but your guy won the ball fair and square and it was an excellent tackle. We all have skillful players in our teams that do not like the 'physical' side of the game and he is one of them - but he wasn't playing for a foul - he just got hurt and didn't like it - but the ref waved play on and was absolutely 100% right and we didn't feel any other way.

Your guy got booked for swearing at me and calling me a cheat yet just minutes later I did not raise my flag despite my defenders screaming at me for an offside when you were through on goal - our right back was playing you on. My point is that it's easy to accuse people of diving / cheating etc. when there is far less of that going on than you think.

It's a shame as I don't think this should overshadow what was a very good game between two sides who wanted to play football.

so are you saying that although they don't dive, when fouled they like to make a meal out of it to convince the ref it was actually a foul? sorry if that's not the case it just reads like that. in my opinion that would still fall under "cheating".

i am not calling your guys cheats, just going off what has been said in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:08 pm

no I am saying that it is a bit of a culture shock on both sides - and that a foul is still a foul even of you don't like the reaction of a player. and that we are interested in playing football and don't entertain the notion of conning referees. Our most theatrical player is our keeper who last week got penalised for time wasting. the rest are good, genuine lads - there is nothing remotely like the Alliance League at the corresponding level in Poland - it is a learning curve.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

huncote no:2 wrote:
Magna Town 3 - 2 Huncote

[i]I have to agree with report...another close game between us, played in the right manner although the ref might disagree..i'll say no more on that...gutted tbh that we got nothing out of the game...good luck for the rest of the season..gonna be an interesting run in, in a very competitve DIv 3 Smile

As Chewy says gutted we didn't get something out of the game, was in a foul mood all day lol

Thanks to Ross, Katie & co for the as usual a great game and good banter. Agree with Ross it was a fair and competitive game only the ref seemed to disagree (I'll talk to Stewart rather than raise my views on here).

The end of the season is going to be very interesting at the top of three
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

browny15lfc wrote:
Kilworth 7-2 Hoskins.
Good game and both teams were missing a couple of players. (5 for us and not sure about them)
Rudkin, bench when you return!
Fisher 3, Brown, Harris, Tanser and Jed downing.
Was close until the last 20 and then they gave up a little, so the score (although deserved) is a little flattering.
I am just happy at a much Improved performance on last weeks'

Really didn't see this coming, to be honest based on the three losses to Hoskins this season i really couldn't see them losing at all. Messed up our chances on 2nd place now i think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:40 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
That's a ridiculous comment and not something we have ever been accused of before. What I do find is that there is a bit of a culture clash. The polish players tend to go down with a bit of a squeal, which to english lads and teams is a bit of a wind up but it doesn't mean that these lads haven't been fouled. People seem to think that if there is a bit of a shriek when a foul takes place then the players are trying to con the ref. But this doesn't mean they haven't been fouled in the first place. Having worked with many of these players for the last 2 years I can say hand on heart that not one of them dives or is anything other than genuine. The one in the first half when marek went to ground was a genuinely good tackle by your player which I applauded but believe me there is absolutely no intent by us to con anyone. That word 'cheat' has come out again which I referred to in my original post and it is used too freely in my opinion

It's not diving, it's classed as avoiding career-threatening tackles. Ask Gareth Bale!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

It's not diving, it's classed as avoiding career-threatening tackles. Ask Gareth Bale!! lol!

Haha top work
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Joey Barton wrote:

what about the screams whilst diving...isnt that a suggestion that youve been really physically hurt? i call that taking the ##ss.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:12 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

what about the screams whilst diving...isnt that a suggestion that youve been really physically hurt? i call that taking the ##ss.

It's called synchronised tourettes!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

Mad i'll use that excuse.
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
CSKA Carnabys Reserves 0- 11 Wigston Rangers.

Ouch, really struggled today with a bare 11 and were made to pay by a good wigston side who, without doing anything special moved the ball around well. Sorry we didn't give you guys more of a game.

Is 11 goals not special?? Razz Nah i understand what you mean we definitely didnt play to our best (lets all try and score game) and still got the solid result. Fair play to your boys tho they kept battling till the end despite the heavy scoreline you seem a good bunch of lads and hopefully you can finish the season on a high..........with your easy remaining games Shocked Shocked Shocked All the best pal
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Mad i'll use that excuse.

Thought you already did.... Razz
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
we are no way near champions with a performance like that . got spanked by a very good kilworth performance . the right up should off been more like north kilworth take controlin div4 with a comftable results against title chalengers ! yes if we win our games in hand we got top but have still to play . kilworth - superfly - oadby - nri x2 - all decent teams .
and if we wer at full stregnth and kilworth wer 5 mising i feel sorry for the return leg might well lose 12-2

No way mate its yours to lose now hoskins at full strength can compete with any team in the alliance, us at superfly were outclassed by u guys the other week, dont get me wrong we will be gunning for a win on the return leg lol.. But you got a top bunch of lads..tony, johnbo are class urself included mate

tony, johnbo , shane hamil , all played cm against u . agianst north kilworth these 3 wer missing
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 3:34 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
we are no way near champions with a performance like that . got spanked by a very good kilworth performance . the right up should off been more like north kilworth take controlin div4 with a comftable results against title chalengers ! yes if we win our games in hand we got top but have still to play . kilworth - superfly - oadby - nri x2 - all decent teams .
and if we wer at full stregnth and kilworth wer 5 mising i feel sorry for the return leg might well lose 12-2

No way mate its yours to lose now hoskins at full strength can compete with any team in the alliance, us at superfly were outclassed by u guys the other week, dont get me wrong we will be gunning for a win on the return leg lol.. But you got a top bunch of lads..tony, johnbo are class urself included mate

tony, johnbo , shane hamil , all played cm against u . agianst north kilworth these 3 wer missing

A big miss for u then mate there
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Capello wrote:

Hellboy its all about opinions, I know when we played polska last week i heard a few comments from our own team that were supposedly banter towards the polish contingent but somebody else could class it as abuse. I quite liked being shouted at in polish! Maybe they liked my hair or fancied a date? I think it adds to the game guessing what they are saying! Their lad that played right back was shouting polish words very loud after every pass, To me that was comical, To somebody else maybe abusive. Once again it proves the best thing about football is the way it divides opinion.
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

Giggsisgod wrote:
Saff 4 reem team 3 AET
Reem flew out the blocks first half went 2-0 up, Saff were well off it, then got a pen on the stroke of half time, second half Saff made a couple of changes and were on top and managed to go 3-2 up!! Reem equalised with 10 left.
ET , very tight all 22 players giving it 100% Saff got the winner at start of second half in extra time and held on with Saff keeper making 3 top saves to prevent penalties
Reem team good bunch of lads was a well played match from both sides good luck to reem team in the other final!!

Caught the Reem equaliser and extra time of this, after watching 3/4 of the niffy - dukla match (great game from the dukla boys) reem equaliser was on the break which saw the keeper left with no chance on a 2 v 1 play, keeper saved the 1st shot but the other striker had time to put the rebound away to take it to extra time, heard from the side line that saff keeper gifted reems 1st 2 in the 1st half and looked edgy but he defo made up for it in the 2nd half of extra time after saff took a 4 - 3 lead against the run of play Reem just launched attack after attack and on another day would av run out 8 - 4 winners but 3 mad saves, 1st off his head from 2yards, 2nd an excellent full length save from a wicked curling shot and the 3rd a 1 on 1 save at the strikers feet, reem also missed a few other glorious chances to wrap it up but kept blazing high or wide, saff showed that spirit can win games as over half of them were dead on their feet but managed to see it out! I imagine reems front 2 will be having nightmares with the amount of chances they wasted, good luck to both teams for the rest of the season, Reem for the Div 3 title and county cup and saff in the foster final v Magna town
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2012, 7:28 pm

Capello wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Capello wrote:

Hellboy its all about opinions, I know when we played polska last week i heard a few comments from our own team that were supposedly banter towards the polish contingent but somebody else could class it as abuse. I quite liked being shouted at in polish! Maybe they liked my hair or fancied a date? I think it adds to the game guessing what they are saying! Their lad that played right back was shouting polish words very loud after every pass, To me that was comical, To somebody else maybe abusive. Once again it proves the best thing about football is the way it divides opinion.

he kept calling you a czarodziejscy.
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:09 am

fc hoskins wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

Coleman, can I just point out that we rate your lot and I know you were players missing too. I know you bashed kev for his report but I don't think he was being disrespectful. You have been consistent but since we lost our 100% record, we have been hot and cold. So was pleasing to catch you on an off day
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 7:37 am

Some would say champions elect is a compliment to a club.

Everyone has been so testosteroney this week.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

Listen up pal...theres nowt wrong wi my testosterone levels, ya big baby, would you care to step outside......???????? tongue
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

Widds wrote:

sorry to offend anyone and sorry to kev. but i looked at it as a netural surely if north kilworth beat us 7-2 surely its them thats champ elect we have to beat north kilworth on reverse fix that fix could decide league unless both side have a massive dip in form.

kev praised us by saying champ elect after a 7-2 drubbing lol
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
polska 2 gutho 2

polska 2-0 up 60 minutes and gutho equalised in the 92nd minute to make it 2-2. although it's a disappointment we couldn't hang on for the win, once again the lads gave 110% and with a bare 11 on a heavy pitch and a last tiring 10 minutes we're still delighted with the point as not long ago they thrashed us 5-1 and at the end of the day are in 2nd in the division.

superbly reffed by Mark Connolly who was excellent, a gutho player accused me of being a cheating linesman but i flagged for a ball that I thought had gone out of play, why is it when we make what we think is the right decision the word 'cheat' gets brought into it? to be fair though Mark McG did apologise afterwards although that one didn't really bother me. Don't know who the moron was walking his dog but he went further and compared me to a female body part (apparently he was nothing to do with guthlaxton). quite enjoyed the abuse and glad it's not just restricted to Saturdays, but as for the second guy that abused me think his dog is more articulate than him Laughing

Foxes are very happy I'm told with our point and they win the title next week with a draw or win.

I don’t wish to drag this out, and I know 2 lads form Gutho have already had their say. But I thought I’d give my two pennies worth and hopefully that will be an ending off it.

The first thing to note, is I know that our players have a little bit of an existing gripe against you personally, it dates back to last season when you were appointed referee for the game between ourselves and you. Many of our players believe your performance that day favoured Polska to say the least, but in particular the main reason that sticks in mind was the award of a free kick in the last minute that resulted in a goal and subsequently us losing. I don’t claim that this ill feeling is right (I actually don’t think you should have been put in the situation were you were the appointed ref, but we all know sometimes no alternative is available) but I know sometimes stigma sticks. I think this history has had an effect on some of the events of Sundays game.

The second thing is, I think as someone has said, the decision of if the ball was in or out of play was not a critical decision, it certainly didn’t warrant the abuse directed at you as a result. Even if you were wrong. I thought the player who was the main protagonist was correctly booked. As for the lad on the side-lines walking his dog, he is not involved with Gutho, although he is friendly with a lot of players, and has played for us in the past (and indeed he last helped us out in the aforementioned game above). Again, he was correctly asked to move away.

As for the behaviour of the Polska players, I do think that towards the end of the game, some of them more elaborate “tactics” employed by them was not in the best interest of the game. There was one moment which both me and the watching Stew Walker couldn’t help but laugh at, when one of your lads went down without being touched, stayed down for about 10 seconds, realised he wasn’t going to get a free kick and then pursued the ball with nothing but malice in his face (with the sense of injustice) clearly with the intention of retribution. Luckily he missed the player on the end of the tackle, and this is when the referee felt the need to step in and have a word with him. I could list several other examples, but I think that would just result in a tic for tac in Polska listing Gutho’s alleged indiscipline.

I’m not going to lambast a team based on a few incidents, and it’s unfortunate that we’ve ended up discussing these things in such depths afterwards. I think we are all realistic to understand these things happen on the pitch. This game was spoiled, and in my view it was the combination of Polska feeling the hard earned result they craved (maybe deserved) slipping away from them (also bearing in mind the weeks previous weeks result against Foxes) and our frustration that we couldn’t get the resulted we needed.

Thirdly, I have known Mark for a couple of years now, I don’t ever believe he would intentionally “cheat”, I do believe that if something was 50/50 he would go in the favour of his team. But show me a linesman that wouldn’t. I also believe it is instinct for everybody to defend their own players, and be a bit blind sighted to things. But I think if you read his comments most weeks, he is fairly balanced.

Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

Bore off Scouse Razz
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
Widds wrote:

sorry to offend anyone and sorry to kev. but i looked at it as a netural surely if north kilworth beat us 7-2 surely its them thats champ elect we have to beat north kilworth on reverse fix that fix could decide league unless both side have a massive dip in form.

kev praised us by saying champ elect after a 7-2 drubbing lol

Thought you were on mind games mate, backing others and taking the pressure off your own team lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 4:42 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
polska 2 gutho 2

polska 2-0 up 60 minutes and gutho equalised in the 92nd minute to make it 2-2. although it's a disappointment we couldn't hang on for the win, once again the lads gave 110% and with a bare 11 on a heavy pitch and a last tiring 10 minutes we're still delighted with the point as not long ago they thrashed us 5-1 and at the end of the day are in 2nd in the division.

superbly reffed by Mark Connolly who was excellent, a gutho player accused me of being a cheating linesman but i flagged for a ball that I thought had gone out of play, why is it when we make what we think is the right decision the word 'cheat' gets brought into it? to be fair though Mark McG did apologise afterwards although that one didn't really bother me. Don't know who the moron was walking his dog but he went further and compared me to a female body part (apparently he was nothing to do with guthlaxton). quite enjoyed the abuse and glad it's not just restricted to Saturdays, but as for the second guy that abused me think his dog is more articulate than him Laughing

Foxes are very happy I'm told with our point and they win the title next week with a draw or win.

I don’t wish to drag this out, and I know 2 lads form Gutho have already had their say. But I thought I’d give my two pennies worth and hopefully that will be an ending off it.

The first thing to note, is I know that our players have a little bit of an existing gripe against you personally, it dates back to last season when you were appointed referee for the game between ourselves and you. Many of our players believe your performance that day favoured Polska to say the least, but in particular the main reason that sticks in mind was the award of a free kick in the last minute that resulted in a goal and subsequently us losing. I don’t claim that this ill feeling is right (I actually don’t think you should have been put in the situation were you were the appointed ref, but we all know sometimes no alternative is available) but I know sometimes stigma sticks. I think this history has had an effect on some of the events of Sundays game.

The second thing is, I think as someone has said, the decision of if the ball was in or out of play was not a critical decision, it certainly didn’t warrant the abuse directed at you as a result. Even if you were wrong. I thought the player who was the main protagonist was correctly booked. As for the lad on the side-lines walking his dog, he is not involved with Gutho, although he is friendly with a lot of players, and has played for us in the past (and indeed he last helped us out in the aforementioned game above). Again, he was correctly asked to move away.

As for the behaviour of the Polska players, I do think that towards the end of the game, some of them more elaborate “tactics” employed by them was not in the best interest of the game. There was one moment which both me and the watching Stew Walker couldn’t help but laugh at, when one of your lads went down without being touched, stayed down for about 10 seconds, realised he wasn’t going to get a free kick and then pursued the ball with nothing but malice in his face (with the sense of injustice) clearly with the intention of retribution. Luckily he missed the player on the end of the tackle, and this is when the referee felt the need to step in and have a word with him. I could list several other examples, but I think that would just result in a tic for tac in Polska listing Gutho’s alleged indiscipline.

I’m not going to lambast a team based on a few incidents, and it’s unfortunate that we’ve ended up discussing these things in such depths afterwards. I think we are all realistic to understand these things happen on the pitch. This game was spoiled, and in my view it was the combination of Polska feeling the hard earned result they craved (maybe deserved) slipping away from them (also bearing in mind the weeks previous weeks result against Foxes) and our frustration that we couldn’t get the resulted we needed.

Thirdly, I have known Mark for a couple of years now, I don’t ever believe he would intentionally “cheat”, I do believe that if something was 50/50 he would go in the favour of his team. But show me a linesman that wouldn’t. I also believe it is instinct for everybody to defend their own players, and be a bit blind sighted to things. But I think if you read his comments most weeks, he is fairly balanced.

Pretty fair Mark, agree with a lot of what you have put here. As you and I have had many conversations this season about footballing matters I feel that yours is an opinion always worth listening to and like you I try and give a balanced view. I accept that you and Stu Walker were much nearer that so called 'dive' than I was, but I maintain the Polish lads will not dive to try and obtain advantage or con a ref.

I must point out that when I reffed the game last season between us, the 'free kick' I remember very well - your guy was penalised for handball - his hands were well, well, above waist height when the ball came towards him and it was 110% a free kick. You are right that we scored from it, but the game ended 2-2 and it was in the 57th minute as opposed to the 90th and nobody lost the game. I was not aware that there was any undercurrent from that game, especially as we have played each other twice since then pretty much without incident. But I do recall booking one of your lads that day for mouthing off and I remember the game because it was one of the few times an 'opponent' team clearly had a problem with me for me not being a neutral! Thankfully, the majority of games this season have had neutral refs which is much better all round. Fleckney crucified me at the end of last season - and I do not believe for one minute they would have given a neutral ref the same stick (our final goal they shouted for offside but their linesman never flagged, despite me staring at him for what must have been 20 seconds to see if he was going to raise his flag).

I am always mystified by players or spectators that strongly abuse a club linesman - as I pointed out in the original post, if they don't agree with a decision, or think it is wrong, it is too easy to use the word 'cheat' (and more besides). As I said, the fact I refused to flag one of your lads offside near the end despite my lot shouting at me that he was (he wasn't) I hope illustrates that. I just think there are too many folk these days with far too much anger going on - the lad with the dog was completely out of order but rather than be intimidated by him he actually made me laugh. When I said I was a level 7 (hopefully soon 6!) ref and don't cheat, he said: 'then you're a level 7 c**t!' which was a great comeback I thought. As my Dad Robin was abused earlier this season against another team (and he really is the straightest bloke in the game) and I was threatened when reffing on a Saturday by a player who said he would 'knock me out if I sent him off for a 2nd yellow' I and the Polska players will continue to play the game with integrity and the right way.

Anyway, you have had a good season, and as you say the last game shouldn't be overshadowed by other incidents. Well done for a good season and all the best for your plans next season!

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 5:14 pm

And group hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 18 March
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next