HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Alliance League at saturation?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

there may also be case where players cannot be arsed with Sundays rather than ending up somewhere else
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

This is quite an interesting topic,

had a quick look at the league announcements from September onwards, and of the teams listed as resigning , 1 was a new team (Aylestone Lounge), the other 6/7 were existing teams.... (as it stands as the minute)

that to me doesn't make the just new teams an issue,

some teams try their best to continue, scrapping to get a side out even in the first few weeks of the season, when in hindsight it would have far better for them to fold before the season started, so as not to affect the league results?

Edit : I think 6 teams in total - 1 new team.

Last edited by dikenio on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

exactly the point. its just as likely to be established clubs as it is new ones.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

So do existing teams go through a similar process to new ones? and should they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

Goes back to teams having to have 12 minimum players signed on by the summer dealine,

if a club is struggling in the summer to get players , out of those 12 players signed, are all 12 commited lads that will turn up regardless, or are half of them just names on a form to make the 12 and avoid a fine?

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

no and possibly yes I'd say, although the trouble is they have completed a few seasons there will be little reason to suspect they may not manage. would be interesting to know from a few of the established teams that folded this season why they did so. St Pats folded early on and I remember saying to Jim Hubbard that it was amazing that with their set up, they could not get 14 lads to play football on a Sunday.

sometimes no one wants to run the side either. and then there is money. if the fines stack up, i've heard stories of managers paying £100 of their own money to keep things going, and theres only so many times any sane person will do that (which then comes back to the question - what are clubs doing perservering with players who don't pay their way? is it because these players are so good they don't want to risk upsetting them?) a good football phrase is no one person is bigger than a club...
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

It's difficult for existing clubs as we have to decide in Feb time if we're carrying on next season, but then don't ask players for commitment til July when 12 players have to be signed on. This is why some teams fold before playing- players say yes in feb, but 6 months later change their minds for various reasons.

If you do manage to get a team in to start the season, it's diffuicult if players stop turning up. Being Wigston based with so many teams in our area, if we lost 4 players say (and this year have been massively affected by injury), where do we get other players from? We've struggled to get 11 plus some times but if players go out through injury, what other choices are there? It's not always a case of commitment when teams fold and it doesn't matter how well run some clubs are, sometimes they can't help it.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
no and possibly yes I'd say, although the trouble is they have completed a few seasons there will be little reason to suspect they may not manage. would be interesting to know from a few of the established teams that folded this season why they did so. St Pats folded early on and I remember saying to Jim Hubbard that it was amazing that with their set up, they could not get 14 lads to play football on a Sunday.

sometimes no one wants to run the side either. and then there is money. if the fines stack up, i've heard stories of managers paying £100 of their own money to keep things going, and theres only so many times any sane person will do that (which then comes back to the question - what are clubs doing perservering with players who don't pay their way? is it because these players are so good they don't want to risk upsetting them?) a good football phrase is no one person is bigger than a club...
I had one of my players suspended by County FA for not paying us.......he paid his debt then resigned the next season and hasn't been in debt since Very Happy I've never put any of my own money into Magna and I request the manager to not play players who are more than three weeks behind with subs. I'm tough, but I'm not going to financially support the club. I genuinely think you have to be hard on your players to keep going!

Why don't the league question clubs who fold and then have like an FAQ type thing as to why they've folded and how to prevent that happening in the future for other clubs. We all should learn from other teams who fold.....

Last edited by MT Sec on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

very true and a good method which has obviously reaped its own rewards for you.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

The thing with having only 12 players signed on is that....it takes two players for you to not have enough to field a side....i think if this happens two or three weeks in a row (i.e. turning up with 10 or 11) players get unsettled as its no fun for anyone...which is what i expect happened at Aylestone....perhaps a minimum of 14 should be introduced....i dont know any club (correct me if i am wrong) that wouldnt have a miminum of 14 in their squad to start off a season!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

The reason it works us being strict with subs etc is becasue we try our hardest to keep subs at a minimum (£3 if u start, £1 if you come on) when players are paying £5+ it becomes an expensive game to repeatedly lose every week or have a team turn up with 9,10 players
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 2:07 pm

Another thing that I think that may have an effect is that new teams tend to get put in a division that they can win, rather than one in which they can simply "hold their own".

A good example of this is West End Utd folding last season from division 4, then re-forming under a new name and being put in to division 5. This is just one example, I'm not picking on WEU/GHW.

There are lots of low/mid-table clubs who, if they folded, would probably be put in to a lower division if they reformed.

That's a good motivation for joining a new team, rather than sticking with your existing mid-table one.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Sparta for president.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

Just a thought for Mark and Pete (2 people I have a lot of respect for so please don't take this in anyway as an attack as that is not the manner it is intended) but if the commitee take the stance that -t is simply the fault of the club and I'm essence "its not our fault" and therefore not. Our problem then in essence that would be the league accepting the drop out level this year as acceptable moving forward... I would thinl it quite a shame if it was the xase whereby multiple league disruptions down to this problem is deemed acceptable and if the league don't do something then how else can it be expected to improve?
Again just a thought and no offence in anyway intended.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

I like what you are saying, its definitely spoiling things for people who might want to take it a bit more serious, and are very committed, i think there should be some way of resolving the problem, theres a lot more peolpe coming on here and agreeing that it is spoiling things, surely theres a sensible and fair way of settling it once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:38 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
Just a thought for Mark and Pete (2 people I have a lot of respect for so please don't take this in anyway as an attack as that is not the manner it is intended) but if the commitee take the stance that -t is simply the fault of the club and I'm essence "its not our fault" and therefore not. Our problem then in essence that would be the league accepting the drop out level this year as acceptable moving forward... I would thinl it quite a shame if it was the xase whereby multiple league disruptions down to this problem is deemed acceptable and if the league don't do something then how else can it be expected to improve?

Don't worry we don't take offence easy lol

And equally don't think as a committee we dont discuss this A LOT but there is no easy answer or a magic wand the league can wave to solve the problem. My point early up the page was that the league can do something but it would need to be radical and to the cost of the honest, hard working and reliable clubs.

This is what makes the committee's role both interesting and difficult. We have to make decisions for the best of the league and its member clubs. Just to put this in.context we started the season with almost 80 clubs and have lost less than 10%

A simple question if you consider the above....should the 90% find it nore difficult to sign on players and run their clubs because of the other 10%?????

Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:55 pm

Transfer window?? Mirror the professional system so that you cannot lose players you sign on until the winter, and at least then you get a chance to replace them. Also, the one problem that i think is a big one is cross league signing on...you shouldnt be able to sign on for teams in different leagues, but this needs to be county fa driven.
Last weekend i played for a leicester sunday league team and one player played for the oppo, and i recognised him from a team that is struggling/folding in the Alliance, i asked him about the folding of his alliance club, and he said 'yeah, thats why i signed for (insert name of LSL team here)'. And i am sure that the LSL has the same problem the other way...

Also probably need a 'registration card' program so people cannot register under false names (would also stop ringers being played and maybe cut down violence). The amount of money that goes to County FA from sunday league footie would comfortably pay for this initiative
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:

no offence taken, just a good debate!

in an ideal world both the committee and all clubs would love to see no teams fold and everyone be happy. but it isn't so we have to deal with the fall out, and believe me we don't like clubs folding either (pity the poor press officers who have to readjust all the tables and goalscorers if someone drops out!)

but as Pete has pointed out (and I think I did yesterday) our ratio of teams dropping out to number of clubs accepted is not high - it may seem higher this season than last but that is because we have more clubs this year.

i don't think the league are relaxed about it at all - we would love to solve this problem easily, but i still think there is nothing much more we can do. if a club makes all the right noises at interview stage and pay their affiliation like everyone else then you'd be hard pushed to think there would be a problem later on in the year.

the one thing I do have a personal opinion on (and it is just my view) is that some of the fines around are too harsh. fines for not providing a linesman or incomplete team I would question if it was up to me (but keep the fines for not providing a press report because for that there is no excuse! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:59 am

I agree with you on the fines for incomplete team or lack of linesman are harsh as it's punishing a team already struggling, personally i don't think the danger is always of new sides as mentioned above, i think the league could take note of team struggling towards the end of a season, move the fine for not competeing the following season until a little later in the year too, some of the established teams that fold their situation is apparent towards the end of the previous season but if they miss the deadline they may try and continue despite this, a couple of the sides that have gone this season were not in the best position towards the end of last season? perhaps some transparency of club funds and almost like a business plan towards the next season should be submitted even for established teams, only thing then is the increased costs to the league and how will that cascade to the clubs? It's always going to be a catch 2 situation, the more leanient you are the more some teams will take advantage.

(i may be repeating myself a bit, had a few drinks lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:39 am

I totally agree about the cross league signing....not sure what benefits the FA see from allowing you to sign for an Alliance Team then an LSL team...would be in favour of this been removed!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

Widds wrote:
Transfer window?? Mirror the professional system so that you cannot lose players you sign on until the winter, and at least then you get a chance to replace them. Also, the one problem that i think is a big one is cross league signing on...you shouldnt be able to sign on for teams in different leagues, but this needs to be county fa driven.
Last weekend i played for a leicester sunday league team and one player played for the oppo, and i recognised him from a team that is struggling/folding in the Alliance, i asked him about the folding of his alliance club, and he said 'yeah, thats why i signed for (insert name of LSL team here)'. And i am sure that the LSL has the same problem the other way...

Also probably need a 'registration card' program so people cannot register under false names (would also stop ringers being played and maybe cut down violence). The amount of money that goes to County FA from sunday league footie would comfortably pay for this initiative

Hadn't heard the registration card idea before. It can't be too difficult to allocate a reference number to every registered player. You keep the same number for life, take it with you to each new team. It would be pretty simple to create an online registration process (for the numbers) to cut out any admin and make it the responsibility of the club to make sure it is done.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

Polska legend II wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:

no offence taken, just a good debate!

in an ideal world both the committee and all clubs would love to see no teams fold and everyone be happy. but it isn't so we have to deal with the fall out, and believe me we don't like clubs folding either (pity the poor press officers who have to readjust all the tables and goalscorers if someone drops out!)

but as Pete has pointed out (and I think I did yesterday) our ratio of teams dropping out to number of clubs accepted is not high - it may seem higher this season than last but that is because we have more clubs this year.
i don't think the league are relaxed about it at all - we would love to solve this problem easily, but i still think there is nothing much more we can do. if a club makes all the right noises at interview stage and pay their affiliation like everyone else then you'd be hard pushed to think there would be a problem later on in the year.

the one thing I do have a personal opinion on (and it is just my view) is that some of the fines around are too harsh. fines for not providing a linesman or incomplete team I would question if it was up to me (but keep the fines for not providing a press report because for that there is no excuse! Laughing )

The highlighted point you make is exactly my concern Mark - It's because we have so many teams and my question is have we now got too many teams that this is now likely to become common place simply by the law of averages!
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

A league official could possibly give better info on the exact stats, but if you look on league announcements, there was 8 resignations listed last season, 6 so far this season..

you could say its less common this season.

Last edited by dikenio on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:19 am

once again, the league cannot prevent resignations - it is frustrating when they happen but responsibility lies with the clubs. the league can help and advise but there is only so much we can do. how about the number of new teams that have survived their first season?
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

Indeed I agree, I cant imagine many of the teams fold lightly, I think back to fight the Bulls Head put up to keep going, but there surely IS something that can be done if we knowingly take on that many teams whereby we expect a good number to fold this causing disruption?
As I say, failure to react in any manner surely paints the picture that we then accept it as acceptable and it cant be acceptable that numerous leagues are disrupted going forward each year surely.

I know the numbers are daft but I use this as an example:
If there are 1800 footballers available and interested in playing Sunday league football then 100 teams will survive, If 150 teams are then accepted, then number of players available does not increase and yes everybody could still provide 12 plsyers a piece but we all know that would never work.

It's a catch 22 I'll grant you between giving everybody the opportunity to play but as a league surelly we want it to be well ran and organised (which in the most part it is first rate) but as a prerequisite you shouldn't be wondering which teams will see the season out!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

we take on teams based on trust and we don't really expect or want any of them to fold, no club would be accepted if we thought they would perish. there is a theme to some of these arguments that we accept them because we want to flex our muscle and be the big boys but that is totally untrue.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

Then surely there is an argument to cut down to 6 or so divisions whereby teams would have more players as a direct result... Players coming into the league would then sign for existing clubs thus keeping them going. As Paulo mentioned, players leave bit by bit for different reasons be it work, university, retirement etc... Everything comes back to the fact that the pool of players does not proportionally to more teams entering.
We're in our own little bubble over here in the webbed world of Market Haborough, but even we saw 3 local sides fold last year, funnily enough we also saw one form.... Coincidental?????
This in turn mirrors Hellboys frustration that we pretty much turn the league to a buyers market where players can just chop and change to levels they want to play and win at as there is so much option.
The teams are to blame yes and in some cases its their fault, with some it can be a little outside their control but if the league can help to support the teams that have in turn supported them in the past then I would think that would be a good thing. By regulating quite how many teams are involved to my thinking you solve 2 problems in 1.
Dont get me wrong it will not be perfect but as you say above, WE DON'T WANT OR EXPECT TEAMS TO FOLD, well then we should at least try to do something about. Even if it doesn't solve EVERY problem it could at least help
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

but what do you do if you have 20 clubs knocking on your door wanting to join, all give the reasonable answers at the interview, and all have the minimum requirement of signed on players by the early summer deadline (and of course have all paid their affiliation fees). the league can't deny these clubs membership, and in the case of this season the large majority of new clubs have indeed fulfilled their fixtures and requirements. i don't agree that the size of the league is the root cause for clubs folding.

the pattern in some cases tends to be the following:

1. team join league with high expectations (we're going to win this division etc. etc.)
2. team lose a few games early on or suffer a heavy defeat
3. some 'better' players (or those that think they are better than they are) begin not to show up or leave OR come back a few weeks later when they can be bothered and are then picked and go straight back into a side because they are good and some managers will not leave them out
4. the poorer player who is dropped in favour of this supertar then decides (quite rightly) that it is not fair so he leaves
5. Superstar player also fails to turn up the next game so club has already lost 2 players
6. Superstar (possibly but certainly not in all cases) never pays his subs and suddenly the club or manager are feeling the pinch after 3 successive home games and have to find the cash themselves
7. club get into debt and vicious circle and end up folding because cannot fulfil fixtures / manager has spent a fortune covering all fines etc. / doing all the work with little reward

I maintain it is player related and some clubs should be cleverer about how they run things. we hear plenty on here about how Sunday is 'playing with your mates and having a laugh' but then why do many clubs (and Sunday morning footie in general) suddenly become a lot more serious over the years? we have senior league players not being named for fear of what their saturdays sides will think and other examples of people taking it WAY to seriously. or is this another example of grass roots football being tainted by Sky and 20 years of the Premiership? A generation has grown up watching domestic football where a team must win at all costs, including berating referees and match officials and players having all the power.

phew, I need a lie down

Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

For the first time this season i have seen a player switch clubs twice in a transfer window!

Louis Finney-Neckles from Saffron Lounge Bar to Advance Couriers on 27th October
Louis Finney-Neckles from Advance Couriers to Premier Sports Travel on 31st January
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

A friend of ours was recently talking about setting up a new team and asked me and Ross for some advice. We 'jotted down' a few things they would need to know, actions that have to be carried out pre season, things to do week in week out and rough start up costs. our quick 'jotting this down' for them soon turned out to be three pages long. Now they're starting to think seriously about whether starting up and running a team is the right thing for them. Would some teams be discouraged if they knew the full extent of work that goes in?

Why don't the league produce something similar for new teams- a check list if you like of things to consider/implement. They get sent that before interview and then the aspects of running a club are discussed more in depth at interview. No disrespect to the league, but starting up and running a club is a lot harder than the impression expressed at interview. Happy to share this document with the league if they want to think about it seriously. Having players is key to having a club yes, but every single team will tell you you need someone to run it too for it to work.

We have been in two semi finals this year and when we told our players the amount of work; phone calls and money that have to go into just one of these fixtures, they were stunned. I think they have a little bit more respect for us now and can appreciate why I'm a nagging nuisance when they turn up to a fixture. I get the money before they play football. A rule imposed when we started the club and a rule still followed through to this day.

Just think new clubs need a bit more of a heads up, and this should definitely be discussed far earlier than the handbook meeting a week before fixtures start.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

The other problem with putting a stop on the number of clubs you accept is that other leagues that have fewer team members would then take them on board...so you would still have the same problem of their not being enough players 'to go round'.

Perhaps players could have a restriction on the number of clubs they play for in a season across the county? You can only play for two clubs across the board? At the moment, there is nothing in place to stop a player being registered with four different clubs in different leagues, and transferring 2, 3 or more times in the season, so in theory a player could have 8 teams in a season, or more...

But again, this is something that County FA would have to do, the Alliance League can only act within the rules and evaluate to the best of their ability to bring teams in that will see out the season.

We were recently sent an email asking for opinions on what issues could be raised with County FA at a meeting which an Alliance Representative raised concerns...this could have been a great issue for them to discuss?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

from memory there is a booklet with many hints and requirements in it
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

RE: ID cards- County FA only have the details for players who come to their attention, i.e. get booked.

Some other NGBs insist that all players are affiliated to the NGB and then league personnel have access to this database for thier league. (Affiliations/signing on is still completed through the club and forwarded to the league who then add them to the database managed/hosted by the NGB). This way everyone has a unique affiliation number/ID and the system highlights first and second claims. Some NGBs do issue ID cards either on registration or at the start of each season showing their ID but I'm aware that policing this is very difficult.

Finally found something where football are not leading the way!!
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

People have said before that using ID cards would eliminate the process of being able to sign the morning of the game,

But most lads have a driving licence or some kind of ID to prove who they are, that could be used as proof to gain a counter signiture , then they could still be registered?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

dikenio wrote:
People have said before that using ID cards would eliminate the process of being able to sign the morning of the game,

But most lads have a driving licence or some kind of ID to prove who they are, that could be used as proof to gain a counter signiture , then they could still be registered?
What about the ones who don't have photographic ID? Mostly 16-18 year olds, but as the league is open to all above 16 years, they have to be considered too

I'm not sure ID cards are the answer- it's been known for footballers to turn up without shorts; socks and sometimes boots, never mind remembering an ID card. Then what if they say they lost their wallet the night before? Then if the referee is late turning up to the game- adds time having to check ID cards (and that's if it was the ref's responsibility to check).
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

MT Sec wrote:
dikenio wrote:

What about the ones who don't have photographic ID? Mostly 16-18 year olds, but as the league is open to all above 16 years, they have to be considered too

I'm not sure ID cards are the answer- it's been known for footballers to turn up without shorts; socks and sometimes boots, never mind remembering an ID card. Then what if they say they lost their wallet the night before? Then if the referee is late turning up to the game- adds time having to check ID cards (and that's if it was the ref's responsibility to check).

for what its worth, I dont think ID cards would work for the exact reason you've suggested, too many would forget, too much hassle - but ID when registering would be sensible, seeing as a player can call themselves whatever they like and nothing is said about it!

I was simply stating that It would be very rare for someone not to have any kind of Identification , that would stop the process of signing on the day,

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

dikenio wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
dikenio wrote:

for what its worth, I dont think ID cards would work for the exact reason you've suggested, too many would forget, too much hassle - but ID when registering would be sensible, seeing as a player can call themselves whatever they like and nothing is said about it!

I was simply stating that It would be very rare for someone not to have any kind of Identification , that would stop the process of signing on the day,

A worrying thought, so you could have jack the ripper playing on your team and no one would know, its a shame cuz theres some very honest and truthful teams out there, who simply wouldnt do it, and the cheats can come along claim somebody they are not, and perhaps get these teams up in to the finals and win things, its just so wrong on every level. It couldnt happen in other organisations, as it would basically amount to fraud.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Didnt we used to have to supply a photo etc wehn we were younger and they were kept in a A4 booklet....with name, dob etc?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:12 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
from memory there is a booklet with many hints and requirements in it

Mark I would be interested to see the comparison between the booklet and our document
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Didnt we used to have to supply a photo etc wehn we were younger and they were kept in a A4 booklet....with name, dob etc?

Yeah, it was rare a team actually asked to see it unless a player was 2 feet taller than the rest of the team, Very Happy

from memory we had to send a photocopy of our birth certificate, along with a passport photo to be registered.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance League at saturation?   Alliance League at saturation? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance League at saturation?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next