HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 26 February

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:12 pm

S&G Gaffer wrote:
To be fair Duane I thought you did hang in there, however all I've heard is you were missing players or so & so was injured! That's hardly giving your opponent credit is it? We were also missing players today that's why I had to come on but that's what you expect from Sunday football is it not?

missing players but 90mins it was 1-1 , i honestly thiink throops are making excusses . congrats star i will be there supporting u guys like last year vs melton all the best
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

White Eagles 5-4 Hat and Beaver.

Milan Knezevic
Zoran Kovacevic
Zoran Micic
Michael Rice (2)

Wow, what a game, I seem to say that about most of our games lol but this was crazy/special/mad, you name it.

After about 20 seconds, our centre midfielder hits the post, 20 seconds later the ball comes back to one of our wingers whos played every game this season but has never looked like scoring and belts one top corner from 25 yards (Big shock!).

Beaver then get back on level terms with a shot from the edge of the box before a passing move was ended (somehow?!) by one of our centre backs ending up in the box to bullet header the ball into the back of the net - for his first goal of the season! (Shock!)

We then come out after half-time, 2-1 up, dominating the game for large periods but a defensive error allows Beaver a goal. Then a fantastic run by another one of our wingers lays the ball on a plate for our top scorer to bury home his 13th of the season from close range - despite a couple of Beaver players insisting the ball had gone out on the touchline (which neither the linesman, ref and right-back had even noticed/appealed for... but they start having a go at our linesman after...)

This set up for a fiery game and after some scrappy play, the Beavers equalised again to make it 3-3. A penalty was then given to Beaver - one which could have gone either way as our centre-back definitely got the ball but still got the man... this was scored to make it 4-3 to the Beaver.

A two-footed tackle from an angry Beaver led to a red card and from the resulting free-kick, our other centre-back Michael Rice - who also hasn't scored all season drifts in at the back post to send a bullet header into the top corner with 5 to go.

And then, another free kick led to Ricey expertly tapping in with the last touch of the game to send the White Eagles fans and players into wild celebrations!

We showed great spirit today and worked hard all across the pitch. Hat and Beaver had 5/6 chances all match and finished 4 of them well, we had some glorious opportunities but our finishing let us down and on another day it would have been a much more routine victory for us.

But onwards and upwards for the Eagles!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

S&G Gaffer wrote:
Well let's hope so Hellboy! I hope you will be there in your S & G scarf.

The only time you'll see me wearing one of them, will be when i'm facing a sumo wrestler, and i'll be wearing it as a mawashi.
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

As long as your wearing it that's fine with me
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:
To be fair Duane I thought you did hang in there, however all I've heard is you were missing players or so & so was injured! That's hardly giving your opponent credit is it? We were also missing players today that's why I had to come on but that's what you expect from Sunday football is it not?

missing players but 90mins it was 1-1 , i honestly thiink throops are making excusses . congrats star i will be there supporting u guys like last year vs melton all the best

Not making excuses at all, we both obviously had players missing but we havent got the strength in depth that Star have which is partly why they can keep winning and why we folded in extra time...not that your opinion counts for much.

All I'm saying Luke is a few of our players know each other and there was no bad banter/feeleing at the end fo the game as you guys had won fair and square so it wouldnt have hurt for you to at least say 'well played Throops for the 90 mins' that would have earnt you more credit/support from the likes of Helly, rather than just congratulating your own players,..cracking free kick by the way mate,.killed the game that did.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
billy walton huncote and star already in semis.
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

i can predict the draw for semis
hoskins or saff vs star garter
advance or pheonix vs huncote
hoskins or saff vs advance
huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for
star garter vs advance or pheonix

hahaha what everyones thoughts i wanna see the draw live can we sectarys come to a meeting to see draw???

looking forward to our game mate, should be a good game!!!

is fitzy still playing for you ?
Back to top Go down
saffplayer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for

hahaha what everyones thoughts i wanna see the draw live can we sectarys come to a meeting to see draw???

You probably just made the draw for them lol good shout!
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

It makes no odds to me what people think as we will always get the pothunters jibes, however you were saying about giving you credit, i shook every one of your players hand and said well done, i apoligise for not giving you credit on here.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

S&G Gaffer wrote:
It makes no odds to me what people think as we will always get the pothunters jibes, however you were saying about giving you credit, i shook every one of your players hand and said well done, i apoligise for not giving you credit on here.
Next time you will know to big them up big time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

The Wheel 0-3 A.F.C Royal Oak

A fairly run of the mill comfortable win for the Oak. We went ahead within the first 20 minutes through a good finish from Daz Jones as he beat the offside trap and slotted past the keeper. We continued to dominate the first half and was only a matter of time till we got the 2nd. Paul Cox swung in a peach of a ball and left Shaun Doyle with the easiest of finishes to make it 2-0 and kill the game off.
Second half we managed to create and create and the scoreline could of been alot wider but the 3rd goal came through Daz Jones hitting a sweet shot from 20 yards out.
Can only remember The Wheel having two situations where they looked dangerous and was quite surprised as they didnt seem the team they were earlier in the season.

But all in all a very comfortable and deserved win for us. Look forward to our return with the Wheel and good luck for your upcoming games
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:22 pm

S&G Gaffer wrote:

Yes you did mate, all the players did,...we go back a long way just thought it would have been curteous (probably spelt wrong)..good luck in the final mate.
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

Cheers, never been the courteous type mate, you know me bye now. See you at our place,
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:37 pm

dezza wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for

yes tony is with ressis tho they have finally got a settled team who turns up week in week out . and i belive as our ressis are out billy walton they can step up to play for 1st in billywalton so aprt from robbie jonson every player for hoskins is allegible
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
dezza wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for

yes tony is with ressis tho they have finally got a settled team who turns up week in week out . and i belive as our ressis are out billy walton they can step up to play for 1st in billywalton so aprt from robbie jonson every player for hoskins is allegible

does he get to make many games ?

would be good if he played against us, havent heard that squeaky voice of his for a while haha its bad enough when hes on your side never mind against you
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

The only time you'll see me wearing one of them, will be when i'm facing a sumo wrestler, and i'll be wearing it as a mawashi.

Good word always wondered what they were called
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 10:45 pm

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
a quiet word with the referee to alert him of your concerns during the game would be the best route on the day. calling him a cheat or worse wouldn't be the cleverest thing in the world.

Thought i would move to banter Mark!!

I agree, you need to speak before, although our ressies didnt know that there were suggestions in the past from many teams of bad and incorrect decisions on a more frequent basis by this lino than is the norm. We had a word last year, not shouting, just a 'come on ref, you could see thats not offside' but what can you do....we need people to volunteer to run the line, rubbish job, so i guess you just lump it...

Maybe he is just that bad at it.....(although comments from him to others would suggest its not a lack of ability with the flag, more a lack of a latch on the underarm spring!!)

A couple of our defenders were convinced wigston's 2nd goal 2day was offside, but I was certain the ball had been played 2 him from a polska player and not a team mate so I refused 2 raise the flag, much as it pained me. Its a thankless task but it has 2 be done straight
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:27 am

Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:
Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.

I'm sure it most definitely will.

Oh it will,..though next season they will be competing in the standard they should be competing at, so may be a little more difficult for them than this.,

Little disappointed in the fact that they havent acknowledged the game we gave them for 90 even though we collapsed in e/t.....thought Luka was better than that ?..we have always acknolwedged our rivals efforts in games in season's past, win lose or draw,..but hey ho,...each to their own.

Unfortunately Duane, not everyone appreciates class. Well played though to take S&G to extra time must have been a great effort from your lads.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 8:10 am

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Enjoyed it today although the limbs are already aching, don't think there's many more games left in me now. Just steamroll the other teams and hopefully we can go on another winning streak and finish behind you

Still early yet mate, although it was a massive win for us you never know, we just need to keep winning but we still have kajima and lda yet to play! And 2 games in hand we HAVE to win should be an interesting end to the season but all the best
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 8:56 am

Fosse City 1 - 3 Magna Town

Needed a response from our lads after last weeks disaster in the County Cup and pleased to say we got one. We scored early on from a corner which is what we needed to settle down. Very competitive and even first 25 minutes, Fosse then showed their quality going forward and dominated till the break. They deservedly got the goal back and perhaps deserved to nick another one! We were happy to hear the half time whistle

Second period was very even, neither keeper having to make any real saves of note. We got infront with a low drive from Hogan. Fosse pushed forward, introducing Dougie Wade, which aint the best sight after 75 mins of running! We broke clear and rounded the keeper to seal the victory. Looking forward to the Semi final now...wide open after Foxes and Fosse knocked out

Thanks to the Fosse lads, always a good competitive game with them, and good banter as always. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

Well done to MDH for beating us yesterday. We did not deserve the win after sitting back and inviting pressure on ourselves whilst we were 4-2up. Unfortunately for us MDH threw as many forward as they could in the last ten minutes and overcome us 5-4. Well done and good luck in the next roeund to MDH Good set of lads. Also well officiated by John Farrel along with the linesmans paul homes and carl shaw.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

S&G Gaffer wrote:
Cheers, never been the courteous type mate, you know me bye now. See you at our place,

That comment just about sums up S&G.........far too up their owns asses and far too busy swanking and showboating.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:
Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.

Oh it will,..though next season they will be competing in the standard they should be competing at, so may be a little more difficult for them than this.,

Some of them have already tried that in the prem, but they couldn't hack it, when they come up against players of their own ability, it wasn't so easy to win trophies, they move down to lower divisions where they can showboat more, and wipe the floor with the opposition, to make themselves look good, i'm even a bit bored of saying it myself now, but someone needs to remind them of the truth.....the truth...tell me the truth..
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

Unfortunately Duane, not everyone appreciates class. Well played though to take S&G to extra time must have been a great effort from your lads.

It depends what division the class players are in.
Back to top Go down
mmm_boogie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

Some of them have already tried that in the prem, but they couldn't hack it, when they come up against players of their own ability, it wasn't so easy to win trophies, they move down to lower divisions where they can showboat more, and wipe the floor with the opposition, to make themselves look good, i'm even a bit bored of saying it myself now, but someone needs to remind them of the truth.....the truth...tell me the truth..

Id love to know which players have dropped down from the prem? Name some? Infact, nearly all the lads are now playing in the highest alliance division they have played in. And by no means did we wipe the floor with the opposition in the semi's yesterday. Throops have some class players, and had us sweating for a long period before it went 3-1. Im not surprised your bored hellboy, u can repeat yourself. Stop hating on people winning things, you do realise someone has to win every division, and dont worry, we will be in the prem next year. Lets see how loud you are then. Clown.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:31 pm

Clown????who me????....how very rude....theres quite a few of the old advance players, EDL players which are getting paid to play because they're so good, maisto8, cooper, linnet, mee, hawker, and you are one of those that swap and change teams, leaving teams like trinderbox struggling. Hope this jogs your memory, you need to check out your team mates a bit more, my little pothunting friend.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

I'm sure no players want to be associated with the EDL Hellboy...
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

Capello wrote:
Well done to MDH for beating us yesterday. We did not deserve the win after sitting back and inviting pressure on ourselves whilst we were 4-2up. Unfortunately for us MDH threw as many forward as they could in the last ten minutes and overcome us 5-4. Well done and good luck in the next roeund to MDH Good set of lads. Also well officiated by John Farrel along with the linesmans paul homes and carl shaw.

Appreciate that and absolutely spot on, one more goal would have killed us off! Officiating in the main was very good and I'm struggling to remember a real "dodgy tackle" and/or a massive referee berating in the entire game and John Farrel did ask me to point out his fantstic advantage that led to one of our goals.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I'm sure no players want to be associated with the EDL Hellboy...

if you can be bothered to look ......you'll find em somewhere.....

http://football.mitoo.co.uk/Counties.cfm?County=Leics
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

Good word always wondered what they were called

good post by the way...made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

i am honoured
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

That comment just about sums up S&G.........far too up their owns asses and far too busy swanking and showboating.

I'm sure the above comment states 'me' and not 'us' or 'we'. S&G have a number of different types of personalities amongst the team all of which make up a team that I truly enjoy playing in and I'm sure other teams also have the players who believe they are 'superior' in their team that are as you say, 'up their owns asses' (I'm sure you meant 'Up their own arses'). Don't tarnish the team with this attitude as the majority are good, honest and modest lads.

I'm sure IF, we do get into the Prem we will not win as often as we currently do and I am looking forward to testing ourselves against 'better' opposition. However, having played in the Prem and Division 1 I don't think the standard outside the top 3 in the Prem and the lower teams in Division 1 is that great. I'd back Throops, Dunton, Frolesworth and Hoskins all to hold their own in that league.

In addition, irrespective of what league players compete in on a Saturday, I myself see Sunday football as a chance to play with your mates, have a laugh with the opposition and if possible the ref, without taking things too seriously, as I'm sure the majority of other teams do. Therefore, I don't see the issue with players dropping down to lower leagues and playing with their mates. It is the responsibility of the league to allocate a team to a divison. So maybe Sir Hellboy, you should direct your consistent anger towards the league as opposed to successful teams?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

That same old comment about following your mates down into the lower divisions, has all been boringly said, time and time again, that is what i'm trying to say,you are not bothered about the team you are currently signed up for. so if your mates leave, you leave fact...this is why teams desolve and fold. where is your loyalty to the managers and all the other hard working people behind the scenes, paying your subs in when you say you have no money..etc etc....it takes a lot of hard work to run a team, but you just bugger off just cuz one of your mates leave, this is the point im trying to get over, its easy for you to just walk away and carry on in another team, dont you have any regard for loyalty to the teams that you sign for?....

I think there are a lot of brilliant footballers out there, and some currently at S&G, it just goes over my head that you abandon teams year in and year out, i dont really understand what you actually get out of it, when everybody sees you as pothunters, and i'm not the only one, i just like to see loyalty and dedication.

ps.......someones got my name right at last.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 3:46 pm

Well having played for the two/three teams since I was 16 in the alliance. So now 7 years, I don't think you can really accuse me of jumping ship.

I'd say I have been pretty committed, when possible.
Back to top Go down
maisto8

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

Hellboy you are brilliant, I love all this banter your sooooooo funny and witty. What a guy
Back to top Go down
maisto8

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

Oh and by the way, ive rightly never been paid to play football!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 8:01 pm

Oh and by the way, i know how to control my temper, when i'm playing games.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

I'm not sure anyone leaving advance would exactly be leaving them in the lurch!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I'm not sure anyone leaving advance would exactly be leaving them in the lurch!

Me leaving advance would be leaving them in the lurch.....
Back to top Go down
Biblotelli

Biblotelli

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 11:33 pm

Smile
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

Little disappointed in the fact that they havent acknowledged the game we gave them for 90 even though we collapsed in e/t.....thought Luka was better than that ?..we have always acknolwedged our rivals efforts in games in season's past, win lose or draw,..but hey ho,...each to their own.

Haven't posted for a while but Ive read some strange comments today.

Duane, I have read a few of your posts and to be honest I think you are massively underselling yourselves. If i'm not wrong are you not the team that have beaten S&G this year? Are you not the team sitting close to them in the league? Are you not the team that reached the final of the Billy Walton last year? In fact are you not the team that S&G still haven't beaten in 90 mins? If I'd have been Throops manager yesterday I'd have been reminding my players of this, so what if your missing a couple of players, it's football your always missing players especially around February time. Me personally I don't give a f*** who you're playing against, when you step over that white line I make sure my team want that ball more than the opposition, you'll be surprised how often you come out on top. Your right Duane in that S&G should be playing at the right standard next season; on form you should be too.

I am truly bewildered by the glorifying of S&G on this forum by some members (1 in particular). I've seen S&G play, I do also know some of the players that play and although they do have some decent players, they aren't that good to win things by ability on it's own. They win cause they want to win. This forum is excellent for sharing opinions but I think that some people believe too much of what they read (and too much of it is total bullsh**) don't believe the hype.

Some people have developed a false interpretation of S&G, they're not much different to any other team.

You will develop a defeatist mentality if you read and believe some things that are posted on here. You've been warned.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

Biblotelli wrote:
Smile
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

Haven't posted for a while but Ive read some strange comments today.

Duane, I have read a few of your posts and to be honest I think you are massively underselling yourselves. If i'm not wrong are you not the team that have beaten S&G this year? Are you not the team sitting close to them in the league? Are you not the team that reached the final of the Billy Walton last year? In fact are you not the team that S&G still haven't beaten in 90 mins? If I'd have been Throops manager yesterday I'd have been reminding my players of this, so what if your missing a couple of players, it's football your always missing players especially around February time. Me personally I don't give a f*** who you're playing against, when you step over that white line I make sure my team want that ball more than the opposition, you'll be surprised how often you come out on top. Your right Duane in that S&G should be playing at the right standard next season; on form you should be too.

I am truly bewildered by the glorifying of S&G on this forum by some members (1 in particular). I've seen S&G play, I do also know some of the players that play and although they do have some decent players, they aren't that good to win things by ability on it's own. They win cause they want to win. This forum is excellent for sharing opinions but I think that some people believe too much of what they read (and too much of it is total bullsh**) don't believe the hype.

Some people have developed a false interpretation of S&G, they're not much different to any other team.

You will develop a defeatist mentality if you read and believe some things that are posted on here. You've been warned.

Wise words Biblotelli, do you fancy coming in the Huncote changing room before the Billy Walton Semi and giving the team talk lol!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 26 February
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next