HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 26 February

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 26 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2012, 6:02 pm

The registration and transfer window gets ready to close - are you happy with your team - or will the orange forms be passed around?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

Npe 2-5 hotshots

Good result and a decent game, went 1-0 up early from a Sam Evans penalty and quickly followed with his second after a good move down the left hand side. NPE kicked into gear for 10 mins and had a shot cleared off the line after our step in keeper made a good save from a header, after I had to come off after 20 mins. Could of gone in 3 up after a header hit the bar.

NPE started second half brightly and we gave a away a very sloppy goal pretty much straight away. 3 mins later we made it 3-1, a great 25 yard strike fromClint. 4th and 5th followed quickly with both sides being given dodgy pens, NPE couldn't convert. All in all a well deserved win NPE battled to the end and grabbed a late consolation. You could tell they were missing players but we were miles better on the day. Also thankfully there keeper was different from last couple of times we played which was a huge bonus.

Still think its their league with us second, see you in div 5 maybe.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

Superfly 0 - 4 hoskins reserves

We never really turned up today and we really needed to be against a very good hoskins.
Hoskins wanted it more today and deserved to win.
I don't think Hopkins will slip up and should win the league.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

Leicester Foxes 4 - 5 MDH Knights
So proud of the lads today they played with such heart and I couldn't have asked anymore from a single one of them. Leicester Foxes are a cracking team with some great players and 4-2 down with 20 mins to go we could have rolled over and died but we threw the kitchen sink at it and it paid off!great stuff from the foxes lads at the end too really gracious from a team that don't lose much.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Week off so went to watch Advance Couriers against Glenfield Town.
Advance have so much class, but the boy Flynny was superb in the second half, top deliveries with both feet and he did one bit of outrageous skill to meg someone in the second half, i dont even know what he did!!!!
Advance went behind but had already hit the bar, they hit it again whilst bagging two in the first half, 2-1.
Second half, Advance stepped it up and Wheeler scored a lovely volled lob past the Glenny keeper.
After that Advance showed their ability and i think Glenny tired. Glenfield have some very good players as well though and were in the game until about the 70th minute.
Great game
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

Saff lounge 3 v 2 magna 73

Cracking performance by the boys!! Worth ethic was awesome and I thin its fair to say we dominated the first half, 2nd half magna came back into it and probably edged it!! Very nervous finish for us but we held on for the win!! Great performance and win!! Goals from ryan allen, baz dovey and ricky bates!
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:44 pm

GHW 4-1 Azul

Scorer: Fred Cooper

Improved again this week. 2 new signings again today. Think the difference was the final third. We had chances to get back in the game. Chris Durrance scored a quality scissor kick. Seen him to do it so many times but it still looks good.

Gate are a good bunch and a good side. Good luck in the semis n for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

pollard crusaders 1-2 little bowden. good open game of football. great result for bowden, lets hope we can now finish the season strongly!!
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

Joey Barton wrote:

We never really turned up today and we really needed to be against a very good hoskins.

good battle that was today from both teams think the turning point was when we was 2-0 up u lot wer on top and our keeper saved from 3yards out from there we was never in danger but superfly just lost shape from left back who was poor
Back to top Go down
Jwithers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Jack withers and jack barson goal scorers great game could of gone either way but we took are chances
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm

Congrats to Magna, Huncote and Saff who all beat teams from higher divisions today....cracking set of results, well done
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:09 pm

mthompson08 wrote:
pollard crusaders 1-2 little bowden. good open game of football. great result for bowden, lets hope we can now finish the season strongly!!

Great result for Bowden, our noisy neighbours doing us another favour! Don't know how they do it always let the occasion get to them against us, but fair play lads, great team spirit you got there, cut out greenies pens lol and next season with a striker you might push on. Keep it up .
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:16 pm

Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Jack withers and jack barson goal scorers great game could of gone either way but we took are chances

Couldn't hit a barn door at Birstall but young Jack banging them in this season!

Well done mate
Back to top Go down
Jwithers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

Blackie wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Couldn't hit a barn door at Birstall but young Jack banging them in this season!

Well done mate

Haha ino that left back position was no good mate, loving it on the wing even tho I was upfront today Very Happy
Cheers matey
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:23 pm

Widds wrote:
Congrats to Magna, Huncote and Saff who all beat teams from higher divisions today....cracking set of results, well done

And Phoenix Utd also

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

good battle that was today from both teams think the turning point was when we was 2-0 up u lot wer on top and our keeper saved from 3yards out from there we was never in danger but superfly just lost shape from left back who was poor

Totally agree with all above..aswel as we played way too deep i felt stranded up top today
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Spot on there, had draw all over it until the ref failed to see the trip by Shane on myself but, fair play like you said you took the chances although very limited for both sides. Think now the rest of the teams in 5 are now playing for 2nd so you need to beat all the other teams and we keep winning to bring the 1st and 2nd place trophies back to the Emerald Centre.

Cheers Jack, all the best
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Spot on there, had draw all over it until the ref failed to see the trip by Shane on myself but, fair play like you said you took the chances although very limited for both sides. Think now the rest of the teams in 5 are now playing for 2nd so you need to beat all the other teams and we keep winning to bring the 1st and 2nd place trophies back to the Emerald Centre.

What trip Wink
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:31 pm

Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

Was a good battle mate not alot of chances created, but if iam honest i think u boys just about deserved the win, good luck for the rest of the season pal.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Dodgy wrote:
Widds wrote:

And Phoenix Utd also

Any thoughts on the penalty claim for your lads in the second half today??
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

We won the game thats all that mattered Widds, personally thought it was a peno and felt that maybe Glenny were lucky not to get a man sent off or even booked for a 2 footed lunge lucky for Flynny he's quick enough to get out the way of it, overall though Glenny were a good side and we had to work hard for the result

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

Fair play mate....3 points like you say. A lot of class at Advance for sure
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

st marks 2 harrow 1

good game from both sides today, think we just about deserved it but all credit to harrow they made my boys work hard for the win. all big games for us now semi next cant wait. and all best to harrow best team we have played in five.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

ShaNiO wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

What trip Wink

Haha, you happy putting an OAP in the dirt. Cheers Shane
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
Skid marks 2 - 1 harrow

What trip Wink

Haha, you happy putting an OAP in the dirt. Cheers Shane

Anything to win a game mate Wink especially when your a fat, bald, pothunter like me haha!
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

dont worry bout idiots m8, do your really care wat some inbreeds think not mentioning any names
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

come down mine and ill put the potatoes on lmfao
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Enjoyed it today although the limbs are already aching, don't think there's many more games left in me now. Just steamroll the other teams and hopefully we can go on another winning streak and finish behind you
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Saffron Lounge Bar 3-2 Magna 73 Rangers

First half we were a shambles - plain and simple, we were missing our usual back 4 and it showed. Saffron wanted it more, it was clear to see and they deserved there 2-0 lead at half time. One of the goals was an own goal by our gaffer and the 2nd was a goal mouth scramble. 2-0 flattered us at half time, Smig made some good saves although his kicking isnt the greatest in the world.

2nd half we improved our performance (It couldn't have been any worse) and put Saff under a bit of pressure, there keeper made a great save with his legs and then they cleared one of the line before against the run of play at that stage, they made it 3-0 on the break.

Still we showed character and although we were a long way of our fluent best we kept pushing on. Tom Cartwright pulled one back with about 15 to go with a free header and then with 3 minutes to go Steve Oliff made it 3-2. Tom Cartwright was put through in the last minute but blazed over in what proved to be our last chance.

Take nothing away from Saffron, we had a bit of banter, well referred by Micheal Scriven as usual and best of luck to Dezza, Ginner and all the boys at Saff. A Quarter final place with only Advance of the prem left, they must fancy there chances of getting to Holmes park now.
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

haha, cheeky little ending to that post!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:33 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
a quiet word with the referee to alert him of your concerns during the game would be the best route on the day. calling him a cheat or worse wouldn't be the cleverest thing in the world.

Thought i would move to banter Mark!!

I agree, you need to speak before, although our ressies didnt know that there were suggestions in the past from many teams of bad and incorrect decisions on a more frequent basis by this lino than is the norm. We had a word last year, not shouting, just a 'come on ref, you could see thats not offside' but what can you do....we need people to volunteer to run the line, rubbish job, so i guess you just lump it...

Maybe he is just that bad at it.....(although comments from him to others would suggest its not a lack of ability with the flag, more a lack of a latch on the underarm spring!!)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:36 pm

S&G Gaffer wrote:
Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.

I'm sure it most definitely will.
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:43 pm

Well let's hope so Hellboy! I hope you will be there in your S & G scarf.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

I'm sure it most definitely will.

Oh it will,..though next season they will be competing in the standard they should be competing at, so may be a little more difficult for them than this.,

Little disappointed in the fact that they havent acknowledged the game we gave them for 90 even though we collapsed in e/t.....thought Luka was better than that ?..we have always acknolwedged our rivals efforts in games in season's past, win lose or draw,..but hey ho,...each to their own.
Back to top Go down
News of the World

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

Speaking to one of the Throops lads earlier and they said you had 3/4 of your starting 11 out Duane including your skipper and warner had to start the game so you had 11 players? Is that true or he making excuses?

He did say Star deserved the result though and it was damage limitation in extra time?

He said you had your centre half playing up front in goalie shorts! You must have been short! ha ha.
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

Totally agree with all above..aswel as we played way too deep i felt stranded up top today

had to play deep mate, ball kept pinging back every minute for the first 45 mins.... constantly under pressure nothing you could do. then when we tried to get out we didnt come out as a unit, something we will sort in time... but Hoskins deserved it today, well up for it from the off and battled for 90 mins.

cant wait for the return fixture, hopefully we will turn up and give you a better game.....
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 7:58 pm

Yeah we had skipper Mazza out (centre half) and Lewis our holding midfielder, Mitch Warner tried to play through a twisted ankle but the pain was too much and had to come off. Heck we must have been short cos I had to come on, what does that tell you,..but when Toby came on in his goalie shorts and fell over well,..we knew it was curtains then,..lol
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:10 pm

To be fair Duane I thought you did hang in there, however all I've heard is you were missing players or so & so was injured! That's hardly giving your opponent credit is it? We were also missing players today that's why I had to come on but that's what you expect from Sunday football is it not?
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:10 pm

billy walton huncote and star already in semis.
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

i can predict the draw for semis
hoskins or saff vs star garter
advance or pheonix vs huncote
hoskins or saff vs advance
huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for
star garter vs advance or pheonix

hahaha what everyones thoughts i wanna see the draw live can we sectarys come to a meeting to see draw???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 26 February
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next