Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Starting a reserve team.

Go down 
+8
browny15lfc
LoneRanger38
mowmacre fc
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Gordon
Aussie Owl
Joey Barton
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Starting a reserve team. Empty
PostSubject: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 9:01 am

With the amount of players we've signed on this season we are considering starting a reserve team.

I'm not 100% it's a good idea and was hoping the likes of Hoskins, Nri, Niffy could give me their thoughts/advise?
Is it a stuggle? good and bad points?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 9:32 am

You should also speak to Gordon or myself
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 9:37 am

I have sent a PM
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 9:40 am

From what ive heard its not that easy. But top marks to Niffy, god only knows how they've been keeping things going for so long...respect....
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Thanks for your advice David, Ant from Niffy and Gordon.

Seems like we need a good think about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

Reserve teams are quite good sometimes from a financial point of view (as long as everyone pays subs) but if you are not careful they become segregated and unlike a lot of Saturday clubs that seem to run things the right way, the biggest problem we had was that we could not cherry pick our best reserve players for the first team as they simply had no intention of moving from the reserves if 'called up'
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

dont do it worst thing hoskins ever did we wer in same situation m8 lots off players wanting to sign on . but we u have ressis u need at leat 24 each week its hard enough getting 11 never mind 20odd . but if u do start ressi keep in touch hoskins are having 1 team next year i could have a few lads spare !
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
dont do it worst thing hoskins ever did we wer in same situation m8 lots off players wanting to sign on . but we u have ressis u need at leat 24 each week its hard enough getting 11 never mind 20odd . but if u do start ressi keep in touch hoskins are having 1 team next year i could have a few lads spare !

Well take u up on lads spare,i think well end up trying it out we have about 40 signed up this season lol
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

I run Klworth on Saturday and play for and manage the reserves but also control the whole lot.As well as the kilworth Sunday side, we are putting a Sunday reserve team in next season too. I don't think it is much hassle as long as you have someone taking care of each team and responsible enough to get their players.
We try to run as 2 teams and only occasionally send players up.. This prevents the firsts from taking the Micky and stealing the whole reserve team on a Friday night.

Last edited by browny15lfc on Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 11:42 pm

I was sec for sparta parva, we had 25 odd payers first season , so started a reserves after having plenty of interest and a successful year

first team got promoted 2 divisions all the better players bottled it (pre season) dropping down to go off pot hunting elsewhere leaving us with 2 two brand new teams virtually.

some say run as one club and mix players , others say run as two different sides, each to thier own, (i know i wouldn't do it again) fair play to niffy who have managed 3 teams for the last few years!!!

Back to top Go down
mermick

mermick

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

run as two clubs but under same banner.ie man utd & man city ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeMon 06 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

There are lots of issues. Running an extra team should only be considered if you have a very good, trusted organiser for both sides (whether that's the managers and/or secretary).

I've played for two clubs where they have run two teams. On both occasions, one of the sides ended up with very bad discipline and lots of players not paying their subs, while the other team ran smoothly. This is why it's important to make sure that there is someone keeping tight control of both.

The choice over running as one club or two is a tough one. The reserves will always be resentful if you're cherry-picking their best players. Particularly over time as the teams will gradually grow apart as new players come in and they will not want to leave their mates in the reserves to play for the first team.

Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitimeMon 06 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

I'd recommend having a reserves, you find that more players get a chance of a game whereby they might not at the moment. Also means that nights out etc are awesome as you have lots more lads than if you only had 1 team.

I would echo the thoughts on having organisers in the team, as if you don't have that it could go horribly wrong...we're lucky at Niff to have 4-5 players within the ranks that help out with all the organisation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a reserve team.   Starting a reserve team. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a reserve team.
Page 1 of 1