Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Going back to book a player after the incident.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

Going back to book a player after the incident. Empty
PostSubject: Going back to book a player after the incident.   Going back to book a player after the incident. Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

This happened to a friend of mine who asked me if I thought it was right and although I said It wasnt Im not 100% sure.

My friend clattered somebody with approx 30 mins to go in a game, the Ref played advantage and the opposing team scored.

About 5 mins to go the same player clatters somebody again, the ref shows the lad a yellow then a red. The lad advises that he hasnt been booked yet, the ref checked his notebook and said they he meant to book him for the earlier challange but forgot due to the goal going in. The ref the showed him another yellow then the red again!

I dont think that is right, after the first tackle the ball went dead and the ref failed to act. In fact the ball had gone dead numerous times before the yellow was given for the challange. the lad claimed he wouldnt have dived in if he knew he had a yellow.

Is there a length of time that a ref can wait before booking someone for a tackle? Have no idea on the rule for this.

Any ideas???
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Going back to book a player after the incident.   Going back to book a player after the incident. Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

Extract from Powers and Duties of the Referee, within Law 5

• takes disciplinary action against players guilty of cautionable
and sending-off offences. He is not obliged to take this action immediately
but must do so when the ball next goes out of play

Extract from the Guidelines for Referees with reference to Law 5

If the offence warrants a caution, it must be issued at the next stoppage.
However, unless there is a clear advantage, it is recommended that the referee
stops play and cautions the player immediately. If the caution is NOT issued at
the next stoppage, it cannot be shown later.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Going back to book a player after the incident.   Going back to book a player after the incident. Icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:48 pm

the ref messed up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going back to book a player after the incident.   Going back to book a player after the incident. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going back to book a player after the incident.
Page 1 of 1