Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

County Cup semifinal draw

Go down 
+28
Corridor of Uncertainty
Dodgy
THE MAGICIAN
Gaz Throops Manager
super polska
ramon_II
dee_aitcho
Ripple The Net
sgoodman
Tomassi
Minty
Jean Claude Van Damme
John.J.Rambo
Piemasterflash
Doc Brown
reffinghell
Sparky
gattuso
riley
Corby
phil_brown
Katie G
Gordon
Paulo
man in black
spartamoshdock
Aussie Owl
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 7:57 pm

reffinghell wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:
Sparta Moshdock v Baloonatics

1. Horsewell Lane is certainly not fit to host a Semi!

2. Does anyone know anything at all about Baloonatics?
I did a friendly involving Baloonatics at the start of the season and they were very good,full of good young lads,from the lutterworth area,if i remember rightly a lot of them play for lutterworth athletic.

balloonatics are a good side, we beat them 2-0 in last seasons quarter final (when we were good) . very athletic team, not a direct side, slow build up play which cost them against us. oh and they wear pink gloves lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 9:47 pm

riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
any info on western??? i know all about tim glenn from sparta last year so im hoping he'll be getting smashed the night before

me too as he tends to score more when he is half cut from the night before, inbetween throwing up behind the changing rooms that is Laughing

haha i mite av 2 send him a msg and get him down stilletto's the night before hopefully he wont leave the place Very Happy

neither will you though!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:02 am

wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
any info on western??? i know all about tim glenn from sparta last year so im hoping he'll be getting smashed the night before

me too as he tends to score more when he is half cut from the night before, inbetween throwing up behind the changing rooms that is Laughing

haha i mite av 2 send him a msg and get him down stilletto's the night before hopefully he wont leave the place Very Happy

he is better than me though!!!

does anyone know if we are still going to get linemen? or is 1 of our lads still going to have to do it?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:13 am

riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

does anyone know if we are still going to get linemen? or is 1 of our lads still going to have to do it?

still get 2 lino's difference is the costs are split equal between the 2 sides. Pitch is £40 between us and Western and the costs of ref and his assistants are split equally to!

Plus we can only name 5 subs in the County Cup compared to 7 in the League
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

I dont recall Tim Glenn ever scoring for us when sober, the more drunk he was the more outrageous his finishing was! What a player!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 1:55 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

still get 2 lino's difference is the costs are split equal between the 2 sides. Pitch is £40 between us and Western and the costs of ref and his assistants are split equally to!

Surely if you are playing at home, then Western only pay half of the Referees and assistants cost. Why would they pay for you to play at home?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 1:59 pm

sgoodman wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

Surely if you are playing at home, then Western only pay half of the Referees and assistants cost. Why would they pay for you to play at home?

From County FA

"All costs are to be split equally. Ground fees are set at £40.00 (£70.00 if floodlights are used). Match official fees are also split 50/50"

its Westerns reward for having to host a semi final Shocked brings more evidence to the arguement for neutral grounds in the Semi
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Ripple The Net

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 4:35 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
No decision has yet been announced by County FA but I expect such an announcement to confirm Gordon's understanding.

Thanks to the growth in youth and girls football, there are now 31 County Competitions and it would be next to impossible to find 62 available grounds. All 62 clubs hosting a county semifinal would not be able to play a league game and with the current fixture backlog that would also be unacceptable.

Incidentally, my earlier post about watching the draw live at Holmes Park is still possible, but the bar will not be open as it has been in previous years.

All the excuses sorry replys as to why we have no neutral venues just dont stand up.
It was known two weeks ago that we would not have neutral venues but no announcement until after draw.
It would appear that our league body rather than being a leading light in the county are happy follow not lead.
It was stated that clubs would not be happy setting up thier ground if chosen as a venue is rubbish DID YOU ASK ANYONE ?
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 4:44 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:
No decision has yet been announced by County FA but I expect such an announcement to confirm Gordon's understanding.

Thanks to the growth in youth and girls football, there are now 31 County Competitions and it would be next to impossible to find 62 available grounds. All 62 clubs hosting a county semifinal would not be able to play a league game and with the current fixture backlog that would also be unacceptable.

Incidentally, my earlier post about watching the draw live at Holmes Park is still possible, but the bar will not be open as it has been in previous years.

All the excuses sorry replys as to why we have no neutral venues just dont stand up.
It was known two weeks ago that we would not have neutral venues but no announcement until after draw.
It would appear that our league body rather than being a leading light in the county are happy follow not lead.
It was stated that clubs would not be happy setting up thier ground if chosen as a venue is rubbish DID YOU ASK ANYONE ?

Ooooooooooooooooo Suit you sir!!!

But yeah, doesnt sound good, cant be bothered to read all the posts but i agree
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:06 pm

Our Pitch is a disgrace. Hosting a semi final on our pitch is criminal.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:12 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:

I am one of 16 members of that committee and not the Chairman and so it is not always possible to "lead"
The decision was made after the draw was made and not 2 weeks before.
I do not know who said that clubs would not be happy setting up their ground if chosen but it was not me.
I repeat - if 62 neutral grounds had been chosen, that would have been 62 teams, and probably many more, without a game. With the current fixture backlog, this would not have gone down well.

My personal opinion is that the root cause is that there are too many competitions and not enough decent grounds in Leicester. My proposal to hold a meeting at the end of the season to review this sorry mess has been accepted. However, I cannot promise any fundamental changes, necessary though they are.
Back to top Go down
Ripple The Net

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:29 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:

I am one of 16 members of that committee and not the Chairman and so it is not always possible to "lead"
I do not know who said that clubs would not be happy setting up their ground if chosen but it was not me.
I repeat - if 62 neutral grounds had been chosen, that would have been 62 teams, and probably many more, without a game. With the current fixture backlog, this would not have gone down well.

My personal opinion is that the root cause is that there are too many competitions and not enough decent grounds in Leicester. My proposal to hold a meeting at the end of the season to review this sorry mess has been accepted. However, I cannot promise any fundamental changes, necessary though they are.
Flawed reply
The comment was not made re any individual but aimed at our governing body who consistently lay claim to being the best league.
As for the point regarding too many competitions WHY OH WHY HAVE THE LEAGUE AGREED TO ANOTHER DIVISION WONT THIS ONLY AGRIEVATE THE PROBLEM NEXT YEAR.
Wether the decision was confirmed after the draw it was known before the quarters that it would not be neutral.
As for the fact that it was to many grounds and clubs would not be happy that is a assumption made with no consultation with the members that the league repersent.
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:31 pm

I like the argument!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:45 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:
Ripple The Net wrote:

Flawed reply
The comment was not made re any individual but aimed at our governing body who consistently lay claim to being the best league.
As for the point regarding too many competitions WHY OH WHY HAVE THE LEAGUE AGREED TO ANOTHER DIVISION WONT THIS ONLY AGRIEVATE THE PROBLEM NEXT YEAR.
Wether the decision was confirmed after the draw it was known before the quarters that it would not be neutral.
As for the fact that it was to many grounds and clubs would not be happy that is a assumption made with no consultation with the members that the league repersent.

I thought your comment was aimed at me, being a meber of the County Committee. If it is aimed at the League then it is misdirected, because the County Competitions are not under the League's control.
Another Division could well mean divisions of 12 instead of 13/14 (with the exception of the Premiership) which should ease the congestion. It will have no bearing on County Competitions whatsoever. ...or are you suggesting that the League should run fewer cup competitions?
When was the decision taken? Never discussed until the the quarters had been postponed. and the meeting after the draw debated the situation long and hard before making the decision. It was not a simple confirmation of an earlier decision.
Consultation? Well I suppose it is possible for the County to consult but there are over 800 clubs and a quick decision was needed.
As Ramon 11 said it is interesting and whatever was decided, there would be many many unhappy clubs. That's all from me.
Back to top Go down
Ripple The Net

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:31 pm

Dont know why you would think its aimed at you I did say our governing bodie which I believe is the F.A.
So we add extra teams which the Alliance have started to announce wont mean extra congestion ????
So the matter was discussed two weeks before the draw.
Cant consult hmm every league involved in the County Cups have thier own internet site you make an announcement to all 800 club sec`s asking the question and you know what you get the answer in 24 hours and bear in mind we had 336 hours to play with.
All that has happened is that the FA have devalued thier own competition and we as a league could have been leaders by showing how with a will it would have been achievable.
If you asked every player and referee in the county if they think that any semi should be played at a neutral venue Im sure that the overwhelming reponse would have been yes.
RESPECT THE GAME AMD THOSE WHO PLAY THE GAME
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 6:13 am

Are you seriously that upset about playing on a park pitch? you do it every week during the season! Stop moaning.....deal with it!!!!

I'm sure the FA/County and alliance committee have more pressing matters at hand. My personal opinion is when we played our semi final at Glenfield Town. The pitch was no better than our own or advance's. We had to travel further which was more of an inconvenience. If I had to play it at horsewell lane, I wouldnt have worried about it being there ground. It's down to who plays better in the conditions that day.
Back to top Go down
Ripple The Net

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 10:52 am

super polska wrote:
Are you seriously that upset about playing on a park pitch? you do it every week during the season! Stop moaning.....deal with it!!!!

I'm sure the FA/County and alliance committee have more pressing matters at hand. My personal opinion is when we played our semi final at Glenfield Town. The pitch was no better than our own or advance's. We had to travel further which was more of an inconvenience. If I had to play it at horsewell lane, I wouldnt have worried about it being there ground. It's down to who plays better in the conditions that day.
Not upset in the slightest but I do have an opinion on the matter and expressed that opinion and because someone has an opinion that is different to yours it doesnt mean they are moaning.
The whole point of the post was that semi finals and finals should be occassions that stand out from a normal Sunday and that decisions by any governing body should make decisions based on what is the best for the membership and not what suits there own agenda.
I
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 2:08 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:
super polska wrote:

Not upset in the slightest but I do have an opinion on the matter and expressed that opinion and because someone has an opinion that is different to yours it doesnt mean they are moaning.
The whole point of the post was that semi finals and finals should be occassions that stand out from a normal Sunday and that decisions by any governing body should make decisions based on what is the best for the membership and not what suits there own agenda.
I

This is whats happened. They decided with the current backlog in fixtures it wouldnt be fair to use someone elses pitch for a game not involving them putting them back another fixture. If the roles were reversed you'd be moaning about that!

I'm the WINNER!
Back to top Go down
Ripple The Net

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 3:22 pm

Another case of polska Premature Exhaultation had the problem long. Read the whole post
semi A plays at semi B ground and B play at A`s ground NO EXTRA GROUNDS NEEDED NO GAMES RE ARRANGED
SIMPLE
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:35 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:
Another case of polska Premature Exhaultation had the problem long. Read the whole post
semi A plays at semi B ground and B play at A`s ground NO EXTRA GROUNDS NEEDED NO GAMES RE ARRANGED
SIMPLE

that would make too much sense. didnt lawrence jones say at the handbook meeting that lines of communication would be improved. doesnt look like it from here. the county cup is a sham,, i dont know if its worth paying the £14 (i think its £14 for county cup) application when signing up next year. if enough teams boycott the county cups next year then they will be forced to act.
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 6:13 pm

Ripple The Net wrote:
SIMPLE

Why go from 1 awful pitch to another?? What if you play at knighton park and a team in the other fixture play at knighton park and that then becomes the venue...... what would you gain???
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 1:59 am

the county cup is just like the carling cup, a waste of time and a complete sham, im glad we went out early i much prefer the alliance comps seeing as u play at a neutral ground like it shud be for any semi-final or final of a cup competition, imagine man utd v astonvilla being played at aldershots ground in the carling cup final lol
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

your saying that because u went out u tit
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 2:49 pm

Gaz Great Wigston Manager wrote:
the county cup is just like the carling cup, a waste of time and a complete sham, im glad we went out early i much prefer the alliance comps seeing as u play at a neutral ground like it shud be for any semi-final or final of a cup competition, imagine man utd v astonvilla being played at aldershots ground in the carling cup final lol

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:43 pm

Yes what a shocking post Great Wigston Manager. You'd be thrilled IF you were still in it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

just out of interest ( not because im being cocky saying were going to be there) does anyone know what date has been set for the final of the sunday trophy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Feb 2010, 11:20 pm

Wednesday 7th April according to the League handbook.
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 1:30 pm

denty not saying that caus were out at all, and phil brown ssshhhhhh, i woz stating that surely all semi-finals in all cups shud be played at neutral venues, if we had got to the semi in the county cup i wud of been very dissappointed playing it at our ground or the opposing teams ground, sort of takes the shine off it, i defo aint gutted abt going out the county cup, a nice neutral ground for the foster cup semi is gunna suit me just right
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 1:36 pm

Moderator wrote:
Wednesday 7th April according to the League handbook.
Some dates have been revised but the Trophy remains at 7th April.
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:16 pm

Has the sunday premier cup been revised Dennis?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 4:46 pm

sgoodman wrote:
No - still 30th April - see you there!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 5:00 pm

Has the venue for the semi final been confirmed yet ???
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2010, 5:27 pm

sgoodman wrote:
No - still 30th April - see you there!

Hopefully Dennis Cool still got to win the semi-final 1st Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 12:18 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Has the venue for the semi final been confirmed yet ???

I am advised by County FA that Appleby Magna v Robinsons Garage or Birstall Stamford is at Lutterworth Town on a date to be arranged, dependent on results, and Birstall Stamford's continuing involvement in the FA Sunday Cup.

The Advance Couriers v Nottingham WMC fixture is scheduled for the Co-op Sports Ground, Birstall, this coming Sunday 14 February
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:03 pm

are there any other neutrak vebnues for cups?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:05 pm

you drunk ramon? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:32 pm

Warranted criticism What a Face but no, not on a school night!

Do you know if any other semis are neutral?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:33 pm

aint got a clue mate
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:34 pm

Seems unfair to have neautral for some and let the rest play on dreadful pitches. I don't mind playing on them any other week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 7:39 pm

think from what ive heard its only the top county cups on sats and suns that get a neutral ground, and yes i agree it is crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Cup semifinal draw
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next