Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Artificial Grass Pitches

Go down 
+2
Ruby Murry
Aussie Owl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Artificial Grass Pitches Empty
PostSubject: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 10:33 pm

The League Management Committee has previously approved the use of 3G pitches for matches within its competitions (league and cup).

Consequently Exeter Arms requested and were granted permission to play their home matches for both teams on the 3G surface at Uppingham Community College for this season, whilst building works are continuing at their previous facility at Uppingham School.

If a team refused to play a fixture on this surface, they will be deemed to have caused a postponement and they can anticipate receiving the standard disciplinary action for such occurrence. (the loss of points and £££, or elimination and £££ depending whether it is a league or cup fixture)
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm

It's not that bad to play on, the only problem at Exeter Arms pitch is the cables that come across for when they get split into 5 aside.
They cut out no end of attempted long balls, so my advice is keep it low and play football.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 1:53 pm

Ruby Murry wrote:
It's not that bad to play on, the only problem at Exeter Arms pitch is the cables that come across for when they get split into 5 aside.
They cut out no end of attempted long balls, so my advice is keep it low and play football.

Good advice in general!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:04 pm

Ruby Murry wrote:

So if the ball hits the cables and goes in the goal will it stand ?

Is that the same as the Liverpool game where they say if the ball touches or hits anything on the pitch that shouldnt be the game will be stopped and restarted.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm

The advice to refs is that if the ball is significantly deflected, a drop ball should be given as should have happened in the Liverpool game. This does not apply to when the ball is deflected by the ref because "he is just another sod on the field of play" (Apologies to refs Crying or Very sad Smile)
Back to top Go down
little ref

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 9:48 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
The advice to refs is that if the ball is significantly deflected, a drop ball should be given as should have happened in the Liverpool game. This does not apply to when the ball is deflected by the ref because "he is just another sod on the field of play" (Apologies to refs Crying or Very sad Smile)
i fancy putting the ball in the net just to show some of the players how it should be done because ive seen some wayward finishing this season Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 9:58 pm

i feel like putting a whistle in my mouth and blowing for a few decisions and showing refs how its done as i have seen some shocking calls made this season Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 8:25 am

dave ash wrote:
Ruby Murry wrote:

So if the ball hits the cables and goes in the goal will it stand ?

Is that the same as the Liverpool game where they say if the ball touches or hits anything on the pitch that shouldnt be the game will be stopped and restarted.

There are only 2 cable which splits it into 3 pitches, It is amazing how many time they get hit.

On the day though the ref didn't give any drop balls, he just played on.
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 8:26 am

wafc wrote:
i feel like putting a whistle in my mouth and blowing for a few decisions and showing refs how its done as i have seen some shocking calls made this season Laughing Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jchris23

jchris23

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 4:35 pm

Ive played at the pitch at exeter arms last season and fractures my heel bone on it when just running down the wing just stick to the grass shore they can find a pitch somewhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Grass Pitches   Artificial Grass Pitches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artificial Grass Pitches
Page 1 of 1