Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Cheating Linesman

Go down 
+18
Paulo
Reem Team FC
Whistle Blower
man in black
Aussie Owl
Widds
Jim royle
chopper
Stroller
littlebigman
Sparta3
NiffyA
Hellboy
strawberry blonde assasin
Polska legend II
saff lounge
mowmacre fc
Spectater
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spectater

Spectater

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

watched a couple of games this season and the linesman are atrocious!

they should be ashamed!! And Named!!!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

happens every week nothing you can do just have to trust him and the referee
Back to top Go down
Spectater

Spectater

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

like to see them named on here to see what they say! lol
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

i will name myself as 1 on sunday against dme, i wasnt running the line but i caught the dme linesman bang to rights cheating, so i decided to run the line 2nd half and gave them a taste of what its like
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

a quiet word with the ref should work. if it is persistent and blatant then he can start taking the decisions away from the linesman and start over ruling him.
Back to top Go down

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

saff lounge wrote:

i will name myself as 1 on sunday against dme, i wasnt running the line but i caught the dme linesman bang to rights cheating, so i decided to run the line 2nd half and gave them a taste of what its like

haha..absolute crap..it was 1 mistake by our lino in the first half..then every time we went through in the second half u flagged..we wudve ad at least 5 more goals
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

Spectater wrote:
watched a couple of games this season and the linesman are atrocious!

they should be ashamed!! And Named!!!

You ain't much of a spectator if you cant name them ya self, pay more attention in future.....and then you can put the names on here yourself.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

Ultimately it's the refs decision to over rule cheating linesman...it then works against the linesman cheating as decisions that are actually offiside are overrulled....then the striker has an unfair advantage over the defence. It's all about the referree being strong with the linesman.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

correct
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

strawberry blonde assasin wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

haha..absolute crap..it was 1 mistake by our lino in the first half..then every time we went through in the second half u flagged..we wudve ad at least 5 more goals

your linesman did it at least 3 times in the 1st half, but you say he done it by mistake and i was cheating, now that is crap, also i probably only got it wtong twice in the 2nd half so cut your crap riley and admit to being ginger cus you certainly aint strawberry blonde, whereas i am
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
a quiet word with the ref should work. if it is persistent and blatant then he can start taking the decisions away from the linesman and start over ruling him.

This usually works for me.

If you think you're being hard-done-to, just have a quiet calm word with the ref. If you just abuse the lino (or the ref) for it then you'll get nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

or a card
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

Rarely see players booked for swearing at a linesman, even though it happens in most games. Some players seem to think that just because the linesman isn't wearing black, they can say whatever they like. Refs could be stronger on this i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

or too strong! i know a ref who regularly gets a red card out for it. was made worse by the fact the non-neutral linesman had cheated...
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

I'm a Ref who regularly gets a card out for it, what players and managers sometimes forget
is that club linesmen are very often players who dont have an idea how to run the line properly and are just poor at it,this doesn't make them cheats,As a Ref you have to make a judgement on this and this is what i do and if players decide that they disagree with my judgement on this and congratulate the club linesman on their flagging i reward them with a card Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

saff lounge wrote:

I hope i get to Ref your team this season then you can just spend the game signalling for throw ins,nothing else and if you cant manage to do that honestly then you will just hold the flag,quiet simple really
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

i was talking to lad last night who ran line for our ressis he said he didnt cheat but when its 50/50 u gotta flag lol and he said there striker went through past our defence he said he wasnt off side didnt flag but started shouting at the defence u lot kept him on side as he was shouting the flag was moving in his arm all he was doing was giving backline some stick and the REF blew for offside he said it was well funny he did shout to ref he wasnt flaging but whistle had gone
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

littlebigman wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

I hope i get to Ref your team this season then you can just spend the game signalling for throw ins,nothing else and if you cant manage to do that honestly then you will just hold the flag,quiet simple really

then dont bother reffing us, i cheated after being cheated that is a FACT, for it to be spun in any other way is out of order, also the fact is riley was off side regular during the 2nd half but he seems to think he was onside everytime, i made maybe 2 mistakes and on 1 of them riley was offside and tim glenn wasnt but riley and glenn were both running for the ball which was heading to the corner flag, riley stopped and tim glenn chased it but the ref blew so it happened, wasnt my fault riley decided to chase it

i shouldnt have to justify myself anyway as we never moan about dodgy linesman as virtually all clubs favour their own team, dme cheated 1st, so pot kettle black springs to mind, there was no cheating from our linesman in the 1st half but there was from theirs, so as soon as they get a taste of their own medicine, they come on here complaining about it, well i aint being funny but that is a fooking joke
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

saff lounge wrote:

think i only put the flag up half a dozen times in total and you were clearly off on 4 of them and 1 was a ball going to the corner flag, i wouldnt have guaranteed you scoring from there, you are full of crap riley and you know it
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

We all know a striker is NEVER offside anyway Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

saff lounge wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

think i only put the flag up half a dozen times in total and you were clearly off on 4 of them and 1 was a ball going to the corner flag, i wouldnt have guaranteed you scoring from there, you are full of crap riley and you know it

i dont need to say anything more onit except everyone on your team and myn said the same thing as me..and if u think our lino cheated once that dosent giv you the rite to do it loads of times in the second half!your defenders said i was onside on four of the occasions because i cheked my run..it spoils the game and is not fair to the players workin hard on the pitch!

Last edited by strawberry blonde assasin on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

Trying to read that hurts my eyes
Back to top Go down
chopper

chopper

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

saff lounge wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

then dont bother reffing us, i cheated after being cheated that is a FACT, for it to be spun in any other way is out of order, also the fact is riley was off side regular during the 2nd half but he seems to think he was onside everytime, i made maybe 2 mistakes and on 1 of them riley was offside and tim glenn wasnt but riley and glenn were both running for the ball which was heading to the corner flag, riley stopped and tim glenn chased it but the ref blew so it happened, wasnt my fault riley decided to chase it

i shouldnt have to justify myself anyway as we never moan about dodgy linesman as virtually all clubs favour their own team, dme cheated 1st, so pot kettle black springs to mind, there was no cheating from our linesman in the 1st half but there was from theirs, so as soon as they get a taste of their own medicine, they come on here complaining about it, well i aint being funny but that is a fooking joke

Now Now MR KILROY we all know you cant run a line and is intoxicated to much to see the other side of the pitch!
When i saw you running the line the other week you never had a clue then, you done more running than your left back and left winger put together!!! tip for you clown...... you stand still when you put the flag up!!! NOT run along waveing it like mad like you trying to land a jumbo jet!!
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 5:44 pm

Think last season we ended up paying for extra officials in at least 4 games due to it! As players we paid extra subs to make up the funds and no one moaned once! If you are going to play a team that you know full well cheats with the flag pay the extra! Although I have to agree in some cases I think it is more down to not knowing rather than cheating!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

just to clarify, we had extra officials with bakers but only due to importance of the game, no reflection on them!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 5:52 pm

saff lounge wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

You openly admitted to cheating so if i Ref your team and you was the linesman i couldnt trust you to be honest so it would just be throw ins for you,i enjoy Reffing teams with cheat linesmen because it is so funny to watch them on the sidelines getting annoyed because i wont allow them to influence the game unfairly
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

When I officiated, I always thought that running the line was more difficult than reffing and many other refs will agree.

Earlier posts just show how difficult it is to do the job - thank goodness we do not have action replays and know-alls in the commentary box who are never wrong. Maybe, one day the FA will make another regulation to import professional practices to grass roots on this subject as well.

Should the Alliance arrange a course for club linesmen? It would, of course, be chargeable.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

Widds wrote:
just to clarify, we had extra officials with bakers but only due to importance of the game, no reflection on them!

This has just made my day, thank you god.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

i am sure that county FA ran some course to show club linesman how to go on,,,what teams and players should remember that once that person picks up the flag he is helping the referee and if abused by being swore at then it should in my book be treated as the same as if it was a referee....even if they are cheating or just not in complete knowledge of the law, still doesnt give anyone the right to abuse them
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
When I officiated, I always thought that running the line was more difficult than reffing and many other refs will agree.

Earlier posts just show how difficult it is to do the job - thank goodness we do not have action replays and know-alls in the commentary box who are never wrong. Maybe, one day the FA will make another regulation to import professional practices to grass roots on this subject as well.

Should the Alliance arrange a course for club linesmen? It would, of course, be chargeable.
I have to agree Dennis,to run the line correctly is a very hard job which is why i think it is unfair to claim people are cheating when perhaps they are just not equipped to run the line accurately.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

Club linesmen?? Ahh imagine that, manager pulls you to one side....ok, this season, you are key to our success, you need to be fit and i want 90 minutes concentration out of you every week....will you go on a club linesman course?? Cheers then!!

Hellboy - glad to make your day haha
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

not quite widds it was aimed at saturdays mainly but they would have done same for sundays if they had response,,,,a volunteer from the club put his name forward and went on a course for a few hours and then ran line,,,which did help the referee,,even from teh point that he used the flag correctly
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

NRI challenge Bullshead to a football match, NRI V BULLIES.
Greeedy says "We'll win hands down; all the greatest players from round here are in my team."
Widds replies "But we've got the best cheating linesman you could ever wish for.".......joke!!!!!!

remove if offended.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:50 pm

man in black wrote:
i am sure that county FA ran some course to show club linesman how to go on,,,what teams and players should remember that once that person picks up the flag he is helping the referee and if abused by being swore at then it should in my book be treated as the same as if it was a referee....even if they are cheating or just not in complete knowledge of the law, still doesnt give anyone the right to abuse them

fair point but what if the linesman in question actually did cheat? i don't condone swearing at anyone but it becomes a bit of a farcical situation if you punish a player for swearing when he has deliberately been cheated against by someone who is non neutral and biased. None of us like to be cheated out of anything, and it does make everyone angry
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

i agree and its hard to decide whether a linesman is cheating or needs pointing in the right direction,,i have overruled them and even asked them to stand down and let someone else takes over,,,,,,,but still doesnt give anyone the right to show no respect for them,,,,and it only makes our job harder if we get someone who decides to run the line and openly cheat to get their own back,,i once got both captains together and said,,both your linesman are cheating and they are only ruining the game for you as i can just keep blowing every time flag goes up,,,told them it might be good to take a minute and have a word,,,,,sort of worked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

one pet hate (and I have seen it done both from on and off the pitch) is when a linesman fails to flag when his own player has been unable to prevent a ball from going out of play. It might cross the line by a good couple of yards until he manages to bring it back under control and on the pitch yet the linesman turns a 'blind eye'. they don't need a course for that one!
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 3:19 am

the way i see it is , to keep flags down let the linesman stand with the opposite teams defence, to get flags up stick to it as it is, to do it properly get unbiased linesman in, end of story
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 3:23 am

littlebigman wrote:
saff lounge wrote:
littlebigman wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

You openly admitted to cheating so if i Ref your team and you was the linesman i couldnt trust you to be honest so it would just be throw ins for you,i enjoy Reffing teams with cheat linesmen because it is so funny to watch them on the sidelines getting annoyed because i wont allow them to influence the game unfairly

you talk like a ninny, you couldnt ref a fight between tweety pie and sylvester
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 7:46 am

fc hoskins wrote:
happens every week nothing you can do just have to trust him and the referee

It also helps if you actually know the offside laws...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 7:49 am

Stroller wrote:
Trying to read that hurts my eyes

Ha, ha, my thoughts exactly..!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheating Linesman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheating Linesman   Cheating Linesman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheating Linesman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next