Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

So thats the first week done with

Go down 
+15
THE WATCHER
Ramley_LBFC
timmy mallet
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Alfie the Alien
Snash
mowmacre fc
Blackie
Skeems
Joey Barton
bad tekkers
BULLIT
Sparta3
greeeedy
Widds
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

So thats the first week done with Empty
PostSubject: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

So you have played one or two games, whats your thoughts? Any changes in opinions on the division?

Biggest shock for me was the score line in the Bullies game, thought it would be much closer.

As for our division (3), i think its shown that its as tough as we thought, with all except Huncote dropping points amongst those that have played 2.

DME probably not going to be the runaway winners people thought, although result today suggests they will be up there and may still win.
Aylestone Lounge have been nowhere near the force we thought.
Kaffir have pulled off a good win and it looks like they could be a team to beat.

For ourselves, a good performance on Wednesday and then today a good comeback, although both NRI and Magna have the potential for more fluidity in their game.

So what do you think of your first week
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

Widds wrote:
So you have played one or two games, whats your thoughts? Any changes in opinions on the division?

Biggest shock for me was the score line in the Bullies game, thought it would be much closer.

As for our division (3), i think its shown that its as tough as we thought, with all except Huncote dropping points amongst those that have played 2.

DME probably not going to be the runaway winners people thought, although result today suggests they will be up there and may still win.
Aylestone Lounge have been nowhere near the force we thought.
Kaffir have pulled off a good win and it looks like they could be a team to beat.

For ourselves, a good performance on Wednesday and then today a good comeback, although both NRI and Magna have the potential for more fluidity in their game.

So what do you think of your first week

must admit it didnt go the best for us Wink was suprised with the final score meself as i too thought it would be closer but make mistakes against advance and they will put u to the sword plus the fact they never missed a chance and even finished their half chances made it even more difficult for us cus we were non existent in front of goal even more so than in defence lol.
although i fancied advance for the league before the game im struggling to see who is going to beat them after todays performance a top top side and good lads and wish them all the best apart from when they play us at our ground Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 8:25 pm

2 wins from 2 for us (LDA) both of which should have been more comfortable than the scorelines showed. Hopefully we won't self combust like we did last season.

Division 5 looks very open and can't wait to play the likes of Harrow and at marks to see how we're getting on. Carnabys should be a good game too.
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

congrats 2 dme on 1st league win 2day, fink that result in midweek will inspire them 2 go an be the force most people pridicted now! no few of there lads an as long as all turn up every wk [ontime] haha should have strong season...
Back to top Go down
bad tekkers

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

1st week done some things dont change...advance team to beat....barber netting for fun....star&garter lookin very good.....pats gettin smashed.....and hoskins havin an excuse for shortfall "bare 11 and struggling".....
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

Lost 2-1 to Birstall Rangers on weds with 11 players until a sub turned up 20 mins from the end.

Drew 1-1 against Bees Knees yesterday due to playing the 2nd half with only 10 players, 2 of which could barely run due to knocks.

I fear for the future of Superfly, If anybody knows anyone looking for a team please point them in my direction. I'd rather finish bottom of the league then fold us, letting down what committed players I do have!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

Quote :
Lost 2-1 to Birstall Rangers on weds with 11 players until a sub turned up 20 mins from the end.

Drew 1-1 against Bees Knees yesterday due to playing the 2nd half with only 10 players, 2 of which could barely run due to knocks.

I fear for the future of Superfly, If anybody knows anyone looking for a team please point them in my direction. I'd rather finish bottom of the league then fold us, letting down what committed players I do have!

Think we need to rally round here and save superfly if we can.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 12:34 pm

Joey Barton wrote:

You still playing at Western Park for your home games mate??
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

Joey Barton wrote:

If its any consolation Joey, I think most teams struggle for a full squad until the holiday season is well and truly over. Hope you boys don't have to fold, good buch of lads who will definitely finish top half of the table.

Division 4 as a whole is a fairly pointless division now anyway. Hoskins Reserves will walk it. Having played them yesterday, they are better than anyone we played last year (including Star & Garter who only beat us in the last minute of the Billy Walton).

Hoskins are a quality footballing side, physically strong and fair with it - they are simply just too good for the division.

For ourselves we need to get back to our pre-season form where we drew with NRI and beat the run away leaders of Division 5 St. Marks 5-0.

When the manager finally has a chance to pick from a full squad we will give most teams a game. Hopefully we can learn from playing Hoskins early on and be a better side for it.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

hoskins wont walk it the division is very competative and weve played 1 game, the lower divisions are very demanding lots off league games night games always players out plus teams get cup runs which has a affect on league games, lets judge each league after 10games
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

Widds wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

You still playing at Western Park for your home games mate??

Yes mate, Same place your reserves beat Bees Knees.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Cheers mate, It's come to the point where im even thinking of sticking posters in the surrounding shops.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Cheers mate, It's come to the point where im even thinking of sticking posters in the surrounding shops.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
hoskins wont walk it the division is very competative and weve played 1 game, the lower divisions are very demanding lots off league games night games always players out plus teams get cup runs which has a affect on league games, lets judge each league after 10games

Fair point about the cup runs especially as you are in the FA Sunday cup too. A harsh winter and you could well end up playing Wednesay, Friday and Sunday's next April and May!

I was just very impressed with the whole side (even when we did create chances, the keeper pulled off a couple of blinding saves too!)

All things considered I just think Hoskins Reserves will win Division 4 at a canter. Like you say though, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

Wigston Rangers have made a decent start in Div 7, but I think it's too early to call still. I guess we'll know more this time next week!
Back to top Go down
Alfie the Alien

Alfie the Alien

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

Quote :
Wigston Rangers have made a decent start in Div 7, but I think it's too early to call still. I guess we'll know more this time next week!

Division 7 lol, I'm surprised people get out of bed to play at that standard. Horrendous Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Division 7 lol, I'm surprised people get out of bed to play at that standard. Horrendous Razz Razz

Well your boring. I'd rather play at this level than have to associate with ***** such as yourself.
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

dan this alien is an imposter pretending to be a player who has signed on for us who could walk into any team in any div as he played for scrappy last year. the lad is a local lad who has signed because many of his friends play here and this little alien fool is a tad jealous i believe, possibly playing for mdh knights or little bowden but my guess is he is a waterboy/lino
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 8:20 pm

Judging from the press reports I received from Div 7 Alfie, you are very mis-informed about the standard
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

After getting a quote from Scrappy Garage today, i think they are still paying players to stay on their books!! 25% more expensive than the other garage i called!! Pow! Wallet buster!
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Maybe its because people like to play football and have a pint with their mates. Who is it you play for then? If you are that good why are you playing Sunday football in the first place?

Shouldnt you be getting paid to play football in front of hundreds of people? Get a hobby and stop p*****g on the lower leagues, we all have to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Maybe its because people like to play football and have a pint with their mates. Who is it you play for then? If you are that good why are you playing Sunday football in the first place?

Shouldnt you be getting paid to play football in front of hundreds of people? Get a hobby and stop p*****g on the lower leagues, we all have to start somewhere.

is he whistle blower in disguise?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: well said mate   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

well said Ramley
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Bad point, poorly made
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 1:01 am

Snash wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Bad point, poorly made

Just noted your point about us snash, too early to judge from what I hear you boys will be up there come the end of the season, guessing your playing up top with the lightening Jake lowry?
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 8:41 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Snash wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Bad point, poorly made

Just noted your point about us snash, too early to judge from what I hear you boys will be up there come the end of the season, guessing your playing up top with the lightening Jake lowry?

Jake's out on the wing and I played at centre back Sunday! Pleased to get 3 points on Sunday as we had a couple of players missing. Hopefully we will be in the mix come the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

timmy mallet wrote:
dan this alien is an imposter pretending to be a player who has signed on for us who could walk into any team in any div as he played for scrappy last year. the lad is a local lad who has signed because many of his friends play here and this little alien fool is a tad jealous i believe, possibly playing for mdh knights or little bowden but my guess is he is a waterboy/lino

certainly isn't one of us! he seems to have got what he wanted though...why people have bothered entertaining him is beyond me!?
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Not just that - the chances are that players in the lower divisions on a Sunday do not play on a Saturday, making Sundays their only football. Of course you're going to take it seriously.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Widds wrote:
After getting a quote from Scrappy Garage today, i think they are still paying players to stay on their books!! 25% more expensive than the other garage i called!! Pow! Wallet buster!

I wouldn't fancy telling them you aren't happy with the job either.

shaaaabang!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

mthompson08 wrote:
timmy mallet wrote:

certainly isn't one of us! he seems to have got what he wanted though...why people have bothered entertaining him is beyond me!?

Nothing to do with us either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 10:21 am

Fishandchips wrote:

well he's an alien of course.

mind you, you'd be bitter if your girlfriend looked like this.

So thats the first week done with Predators-movie-image-210
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

Snash wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Snash wrote:
Alfie the Alien wrote:
Quote :

Bad point, poorly made

Jake's out on the wing and I played at centre back Sunday! Pleased to get 3 points on Sunday as we had a couple of players missing. Hopefully we will be in the mix come the end of the season.

Haha, centre back! I did that once in a friendly, we lost. Heavily. Looking forward to our game with you. How many are ex hood park?
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

Only I played for Hood Park last season. Jake played the year before as did a couple of others, but that's about it.

I don't think we meet for a few months do we? I don't think it's in the first set of fixtures. Should be an interesting game!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

well he's an alien of course.

mind you, you'd be bitter if your girlfriend looked like this.

So thats the first week done with Predators-movie-image-210

lol! shes to good looking for him
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

you wouldn't risk a b--- job with her would you?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

Hellboy wrote:
you wouldn't risk a b--- job with her would you?

Shocked

i swear down u just took the exact same words from my mouth helly. i quite like looking and seeing ive still got foreskin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

I wouldn't kick her out of bed

Got to take what I can get these days Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
I wouldn't kick her out of bed

Got to take what I can get these days Laughing Laughing

brilliant absolute class Razz
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

lol! i've got tears in my eyes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So thats the first week done with   So thats the first week done with Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So thats the first week done with
Page 1 of 1