Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Rivals

Go down 
+9
Hellboy
tysmith c.n.f.c
Stroller
Fishandchips
saff lounge
mthompson08
Sneijder10
Sparta3
Widds
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

Who are your rivals this year? Not just for trophies, but which team is your local derby? Who do you desperately want to beat? Any friendly rivalries?

I think for us its as follows:

Local Derby has to be against Magna Town who we are pitch sharing with, cant get more local than that.
Teams i really want to beat - I would pick Saffron Lounge, purely because Tommy wouldnt stop going on about it if they beat us!
Friendly rivalries - quite a few of those in our division, but the one that stands out would be Bakers Arms who i have a lot of respect for, mainly in their attitude at the end of last season and after we won the league. Will look forward to this game.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

Having played each of them in the last two seasons, it'll be CSKA, Harrow & Komrska that we would enjoy beating the most.

Also looking forward to QPR as they have a couple of close links. Azul gave us a couple of decent games last year too.

Local rivalry, in terms of location, will be Niffy A. Hopefully they will have improved since we last played them a couple of years ago.

We would LOVE to get Ashby Rovers reserves in the county cup to finally beat them. Two years they've knocked us out of the county cup, both games we outplayed them (I know, that's what they all say!).
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

I wud av to say local rivals will be Harrow this season.

In terms of friendly rivalries there's connections with st.marks and lda spartans (Dikenio struttin his stuff).

Wud of loved to have played talbot again cos we had good banter with them.
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

our main rivals is harborough hotshots. same division, same home ground, same pub afterwards!!! there is a friendly, yet fierce rivalry between us which creates good banter throughout the season.

friendly rivalries would be wigston rangers(although not in same div anymore) and the royalists in div 7. they also play at same home venue.

cup draws could be of interest!!
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

we have to beat aylestone lounge thats the 1 team that we have to beat this season, nothing else matters, be nice to beat new road inn to, just to stop widds going on but i am desperate to beat aylestone lounge
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 12:16 pm

We've always had a friendly rivalry with Magna Town, Also we feel we have something to prove to Saff lounge and NRI who edged us out of winners medals last year.

In terms of geographical rivals we've moved to Harborough this season too so there's Hotshots, Bowden and the Royalist although only chances of playing them are in the Billy Walton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
We've always had a friendly rivalry with Magna Town, Also we feel we have something to prove to Saff lounge and NRI who edged us out of winners medals last year.

In terms of geographical rivals we've moved to Harborough this season too so there's Hotshots, Bowden and the Royalist although only chances of playing them are in the Billy Walton.

well you spanked us once and we got revenge for that so maybe its your turn, i can imagine your players being really up for the 1st game against us and we will have to be up for it ourselves to turn you over, my emotions get the better of me sometimes and perhaps i take the banter too far but i genuinely mean no harm

as for new road inn, i was at the final and in my opinion you were the better team , not by much but i genuinely thought that you shaded it, you were undone by a finish of pure quality,

be really interesting next season, dme, reem and kaffir, epworth and aylestone lounge will all be good teams and as far as im concerned at least 4 of those will make the top 6 if not all 5
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

Throops were are main rivals, formed in the same year and risen through the leagues together, last year we even moved to Aylestone Park just to be nearer to them. They've gone and spoilt it now by getting promoted to Div 1 Razz

After that I guess its Webby's. Both sides made up of mainly Wigston lads so always a bit of banter plus its a really tight game which we have so far failed to come on top in. Hopefully we can change that this season!!
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

LSL shoemakes, where do is start with these.

last season we got so much stick of these it was unreal when they was top of the league a bit of arrogance and big headedness come into play went to watch them play sporting dynamo in the county cup got a bit of stick. they was saying we played everyone in this league and don't see no team beating them it's to easy, then it started all on facebook how they was going to demo us etc, then the remaining fixtures came out and 3 out of 4 weeks we will play the shoemakers mmmm leading up to our league game we had a week of and needed to beat the shoemakers to win the title and we beat them 3-1 to crazy celebrations on the pitch they didnt know were to look, we all got ready after this and went in the shoemakers pub and put we are the champions on great day, the next week we kept hearing the same old tune your guna get mullered in the semi final.......opps they lost 2-1 back down the shoeys to rub more salt in the wounds they went very quiet after this, so we play them again and smash them 8-3 left going the pub as we felt sorry for them in a cup we wasnt to really bothered about final at anstey nomads. the weeks went on without a sound from them until they won the cup at nomads then facebook was booming with stick off them yet again how we are shyte etc cant play football calling us a shambles some of our managers facebook is loitered with shoemakers players galore with stupid comments all cool though but why do it on facebook and not the lsl forum becuase it would make them look stupid lol the rivalry is fierce and friendly on the pitch we fooking hate each other.

we will take all there slobber again through the season and go about are buisness quitely all i can say is carry it on we don't like losing and this fires us up even more...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:

You seen the size of their manager recently?...........my god whats that all about?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

As FishnChips and Widds have said good friendly rivalry in our division this year, will be looking forward to playing both these sides...both got good set of lads and play the game the right way!

Other teams we have good alliance with Sparta Moshdock and Fosse City see what the Billy Walton throws up this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

forgot to mention cup rivalry, would like to play fairfield as i know a lot of them and they are top lads also new road inn 2011 for stealing our team name
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

Hellboy wrote:
You're always concerned with his moobs, why dont you buy him a nice bra, there's a sale on at asda at the minute, plus you could treat yourself to some new underwear, i'm sure you've stained yours up watching them man boobs.
well, someone's got to pay him some attention - it's not as if the birds are queing up is it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Does anyone know if Scrappy garage will definitely be around this year.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 5:31 pm

Quote :

I hope not lol, but they will be i expect, the same happened last season
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

I hope not lol, but they will be i expect, the same happened last season

Razz
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeFri 05 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
You're always concerned with his moobs, why dont you buy him a nice bra, there's a sale on at asda at the minute, plus you could treat yourself to some new underwear, i'm sure you've stained yours up watching them man boobs.
well, someone's got to pay him some attention - it's not as if the birds are queing up is it.

how would you know the birds might like athleticism at the bar and widds certainly ticks all those boxes Laughing so wind ur neck in blower
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:

last season we got so much stick of these it was unreal when they was top of the league a bit of arrogance and big headedness come into play went to watch them play sporting dynamo in the county cup got a bit of stick. they was saying we played everyone in this league and don't see no team beating them it's to easy, then it started all on facebook how they was going to demo us etc, then the remaining fixtures came out and 3 out of 4 weeks we will play the shoemakers mmmm leading up to our league game we had a week of and needed to beat the shoemakers to win the title and we beat them 3-1 to crazy celebrations on the pitch they didnt know were to look, we all got ready after this and went in the shoemakers pub and put we are the champions on great day, the next week we kept hearing the same old tune your guna get mullered in the semi final.......opps they lost 2-1 back down the shoeys to rub more salt in the wounds they went very quiet after this, so we play them again and smash them 8-3 left going the pub as we felt sorry for them in a cup we wasnt to really bothered about final at anstey nomads. the weeks went on without a sound from them until they won the cup at nomads then facebook was booming with stick off them yet again how we are shyte etc cant play football calling us a shambles some of our managers facebook is loitered with shoemakers players galore with stupid comments all cool though but why do it on facebook and not the lsl forum becuase it would make them look stupid lol the rivalry is fierce and friendly on the pitch we fooking hate each other.

we will take all there slobber again through the season and go about are buisness quitely all i can say is carry it on we don't like losing and this fires us up even more...

well advance put em to the sword in the county cup ty didnt they bet that made ur day especially as u lot beat whitick to go through Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rivals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivals   Rivals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rivals
Page 1 of 1