Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for 13th December

Go down 
+23
StoneColdSteveAustin
ex ressys bossman
Jean Claude Van Damme
simplesimon
polska legend
Busyman22
PREM STAR
Skeems
Piemasterflash
grotbags
Mike Bassett
Screech Powers
Declan Swan
Jimmyb
TAURUS
Lodge
Rajiv14
dee_aitcho
Doc Brown
gattuso
tottenham1
man in black
Aussie Owl
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 7:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
That was the most obvious penalty iv ever seen, think you lot were lucky to finish with 11 men. some shocking late tackles, fouls when through on goal and that vicious headbutt in the melee at the end Shocked

Ha ha - poor losers. So who you blaming for the defeat Jimmyb, the ref or the Sporting Wigston players? Maybe you should blame yourselves?

It could cost you if you don't start taking responsibility for your results, Declan's seen the light.

It's just banter mate! Why you have to go all serious on me all of a sudden!? We were all joking in the pub after the game. We've only got ourselves to blame, missed to many chances, me included. Gave them pretty crappy goals too. Nice to have some interested fans on the sidelines all the same.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 7:53 pm

[quote="Piemasterflash"]
Doc Brown wrote:
Fosse 2 Sporting 3 - County Cup Fixture

Sporting playing spoiling tactics, 9 men behind the ball, playing long balls to Jeyesy, and using Nathan Williams pace to get in behind them.

Fosse much the better team, but blaming the ref for everything. Imo if the Fosse players looked at themselves rather than looking for excuses, they'd have won today.

Obviously kept a close on the game as 2 of naths goals came form the right wing set up by a midfielder with balls along the deck and the other with a trough ball from a middle also on the deck! No long balls today! But there was a lot of fosse moaning![/quote]

Alot of both teams moaning! As there always seems to be between us 2!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 7:54 pm

[quote="Jimmyb"]
Piemasterflash wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Fosse 2 Sporting 3 - County Cup Fixture

Sporting playing spoiling tactics, 9 men behind the ball, playing long balls to Jeyesy, and using Nathan Williams pace to get in behind them.

Fosse much the better team, but blaming the ref for everything. Imo if the Fosse players looked at themselves rather than looking for excuses, they'd have won today.

Obviously kept a close on the game as 2 of naths goals came form the right wing set up by a midfielder with balls along the deck and the other with a trough ball from a middle also on the deck! No long balls today! But there was a lot of fosse moaning![/quote]

Alot of both teams moaning! As there always seems to be between us 2!

mainly from that fosse number 4 think his name was james or summit Wink
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 8:22 pm

Fosse number 4 was Graham Jones, strange, he doesn't usually moan much
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:41 pm

Welford Victoria 5-5 Magna 73 Rangers

On paper 5-5 sounds like a cracking game but it was a game littered with mistakes.
Bomber with a cracking free kick, and 2 a piece from Kirk Holland and Pete Quinn
4-2 up at half time and then 5-4 up into injury time we should have won but the ref was determined that we would not be allowed the 3pts.

The Referee gave them an injury time penalty

It was never a penalty. No one appealed not one player from Welford appealed in fact the referee was so rubbish and poorly placed he gave a freekick at first and then when a welford player told him it was in the area he pointed to the spot.

I have 2 questions for the league

1. Why was a referee from Market Harborough (practically next door to welford) chosen to officiate this game, I genuinly had concerns when I found this out, I wish I had aired them before

2. Is it acceptable for a referee to know the all of the opposition by first names and then be involved in there half time team talk?

Granted we were rubbish 2nd half and should never have been in the position where a penalty would have levelled the game.

Then he dished out Yellow cards like confetti.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 6:53 pm

In question 1 you actually answer your own question in the brackets.

Question 2 is fine too.

Next question.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:40 pm

So its okay then if our home games are refereed by a ref from Blaby or countesthorpe then
Back to top Go down
PREM STAR

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

If he is the ref I,m thinking of, he is'nt capable to keep up with the top 2 divisions .No disrespect to lower division's but the ref as to be as good as the players ,but thanks for turning up ref,(now ask Tommy for Division 2 and lower). Wink
Back to top Go down
Busyman22

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:21 pm

Two sides to every story and all that...

Firstly, the ref knew 2 of our players through some Mkt Harborough 5aside league. We all called him Mark because we've had him before and we know his name. When you know someone's name you tend to refer to him by it! There's a difference between us knowing him and him knowing us. I'd say its pretty common for sundays teams to know most of the refs they have.

Him being involved in our half time team talk was the most laughable comment. Both sides were within 10 yards of each other and he was no more involved in ours as he was yours.

And the penalty was a penalty. What your defender was doing God only knows. None of us had to appeal because he gave it instantly and we then pointed out it was in the box and he gave a peno. I agree that its not the sort of thing you normally get a peno for but you see referee's at ALL levels not giving penalties for things that would be a free kick if outside the box. Again it doesnt mean it shouldnt be a peno when it happens.

He dished the yellow cards out deservedly. He could have given our keeper a red for what he said (albeit in frustration at Bomber taking the laces out of the ball and getting away with it) and then your two strikers abused him until he had no choice either. He was possibly too lenient to your players when your were bitching at him earlier in the game and if he'd have carded someone then it might not have got to that stage.

I'd say a point each was fair really. Good luck for the rest of the season. I am sure you will go up from what is a much poorer division this year and in Bomber, you have the best player in the division by a distance. And he knows it.
Back to top Go down
PREM STAR

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:08 pm

MARK,mmmmmmmm I wonder who that cud be.lolnot the 1 who booked a player for a shoulder barge wot ended up the player going into his daughter on the line.the answer was well it is MY DAUGHTER .mmmmmmm.and she was well looked after by the Wigston supporters.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:18 am

dont think we could actually go down the line of not putting referees on games they live local to at this level of football. i know one referee in harborough that works in rugby and had to work sunday afternoons and would ask not to be too far away from the area so he can cover football and work.

as for knowing players, after a few years in the same league you do get to know players and they do chat and do look over friendly. this happens at all level of football, however should not distract from still officiating fairly, sometime knowing the player can help a ref sell a decision because he can talk use his name and it looks more respectful....

having read the posts we obviously have two sides to the story and unless you were there to see it would be very difficult to make a judgement on either teams or referee performance

Smile
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:14 am

This all sounds like sour grapes on our part - and we are not that sort of club, we are just very frustrated that this was allowed to happen.

Quote :
I'd say a point each was fair really. Good luck for the rest of the season. I am sure you will go up from what is a much poorer division this year and in Bomber, you have the best player in the division by a distance. And he knows it.
I completely agree with this comment, its the most sensible thing you have said. The Division isn't up to the standard of some other divisions but Moshdock, Parva and Welford are strong teams and it will be a tough battle to the end of the season.

Last edited by Magna 73 Sec on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

Countesthorpe folk renowned pothunting people, no loyalty just empty shells of people alien
Back to top Go down
simplesimon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:46 pm

Mike Bassett wrote:
TAURUS wrote:
Wigston United 3 Birstall Athletic 6

A disapointing performance from the Wigston lads,who seemed to lack interest and inspiration.
With Birstall forced to put defender Luke Day in goal,he wasnt really tested by the Wigston players throughout the game.
Both teams had a number of chances with Wigston having two cleared off the goal line in the first half,and Birstall having a number of easy chances in the second half which they failed to convert.
This game could have gone either way,with the scoreline at Wigston 2 Birstall 3 and only about 15 minutes to play,but Birstall edged in front in the last few minutes to put them through to the next round.
With no game now until the 3 January,we hope for better things to come in the new year.

Merry Christmas to you all

I agree with you Taurus, the Wigston lads looked very quiet today. Ash Day ran the show for Birstall though and scored a very good second goal - looked like Ryan Robins was quiet also today but still managed a couple of goals for Birstall.
::up the wiggo
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:01 pm

Could I please have a honest report about the Fosse v Sporting Wigston game, I have been away for a while and have mised watching the Alliance div 4 games. Also, can you please inform me of how Magna ZZZ are doing, I hope its awful.
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:24 pm

Sporting won 3-2 bit of a battle! Foose missed a penalty, sporting hit the bar! Spoting went 1 up then 1-1,sporting got to 3-1 then fosse bagged in the last 5! Loads of moaning and diving from fosse obviously bitter about loosing twice to sporting this season (and yes they did spank us the other week but very uncharacteristic display) think we are 2 very closely matched teams!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/sportingwigston
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 5:31 pm

It was a far better performance from Sporting this time round. I think their aim was to try to battle in the middle and then get the ball forward as quck as possible to try and catch us out because we're an adventurous side.

Fact of the matter is, we should have been 2-0 up in 10 minutes. Missed a penalty, had a goal disallowed, two cleared off the line and had several other chances to boot. It could have been 9-3 in all fairness, but credit to Sporting because they battled well.

All the best in the next round.
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:28 pm

Or from a neutrals perspective...

Sporting just a long ball team that play off the strength of Jeyes and the pace of Nathan Williams up front. Fosse are the biggest bunch of moaners in division 4 and the antics of some of their players was disgraceful. Fosse were the better team, but i found myself willing Sporting to win due to the behaviour of some of the Fosse lads.

Sporting won't go much further in that cup - nobody will fear playing them. Fosse are the easiest team to play against, keep things tight and they'll self destruct.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:43 pm

Couldn't possibly comment on if we are the easiest side to play against. I'd assume at present, the table speaks for itself. If we start dropping down the table then I guess you may have a point.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Or from a neutrals perspective...

Sporting just a long ball team that play off the strength of Jeyes and the pace of Nathan Williams up front. Fosse are the biggest bunch of moaners in division 4 and the antics of some of their players was disgraceful. Fosse were the better team, but i found myself willing Sporting to win due to the behaviour of some of the Fosse lads.

Sporting won't go much further in that cup - nobody will fear playing them. Fosse are the easiest team to play against, keep things tight and they'll self destruct.

il put money on us going further
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:13 pm

Yes Fosse moaned alot, but with good reason. Sporting or any team would have been the same if they had been on the wrong end of so many decisions in a big game like sunday. Everytime we did get a free kick for a foul the sinned against player recieved abuse from 3 or 4 sporting players, even after the most blatent of fouls.

I hope Sporting go far in the cups because i know they'd prefer cup success over doing well in the league. They've got a good team and will give anyone a good game on their day (even if they were a tad fortunate on sunday!)
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:09 pm

Teams moan , players moan, fosse are good lads, will win the league.
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:14 pm

i think humbo for that div 4 fosse had a great start but seem to have lost there way the last couple off weeks,
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:19 pm

ex ressys bossman wrote:
i think humbo for that div 4 fosse had a great start but seem to have lost there way the last couple off weeks,

played both and would still say fosse
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:46 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Yes Fosse moaned alot, but with good reason. Sporting or any team would have been the same if they had been on the wrong end of so many decisions in a big game like sunday. Everytime we did get a free kick for a foul the sinned against player recieved abuse from 3 or 4 sporting players, even after the most blatent of fouls.

I hope Sporting go far in the cups because i know they'd prefer cup success over doing well in the league. They've got a good team and will give anyone a good game on their day (even if they were a tad fortunate on sunday!)

You speak the language of a true, fully accomplished prima donna. Never taking responsibility for your own lack of effort, because that's what cost you the game - not the referee, not the linesman or the Sporting boys for being nasty to you. Crying or Very sad

I think Fosse will still win the league, but i believe Humbo will wipe the floor with you in their games (especially when they get Joe Geary and Keiren Hill back) Like Sporting, they won't role over when you start crying about bad tackles.
Back to top Go down
StoneColdSteveAustin

StoneColdSteveAustin

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:48 pm

division four how boring.
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:06 pm

Calling yourself StoneColdSteveAustin and writing on message forums - how exciting!?! I love you

I wish i was you
Back to top Go down
StoneColdSteveAustin

StoneColdSteveAustin

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:11 pm

anythings more exciting than the shoddy excuse of div 4.

dont everyone wish they were stone cold,

Try lacing my boots Wink
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:14 pm

Even division 5??

At least the lads in division 4 like a bit of banter, there's not much banter coming from any other division.

You're preaching to the converted Stonecold I love you
Back to top Go down
StoneColdSteveAustin

StoneColdSteveAustin

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:21 pm

you a pothunter then doc?

i wouldnt say the "whole of div 4" maybe fosse and sporting.
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 9:11 am

ex ressys bossman wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
The Rock

The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

Stone Cold...It doesnt matter what you think...!!!!!! IF YA SMEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE RRRRRRRRROCK IS COOOOOOKING............
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:36 pm

Well, i can appreciate some moaning towards a ref. Sounds like Fosse needs to accept when they have been beaten and maybe congratulate their opponents, after all, a 9 goal beating was given a couple of weeks ago by the same team...so well done.

looking at the comments and current form, it does look like Fosse could see silverware this season though.
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:37 pm

ps the rock, very funny.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StoneColdSteveAustin

StoneColdSteveAustin

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:48 pm

The Rock wrote:
Stone Cold...It doesnt matter what you think...!!!!!! IF YA SMEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE RRRRRRRRROCK IS COOOOOOKING............

If you wanna see Stone Cold Steve Austin open up a can of whoop-ass, give me a *hell* yeah! and thats the bottommmmmmm lineeeeee causee stoneeee colddddddd saiddddddd sooooooo....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:57 pm

The Rock, a poor mans Stone Cold.

To be the man...you gotta beat the man... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:11 pm

is this a football forum or a sad wrestling chat room?
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:28 pm

Probably both mate, any way, hows your pitch is it ok?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 6:27 pm

Forget StoneCold and The Rock the real Legend is Macho Man Randy Savage
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 6:37 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Forget StoneCold and The Rock the real Legend is Macho Man Randy Savage

Its the ultimate warrior for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/sportingwigston
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 13th December   Banter for 13th December - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for 13th December
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next