Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 3 April

Go down 
+18
saff lounge
Skeems
dezza
norty14
greeeedy
Hellboy
THE MAGICIAN
AHC
Corridor of Uncertainty
Jim royle
NiffyA
Tomassi
mjsajs08
tysmith c.n.f.c
Widds
spartano1
Sparta3
Gordon
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 3 April Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 8:19 am

The run in begins - are you still in contention?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:09 pm

Harrow 1 - 1 Sparta Parva Res

Both goals were pens. Very close game that could have gone either way. Happy to be back playing the way we should do especially defensively, after giving Komrska 4 goals last week we managed to limit Harrow to 1 or 2 real chances. Marking their dangermen out of the game made it easier for us to get into the game.

Was very open in the last 10 but nether team really created a proper chance.

Well played Harrow.
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:15 pm

magna 2008 6-2 sparta

rutter 2

only had 10 men today due to people letting us down, enough said
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

Yes Gordon! We certainly are! boing! Niffy prob best team in our division. However, thought we deserved a win. Their keeper was fantastic, best keeper we have come up against. Only thing he could do with improving is his goal scoring record! Now tgod have folded i think i am top scoring keeper! Great set of lads at niffy. Play hard and good players. May the best team win the league-and that includes other teams competing
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:24 pm

Widds wrote:
Yes Gordon! We certainly are! boing! Niffy prob best team in our division. However, thought we deserved a win. Their keeper was fantastic, best keeper we have come up against. Only thing he could do with improving is his goal scoring record! Now tgod have folded i think i am top scoring keeper! Great set of lads at niffy. Play hard and good players. May the best team win the league-and that includes other teams competing
how did you score mate?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

Up for a corner last minute mate.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:47 pm

Widds wrote:

well done widds!!! big celebrations?
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:49 pm

Widds wrote:
ha ha ha bullit header. well played. its up 4 grabs know.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Harrow 1 - 1 Sparta Parva Res

Both goals were pens. Very close game that could have gone either way. Happy to be back playing the way we should do especially defensively, after giving Komrska 4 goals last week we managed to limit Harrow to 1 or 2 real chances. Marking their dangermen out of the game made it easier for us to get into the game.

Was very open in the last 10 but nether team really created a proper chance.

Well played Harrow.

I was very pleased about this game... I finally got Fieldy back after all these years... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:05 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Widds wrote:

well done widds!!! big celebrations?

Never seen celebrations like it. I was playing on the next pitch and the celebrations seem to go on for several minutes. Think the peno save from the niffy keeper in the first half was a telling point in the game.

Niffy 1st against moshdock - 6-0 loss - definitely the most 1 sided game I've been involved in this season.
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

Telling points? Peno save, NRI going down to 10 men!
All round I think nri deserved the win but obviously happy in the end the title is still up for grabs though may the best team win!
Back to top Go down
Corridor of Uncertainty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

We were on the next pitch against Bullshead, was a brilliant header from the keeper, the funniest moment was his face when he landed n realised he'd netted, classic. Great celebrations. My only question is why is this lad not up top, looks a menace in the air!!
Back to top Go down
AHC

AHC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:32 pm

Fosse V Throops

I think Throops were suffering abit of a hangover from Wed nights semi final, played poor today. 3-2 up at HT but had to score last minute goal to secure the draw. Should have buried the match in the first half but bad shooting and poor defending allowed Fosse back in game!

Good victory for Sunbury makes the run to the end of the season a tight one, CR, Webbys, Sunbury and Throops all looking for some big wins in the coming matches!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

Corridor of Uncertainty wrote:
We were on the next pitch against Bullshead, was a brilliant header from the keeper, the funniest moment was his face when he landed n realised he'd netted, classic. Great celebrations. My only question is why is this lad not up top, looks a menace in the air!!

EPIC CELEBRATIONS, lol...........his eyes looked liked he had popped 10 pills, lmao...........Still alot to play for, maybe we got carried away with the draw but I believe we deserved a win, so it was more of relief than anything else, our destiny is still in our own hands.

For the record, Niffy keeper was absolutely awesome today until he met the SALMON..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

EPIC CELEBRATIONS, lol...........his eyes looked liked he had popped 10 pills, lmao...........Still alot to play for, maybe we got carried away with the draw but I believe we deserved a win, so it was more of relief than anything else, our destiny is still in our own hands.

For the record, Niffy keeper was absolutely awesome today until he met the SALMON..... Shocked

Salmon?.....are you sure it wasn't like an elephant seal?............get in there.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

Corridor of Uncertainty wrote:

simply the greatest buzz i have had in Sunday football! Better than winning at Holmes park lol fairly sure my old dear has enjoyed mothers day lunch talking about my bullet header all lunch! Like i say tho, great game that we enjoyed, very competitive and i think more twists. Unlucky bullies on next pitch, all seem top lads, think i spoke to your manager in first half and he was sound
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 4:11 pm

advance 4-2 bullies

very even game today 2 silly mistakes cost us dearly a draw would've been a fair reflection i think but mistakes against these cost u its as simple as that. like to say advance lads are a great bunch and i hope they can win the league. nri on next pitch to us before i mention the obvious rocket header just like to say well done to niffy keeper absolutely outstanding and if not for him nri wouldve definately won. widds well what can i say great header mate and thoroughly deserved in my opinion super celebrations aswell shame the ref had to try ending them good luck for the rest of the games and hope u win the league mate. Wink
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 4:48 pm

saffron lounge bar 2 qpr 2
1 0 down at half time, lounge bar hit the bar twice and were the better team. we were missing alot of regulars again, but great chance for the fringe lads and they played well. second half we started to play and went 2 1 up. another assist for me with another long ball Laughing
hanging on a bit at the end, don't think lounge bar expected a game, but looking at the predictions each week, everyone always expects us to get a spanking
lounge bar scored with a minute to go, sloppy marking from a corner.
always going to be hard when the ref was on first name basis with the saff lads, alot went in their favour or got 'missed' as he wasn't looking but hey, thats sunday football for you.
deserved more but 3 draws against top 3 teams over last few weeks when we should have won wasn't bad for a team that is too weak to compete with the big boys.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

Magna 4 v 0 sporting highcross

Well what can I say played the first half with 10 men again and was 3-0 down and of the 10 I think 4 of them were only making there 2nd or 3rd appearance of the season so not exactly regulars unfortunately we have lost 8 of what was our starting 11 at the beginning of the season. 4 being banned cos there idiots, 1 shot,1 cartilage,1 gone travelling and another now working sundays and just recently a lot of people becoming let downs so what was looking to be a good season has been ruined and we are now just trying to complete the fixtures and its because of this and my personal circumstances that we will be resigning from the league at the end of the season as no one to run the team now like to say now really enjoyed playing in the league and against everyone!!

Anyway back to the game magna got deserved win for taking their chances in the first half although I think we had better of the second half but couldn't finish!! Also ryan ogden has got be fairest player I've seen on a sunday morning after a thunderbolt hit dean edwards on his hand (not intentional) the ref awarded a penalty and was about to send dean off until ryan went to the ref and defended dean and said he shouldn't be sent off resulting in the ref issuing a yellow card!! Well done magna good display and good bunch of lads
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:11 pm

Thats a massive shame Dezza, you boys are a decent outfit and you seem a sound bloke. All the best and hope it doesnt mean the end of your involvement in Sunday football
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:14 pm

greeeedy wrote:
advance 4-2 bullies

very even game today 2 silly mistakes cost us dearly a draw would've been a fair reflection i think but mistakes against these cost u its as simple as that. like to say advance lads are a great bunch and i hope they can win the league. nri on next pitch to us before i mention the obvious rocket header just like to say well done to niffy keeper absolutely outstanding and if not for him nri wouldve definately won. widds well what can i say great header mate and thoroughly deserved in my opinion super celebrations aswell shame the ref had to try ending them good luck for the rest of the games and hope u win the league mate. Wink

Cheers pal, i thought you boys looked their equal from the bits i saw mate, you have a black lad up front who looks very sharp (only saw bits obviously!)

Did the ref try to stop the celebrations? I couldnt see coz of the blood speckles in my eyes after running so far lol
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

Dezza, thats a shame but unfortunately thats what this division can do to you. We play you final game of the season so a real party atmosphere at the Co-op ground for the last ever game for FC Sporting Highcross!!

All the best for the future. I wasn't at the game today as you know so I can not comment.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Widds wrote:
how did you score mate?

i knew it wasn't from a kick deep down lol!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:22 pm

Tables, Results, Scorers and Match report now on site

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Banner_Match_Reports.html
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:43 pm

norty14 wrote:
saffron lounge bar 2 qpr 2
1 0 down at half time, lounge bar hit the bar twice and were the better team. we were missing alot of regulars again, but great chance for the fringe lads and they played well. second half we started to play and went 2 1 up. another assist for me with another long ball Laughing
hanging on a bit at the end, don't think lounge bar expected a game, but looking at the predictions each week, everyone always expects us to get a spanking
lounge bar scored with a minute to go, sloppy marking from a corner.
always going to be hard when the ref was on first name basis with the saff lads, alot went in their favour or got 'missed' as he wasn't looking but hey, thats sunday football for you.
deserved more but 3 draws against top 3 teams over last few weeks when we should have won wasn't bad for a team that is too weak to compete with the big boys.

not sure what game you were watching mate, yes fairplay a few of us knew the ref, i thought about asking tommy to change the ref, not because of him helping us but because i knew he would be against us and that is exactly how it turned out, do you remember how your 1st goal came about ? because i certainly do, now can you tell me anything the ref got wrong that favoured us ? because i certainly cant

as for the game, saff lounge dominated but i cant say that we played well enough in the final third, you defended well in the 2nd half and got a few decisions in your favour, all in all we are not firing like we were before the county cup final, must be said we created about 6 chances after i came on for the last 15, think i should play a bit more
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:49 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Dezza, thats a shame but unfortunately thats what this division can do to you. We play you final game of the season so a real party atmosphere at the Co-op ground for the last ever game for FC Sporting Highcross!!

All the best for the future. I wasn't at the game today as you know so I can not comment.

Yeah defo have to have a party atmosphere at final game haha

To be honest with you kev its not the division that's causing us a problem as when we have our strongest side I think we are capable of beating anyone the main reason for us finishing is I'll be having my son and daughter at the weekends so can't committ to the football well not in the way I do now which is do everything lol and we can't get anyone else to run the side!!! Things that are happening with players you expect on a sunday morning just seems like anything that can happen is at happening at the minute haha

And widds defo won't be end of my involvement in sunday football will probs be helping out somewhere else next season when I can just not sure where yet!!
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

can't remember too much about the first goal apart from my 75 yard pass. i do remember numerous offside calls first half that were never offside (but that happens every week, you kind of expect it) rember your player grabbing our lad round the neck and pushing him in his face but our player got the talking to, remember a lot of late tackles that got waved on and remember your lads getting mouthy with the ref but nothing said and when i appealed for a free kick after our lad was kicked whilst on the floor, he booked me for constant appealing? happends most weeks but when the ref seems to be giving against us each week its hard to stay quiet.

as for our defending, we've had plenty of practice this year!! it feels like the alamo each week Very Happy

all the best for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
rockets never die

rockets never die

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

norty14 wrote:
can't remember too much about the first goal apart from my 75 yard pass. i do remember numerous offside calls first half that were never offside (but that happens every week, you kind of expect it) rember your player grabbing our lad round the neck and pushing him in his face but our player got the talking to, remember a lot of late tackles that got waved on and remember your lads getting mouthy with the ref but nothing said and when i appealed for a free kick after our lad was kicked whilst on the floor, he booked me for constant appealing? happends most weeks but when the ref seems to be giving against us each week its hard to stay quiet.

as for our defending, we've had plenty of practice this year!! it feels like the alamo each week Very Happy

all the best for the rest of the season

i remember the ref telling someone to shut there trap!!
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

75 yard pass, straight after your lad blatantly kicked the ball out for a corner which we didnt get, as for your lad getting kicked whilst on the floor that was me and i was also on the floor, that was just a 50-50, numerous offsides i counted 3 as i ran the line, tell your lads to stay onside and the flag wont go up, how is the ref cheating there all refs give the offsides, your flag went up quite a lot to, the ref favoured you not us, you got a goal from a bad refereeing decision we didnt
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 6:59 pm

Change the subject please.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 7:16 pm

75 yard pass after your lad fouled one of ours, yes it was a corner, which was about 3 mins earlier, so confused how that contributed to our goal but ref gave that not lino and offsides were your boys calling and the flag went up regardless.
50- 50 was won by our defender, he was on the floor and played the ball out and if it was you, you kicked him well after the ball was played. ref gave offsides because you flagged, never said ref cheated by this, said he favoured you throughout. yes ref told me to shut my trap and i asked how it was fair to kick someone after the ball had gone? when one of your team mates gets kicked on the floor, you do wonder why the ref hadn't gave it, so did question it. lost count the amount of times your boys did the same or worse and got nothing?

don't want it to get personal boys was a good result for us after the predictions we faced and the results from the previous 2 games against u, just a shame the little things always add up and count against us (in my opinion) Very Happy
everybody is entitled to a view of the game and this was just how i saw it
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 9:51 pm

Birstall 1:4 MDH Knights
A decent performance today, not spectacular but definitely enough done for the 3 points I thought. Went ahead deservedly before a slightly contentious penalty (laws of the game i would say it was however 95% of the time they don't get given) made it even on the stroke of half time.
Regrouped at half time and weathered a few minutes of Birstall pressure before getting on top to take the game out of reach.
Good luck to the lads in the run in and theyv got the ability to take some points off of top sides when they turn up
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

magna 6 - 2 sparta

i missed the first half hour it was 2-1 when i tuened up! sparta only had 10 men but were all over us for the last 15 mins of 1st half and went in at 2-2 second half was 1 way traffic as the extra man told and ended up 6-2!!

edited by Moderator
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:38 am

norty14 wrote:
75 yard pass after your lad fouled one of ours, yes it was a corner, which was about 3 mins earlier, so confused how that contributed to our goal but ref gave that not lino and offsides were your boys calling and the flag went up regardless.
50- 50 was won by our defender, he was on the floor and played the ball out and if it was you, you kicked him well after the ball was played. ref gave offsides because you flagged, never said ref cheated by this, said he favoured you throughout. yes ref told me to shut my trap and i asked how it was fair to kick someone after the ball had gone? when one of your team mates gets kicked on the floor, you do wonder why the ref hadn't gave it, so did question it. lost count the amount of times your boys did the same or worse and got nothing?

don't want it to get personal boys was a good result for us after the predictions we faced and the results from the previous 2 games against u, just a shame the little things always add up and count against us (in my opinion) Very Happy
everybody is entitled to a view of the game and this was just how i saw it

you implied that the ref cheated in our favour, which is completely wrong, dont forget you got away with 2 handballs in your own box, as for the kick yes i caught him but he also caught me and we both had a joke about it straight after it happened, you scored your goal straight from the goal kick which should have been a corner, im not knocking the ref and i have regularly found over the years that if a ref knows your players he goes against to try and show that he is being impartial and i believe that is exactly how the game panned out, also your linesmans flag went up a lot in the 1st half especially, the ref never overruled your linesman once
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 3 April   Banter for Sunday 3 April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 3 April
Page 1 of 1