Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Penalty or not?

Go down 
+10
mbinblack
Ando
Hellboy
Dodgy
Alan Partridge
Widds
man in black
Sparta3
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Fishandchips
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

Got a scenario from our game last week and curious as to if the ref got it right........

Attacker touches the ball past his man in the box, ball stays in play but in running round the def he steps 1/2 yard off the pitch, where the def deliberately brings him down so he can't continue his run?

our ref played on saying the incident was off the pitch so outside of the box and no penalty leaving our player frustrated and the def chuckling to himself at getting away with it??

Is this the correct decision or not?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

Wow thats a tough one, you can't give a penalty as its not on the pitch, but you could send the defender off for a cynical foul. I am sure you can still be booked or sent off whilst not on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 4:53 pm

Surely it's still a foul, and punishable as such. Whether it would be a penalty or not i don't know?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

if a player accidently steps of the pitch and back on again as part of his run he is deemed not to have left the pitch,
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 7:28 pm

Clive, is there anything you don't know lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 9:21 pm

So is it a penalty Clive? I am a qualified ref and I am not sure in reading it!! But at the time if I was there and saw it I would probably have given it truth be told!!
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:09 pm

I was told of this incident on Wednesday and an experianced ref that was with us said as it was off the pitch it wasnt a penalty

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:19 pm

Interesting
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 10:50 am

if a player leaves the field of play without ref permission he can be cautioned, however he is not cautioned if it is part of natural play..if a player goes off field of play behind goal line and steps back on and receives the ball he is classed as being in an offside position as he left the field as part of his natural path,,,so if he stepped off and was going to come back on, as i said before he is not deemed to have left the pitch
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:02 am

Penalty then Clive? Dont think he got the chance to come back on the pitch by the sound of things becuas he was brought down off it
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Fishandchips wrote:

Got a scenario from our game last week and curious as to if the ref got it right........

Attacker touches the ball past his man in the box, ball stays in play but in running round the def he steps 1/2 yard off the pitch, where the def deliberately brings him down so he can't continue his run?

our ref played on saying the incident was off the pitch so outside of the box and no penalty leaving our player frustrated and the def chuckling to himself at getting away with it??

Is this the correct decision or not?

Cheers

its a nano second decision, all refs are individuals and have to make split second judgments....can understand why you'd ask though, its just one of them things that could go either way on the day.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:14 am

I'm still not 100% sure if Clive is saying it should be penalty or not, by the laws of the game or in his opinion. Clive?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:41 am

this is only my opinion as its whats call YHTBT,,,,( you have to be there)

sounds as if he was still running and not bought down he would have ran back on piitch and attempted to carry on the attack,,,,,my gut reaction on reading the scenario is you could give the penalty and not get much grief about whether he was on the pitch or not
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 1:54 pm

i can fully understand why the ref didn't give it but personally i would have (not just because it was us on the attack lol) but it was a very good goal scoring chance denied by a clear foul, think the general concenus is it could go either way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 5:37 pm

I think it could have gone either way, you really needed to have seen the incident yourself.

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ando

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

Personally if that happened in a game I was refereeing I'd caution the player and give an indirect freekick parallel with where the foul was taken i.e. on the byline!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

indirect free kick for what?
Back to top Go down
Ando

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 10:40 pm

Well its a technical foul not a penal so it would be for obstruction.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 7:05 am

not if there was contact as the scenario seems to point to,,,becomes a penal offence
Back to top Go down
Ando

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

But you cant give a penalty for obstruction...
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

but it wasnt obstruction the scenario set was that "the def he steps 1/2 yard off the pitch, where the def deliberately brings him down so he can't continue his run?" so not obstruction but a deliberate foul
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

and the debate lingers on
Back to top Go down
mbinblack

mbinblack

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

Have to agree with Clive ( YHTBT ) Think its a case of your dammed if you do and your dammed if you don't, just a normal day then for a Referee me thinks
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

Ando wrote:
But you cant give a penalty for obstruction...
This should never be classed as obstruction,it sounds like a penalty to me and at least a caution to the defender Very Happy
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

it is not now called obstruction,,correct term is impeding the progress of an opponent,,however once there is contact it becomes a foul
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 9:39 am

man in black wrote:
it is not now called obstruction,,correct term is impeding the progress of an opponent,,however once there is contact it becomes a foul
Come on Clive,it is still obstruction just like Assistant Referees are still Linesmen!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 11:42 am

know what you says littlebigman but just being clever and quoting the law,,,,however in this case he says defender definatly fouls him ........
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 4:18 pm

its a PENALTY end of
Back to top Go down
the-cannon

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

an answer to a three and a half year old question - not a penalty!

Its a drop ball at the point at which the ref would have stopped play for the off field offence.

The player can be sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity or booked for other offence.

A penalty can't be given as it is a requirement that a free kick be taken from the point where the offence took place (and a penalty if within the penalty area)
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2015, 4:42 pm

Another answer a playing cannot comitt a foul or be fouled of the field of play so if defender tripped him over outside the White line and ball stays in play then it's play on
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm

It's same as if a sub trips a player over while standing on side line it's unfair sportsmanship can be booked and drop ball but only on referee decision
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Penalty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penalty or not?   Penalty or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penalty or not?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Alliance League :: Ask The Ref-
Jump to: