Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

What would you rather win?

Go down 
+8
Jimmyb
EJT09
bumble
phil_brown
Hellboy
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Paulo
Katie G
12 posters

Would you rather win cup or league?
League
What would you rather win? I_vote_lcap33%What would you rather win? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Cup
What would you rather win? I_vote_lcap67%What would you rather win? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

What would you rather win? Empty
PostSubject: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:47 pm

After speaking with some of the Saffron Lounge lads, and also the Sparta Lads, i wondered what peoples thoughts were on winning either a league or a cup?
Avoiding the obvious of stating 'i want to win both', would you prefer the glory of cup or league? And why...?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:59 am

Holmes Park is a great day out!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:31 am

Yeah have to agree, never won a league but the occassion of a final night cant be beaten i dont think
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:44 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Yeah have to agree, never won a league but the occassion of a final night cant be beaten i dont think

Definitely agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 10:43 am

Surprises me, i would choose league every day of the week, like you say, Holmes park is a great night out, but winning the league makes you the best in your division through the whole season, cups can be won on a good draw....fair play though...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

Swings and roundabouts, do you get a cup for winning your league?..county cup is a bigger bag to win, i'd be happy with either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:42 am

I guess the county cup is like the champs league, league is obviously the league, league cup is fa cup and then the stokes etc are Carling cup? Still would prefer league to champs. But Yup, any silver would be splendid!
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:58 am

County Cup is really good, I think day of final has a say on it though
Back to top Go down
bumble

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

Cup all day long - can't beat a Friday night cup final under the floodlights then on the ale celebrating until the game on the Sunday morning
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 5:24 pm

Cup as the whole experience is great. I was privelidged to play in 2 cup finals in 1 season couple year back and the whole team was buzzing on both days. There's a whole different atmosphere for cup finals compared to the leage
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 10:29 pm

Having won both the league and a cup last season, the victory at Holmes Park was definately more satisfying, although winning the league could be considered a bigger achievement considering it takes about 20 extra games worth of effort...
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 12:42 pm

either way id get on it after lol
Back to top Go down
Hoskins#14

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

League all day! You have to be the best side over the whole season. A cup a couple of easy draws and your in the final.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 4:19 pm

agree with both the last two posts
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 6:53 pm

Never won a league so need to do that before I hang my boots up.

We're in a cup final too so I am saying win the league and enjoy holmes park.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 6:54 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Swings and roundabouts, do you get a cup for winning your league?..county cup is a bigger bag to win, i'd be happy with either.

In the Alliance League

Cup winners and finalist get a cup and medals,

Divisional winners and runners up get a cup and medals.

Divisional Champions also get a new kit.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 1:13 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

In the Alliance League

Cup winners and finalist get a cup and medals,

Divisional winners and runners up get a cup and medals.

Divisional Champions also get a new kit.

Ohhh, guess we won't be getting a new kit anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you rather win?   What would you rather win? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you rather win?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Polls and Votes-
Jump to: