Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Alliance v Charnwood

Go down 
+7
the cat
littlebigman
greeeedy
Skeems
Hellboy
Sparta3
CLLegend
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CLLegend

Alliance v Charnwood Empty
PostSubject: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 12:48 pm

I must say lads, the quality of the Alliance website is far better than the Charnwood league effort (only the website mind you!), there is always plenty of banter and plenty of people online, however, it just makes me wonder, does everybody on here have an office job, thus having instant access to the website? Or is it that everybody is unemployed and has nothing better to do? I think the most people online on the Charnwood site atv any one time has only ever been about 12 people, but there does seem to be an ever present continuation of people posting different things on here, so i applaud you.
Back to top Go down
CLLegend

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:28 pm

To be honest mate,we have had extensive debates in wether we shoul uproot our three teams and move to the alliance,but it all comes down to how far we would have to travel to certain matches,it a long way to go from birstall to the other side of the county on a Sunday morning!

Do you seriously think ourselves (birstall),wymeswold etc would struggle in the alliance? Our reserves are good enough to play in your premier division too!
Back to top Go down
CLLegend

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:31 pm

Where did the post from magma 73 go to? It looks like I'm replying to my own post!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

I have a very good job but also have a smart phone and toilet breaks lol. Alliance league is better than charnwood overall. Why not get a game on the go - all star alliance against your best players?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

Do it for charity. Bet you would get a massive gate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

Haha ya got me at it now. But i could probably get hinkleys ground for such a game
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:42 pm

Office job....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:44 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Haha ya got me at it now. But i could probably get hinkleys ground for such a game

Yeah but who'd go in goal?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:45 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
I have a very good job but also have a smart phone and toilet breaks lol. Alliance league is better than charnwood overall. Why not get a game on the go - all star alliance against your best players?

Don't you mean whack one off breaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:52 pm

Unfortunately i don't think i am the best keeper in the alliance. So someone else. Don't get me at wrong, definitely top three
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:55 pm

One of the top penalty stoppers thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 2:16 pm

Quote :
Where did the post from magma 73 go to? It looks like I'm replying to my own post!!
To controversial apparantly

I was only messing about anyway, would love a superleague with all the best teams in the county in one division!

We wouldnt be able to compete in a division like that!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 2:54 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

I was only messing about anyway, would love a superleague with all the best teams in the county in one division!

be a great idea never happen tho
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 3:13 pm

CLLegend wrote:
To be honest mate,we have had extensive debates in wether we shoul uproot our three teams and move to the alliance,but it all comes down to how far we would have to travel to certain matches,it a long way to go from birstall to the other side of the county on a Sunday morning!

Do you seriously think ourselves (birstall),wymeswold etc would struggle in the alliance? Our reserves are good enough to play in your premier division too!

funny that ive noticed not a single charny team in the prem cup but guess what theres still 2 alliance teams in it out the 4 left Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 3:17 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Unfortunately i don't think i am the best keeper in the alliance. So someone else. Don't get me at wrong, definitely top three

a certain mr taylor from prem sports has to be the best goalie in the alliance for my money very good keeper indeed
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 3:23 pm

CLLegend wrote:

u dont have to travel too far at all believe it or not in the prem furthest we played is magna's ground thats the only far away pitch (countesthorpe) i think... the rest are all relatively local
come on join u know u want to lol!
Back to top Go down
CLLegend

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:17 pm

Really? That makes it a more interesting proposition,we were under the impression there would be a lot of traveling involved.it would be interesting to see how all the top clubs faired against eachother! I do agree that the quality of the teams is better in the alliance,although only in the lower divisions

As for there being no charny teams in the prem cup,well that's a fair comment,however,we were kicked out rather than knocked out ;-)
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

CLLegend wrote:
Really? That makes it a more interesting proposition,we were under the impression there would be a lot of traveling involved.it would be interesting to see how all the top clubs faired against eachother! I do agree that the quality of the teams is better in the alliance,although only in the lower divisions

As for there being no charny teams in the prem cup,well that's a fair comment,however,we were kicked out rather than knocked out ;-)

i know a few of ur prem teams would more than hold thier own in the alliance the charny prem is a very strong league in my opinion only played loughborough saints and thier at the lower end but still a very good team and probably deserved a result against us

as for getting kicked out stick to the rules and u might of still been in it lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:47 pm

Would be nice to see a stronger Prem with more teams taking points off each other...couple of teams from other leagues would definitely challenge the axis of evil (Scrappy, Prem and Advance) if they were willing to give it a go...
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 5:17 pm

CLLegend wrote:

Why do you think your reserves are good enough for our Premier Division? How did they do in the County Cup this year? Birstall and Wymeswold first teams would be a welcome edition to our Premier Division but i dont think either would win it,Look at the County Cups and a Alliance Team has won it for the last two seasons.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 5:22 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

be a great idea never happen tho
Just to prove the Alliance League is leading the way our very own Morley Taylor was trying to get the idea of the best teams from each league playing each other around 8 years ago,but none of the other leagues fancied the idea,cowards Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 5:31 pm

greeeedy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

a certain mr taylor from prem sports has to be the best goalie in the alliance for my money very good keeper indeed
Haha cheers greedy hung them gloves up at the beggining of the season mate it's much more fun upfront lol, back to the topic tho I reckon the top 3 in our prem wud all finish in the top 4 in a super league of some sort wiv maybe birstall or wymeswould squuezing in somewhere, wasn't impressed wiv compass tho we had a very weak team out against them when we beat them, scrappy must of played poorly to lose to them but yes the other 2 r good teams
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:08 pm

CLLegend wrote:

No idea - nothing to do with the Moderator as far as I know
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:13 pm

greeeedy wrote:

u dont have to travel too far at all believe it or not in the prem furthest we played is magna's ground thats the only far away pitch (countesthorpe) i think... the rest are all relatively local

Advance and Wigston United play in Wigston, Glenfield play at .....you guess, Magna play at Countesthorpe, Sporting Highcross play at Birstall, Bulls Head play at Mowmacre, GT play at Western Park, Premier Sports play at Humberstone and Scrappy Garage play at Aylestone Park. All in Leicester or in the suburbs. Another myth nailed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:25 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
greeeedy wrote:

Advance and Wigston United play in Wigston, Glenfield play at .....you guess, Magna play at Countesthorpe, Sporting Highcross play at Birstall, Bulls Head play at Mowmacre, GT play at Western Park, Premier Sports play at Humberstone and Scrappy Garage play at Aylestone Park. All in Leicester or in the suburbs. Another myth nailed!

While you are destroying myths, Diana - accident or murder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:28 pm

In all seriousness, from what i have seen this year, there are a few sides playing too high, a couple playing too low, but all in all, its pretty well spread out by the league (pat on the back Dennis et al!). But the weakest div seems to be the prem, perhaps weakest is the wrong word, but it seems to be dominated by two teams and if you got some more strong teams taking points off each other it would make it a more competitive and attractive division
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:55 pm

greeeedy wrote:
CLLegend wrote:

funny that ive noticed not a single charny team in the prem cup but guess what theres still 2 alliance teams in it out the 4 left Twisted Evil
think were the only lsl left in the whole of the county cup
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:20 pm

premier cup done in champions league format on a wednesday night under floodlights, that would be quality!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

dezza wrote:
premier cup done in champions league format on a wednesday night under floodlights, that would be quality!!!!!!

I bet you would get a 100 turn up to watch every game....profit split between winning club and their league??
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:42 pm

exactly would be quality!!!!! have 1 team from every league in each group for first group stages then do 2nd group stage where there is no "home league" protection, no seeding though, imagine a group of scrappy,birstall stamford, crowies,robbos garage,appleby magna lol then you would see who is the best in the county!!!!! as for the profits widds i reckon the county fa might want a slice of that pie lol
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:44 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
dezza wrote:

I bet you would get a 100 turn up to watch every game....profit split between winning club and their league??
be our expected turn out for our semi ,aybe a few less
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:49 pm

The county FA need squat mate, they earn plenty from me!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

might not need it but they'd want it lol
Back to top Go down
scouse1

scouse1

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 11:04 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
The county FA need squat mate, they earn plenty from me!!

an me
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan 2011, 1:25 pm

Hellboy wrote:

Shazaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 11:35 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
In all seriousness, from what i have seen this year, there are a few sides playing too high, a couple playing too low, but all in all, its pretty well spread out by the league (pat on the back Dennis et al!). But the weakest div seems to be the prem, perhaps weakest is the wrong word, but it seems to be dominated by two teams and if you got some more strong teams taking points off each other it would make it a more competitive and attractive division

only thing is widds teams flap from going in the prem cause they scared to take hammerings off the likes of prem advance and scrappy affraid .my view would be if u pi55ing a lower league then surely that gets more boring so why not have a go at the big three or as u put it "the axis of evil"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 9:20 am

Yeah i agree mate, if NRI earns a crack in premier division i would be excited about the challenge. I think more kudos about competing in prem than walking a lower division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 9:20 am

Hellboy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Shazaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:33 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Shazaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing

heard u saved another 1 on sunday again mate cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 11:54 am

Yes mate, not one to go on about it but last minute effort. The lads would tell you tho, hardly mentioned it! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance v Charnwood   Alliance v Charnwood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance v Charnwood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next