Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

should you be booked if.......?

Go down 
+8
Hellboy
Polska legend II
NiffyA
L.K.F.C
Paulo
THE MAGICIAN
king of the chavs
Kauto Stars Fc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kauto Stars Fc

Kauto Stars Fc

should you be booked if.......? Empty
PostSubject: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

wondered what people think about this, do u think a player should be booked if running after a ball realising that he can get there but not keep it in so kick it further away? ball is still in play since theres half a yard before the touch line? is it classed as wasting time since the ball is still in play?
Back to top Go down
king of the chavs

king of the chavs

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:09 am

"putting the ball into row z"be a harsh booking that!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/fchoskins
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:14 am

Kauto Stars Fc wrote:
wondered what people think about this, do u think a player should be booked if running after a ball realising that he can get there but not keep it in so kick it further away? ball is still in play since theres half a yard before the touch line? is it classed as wasting time since the ball is still in play?

Part and parcel of the game for me, obviously frustraiting if on recieving end, lol, but sometimes needs must eh ?

Would like to hear from a ref ? on this, good question.

For me, not a booking..............
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

Think if its one player and he persists, then after warning from a ref, he still continues, think there prob is grounds for a booking, but a one off not for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:36 am

Depends, if its Alex Salter then yeah, book him, send him off and ban him for life lol Otherwise Kuato - nah, dodge booking for me
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:56 am

I suppose you could use the "unsportsman like behaviour" route if you really wanted to book someone but for me no chance, just keep another ball by the pitch and job done!
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 12:09 pm

I see the point here but actually with the ball being in play there is nothing in the law of the game to book the player. But thats the whole point of having 2 match balls for the game. So if you're the home team then it's up to you to make sure their is another ball. If your the away team then the complaint is that the home team should have 2 match balls as per the rules.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 1:46 pm

would be a harsh booking but if its for the purpose of time wasting I would make sure I added it on at the end
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 2:04 pm

I'm sure a ref wouldn't book them just for that, can only assume there was more to it, perhaps the player was doing other things as well to bug the ref, that we don't know about?

He wasn't gobbing off to the ref all the game or something ??????
Back to top Go down
Kauto Stars Fc

Kauto Stars Fc

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

its a hypothetical question, but the player didnt mouth out and the game was 20mins in and at 0-0, hypothetically of course, the lines man who is the oponants lino instructed the ref that the ball was still in play as well, but how would you react after been given a yellow but when asked why the ref hypothetically saying well you might do it again later!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 6:30 pm

I'd book you for that last post.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:19 pm

a strict disciplinarian, Hellboy
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

you can kick the ball whereever and however hard you want while the ball is still in play. It would be a complete farce if the ref did book the player. As a manager I would be disappointed if 1 of my players did this!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:37 pm

Kauto Stars Fc wrote:
its a hypothetical question, but the player didnt mouth out and the game was 20mins in and at 0-0, hypothetically of course, the lines man who is the oponants lino instructed the ref that the ball was still in play as well, but how would you react after been given a yellow but when asked why the ref hypothetically saying well you might do it again later!

thats wrong dont matter if the ball is still in play its not time wasting really is it cus technically the clock is still ticking
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Kauto Stars Fc wrote:

thats wrong dont matter if the ball is still in play its not time wasting really is it cus technically the clock is still ticking

that would also mean u best get every shot on target as if u hit it over or wide and the ball goes too far u would be in danger of getting booked nah that cant happen thats not in the rules im pretty damn sure of that
Back to top Go down
lk

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

its sunday league not the prem.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 11:38 pm

there is nothing in law to say that the referee can caution the player for this as he is kicking the ball out of play,,,,,

the law says that the ball out of play for throwin corner etc is a natural stoppage and not time added on unless the recovery of the ball takes a while

if i was in a game where this happened i would stop my watch and add the time on it takes to get the ball back,,,,,,nothing more than can be done ,,,,

i know a few years ago i was asked this question and the player was booked and he complained that the referee was wrong in law to caution him and the caution was quashed
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

No booking as the ball is in play, if it happened after the whistle then there's an argument to caution...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 10:09 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Depends, if its Alex Salter then yeah, book him, send him off and ban him for life lol Otherwise Kuato - nah, dodge booking for me

Or.....if it was a goalkeeper, lock him in the clink, maybe throw away the key, or a long spell in the ironmaiden, and a short spell on the rack, after that, if he promises to be a good boy, he can go free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should you be booked if.......?   should you be booked if.......? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

should you be booked if.......?
Page 1 of 1