Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Games to be played tomorrow

Go down 
+7
Phoenix_United
Minty
dezza
CSKA Carnabys
Gordon
superfly sec
Aussie Owl
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Games to be played tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:41 pm

The Leicester City Council has called Leicester Sunday League games off. The LSL may have called their remaining games off.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALLIANCE LEAGUE GAMES AND THESE WILL GO AHEAD SUBJECT TO REFS INSPECTION.

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 4:34 pm

Our game against st pats has been called off by the boys club as had the game between leic foxes and advance.
Back to top Go down
superfly sec

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 6:15 pm

Ive spoke to our ref tonight and he's asked us to call him in the morning and let him know what we think, I was under the impression the ref had to meet us at the ground before 9:15?

I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets called off and we then get fined for not following proper procedure the way its been going of late!!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 6:31 pm

I have little doubt that common sense will prevail. However, whilst making comment on following proper procedures let me refer you to League Rule 10 (D). Based on forum postings and telephone calls by your opponents to me............
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:38 pm

Okay here's a question...
The Wheel don't have a different coloured match ball apart from white.
Surely that's cause for postponement???
Make the call Gordon, call them all off. Otherwise we got about 900 people driving around the county tomorrow on icy roads at 9am for no reason.
-5 forecasted tonight and no snow has thawed anywhere
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:43 pm

CSKA Carnabys wrote:
Okay here's a question...
The Wheel don't have a different coloured match ball apart from white.
Surely that's cause for postponement???
Make the call Gordon, call them all off. Otherwise we got about 900 people driving around the county tomorrow on icy roads at 9am for no reason.
-5 forecasted tonight and no snow has thawed anywhere

agreed!!!!!!!!!

let us give our lads abit of pre warning instead of rushing around in the morning, plus like it or not i can see a fair few teams struggling for players 2moro with players not answering phones or having excuses
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:45 pm

aside from road safety and the fact that snow hasnt cleared on these pitches there is something else here. imagine what state these pitches will be in after a game has been played on them. may cause long term pitch problems.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:52 pm

Everyone knows what will happen tomorrow morning.
Plus, in relation to the guidance:
A. A brush won't be string enough to clear the lines
B. 30mins won't be amble time for a pitch to thaw unless it's at least 10degrees tomorrow morning- that would require a 15degree swing in temperature over the course of 4 hours (assuming sunrise is 7am). Such temperature swings are only common in the southern hemisphere
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:58 pm

temperature predictions for le4

midnite to 3am = -5
3am to 6am = -4
6am to 9am = -4
9am to noon = -3

not going to thaw in all fairness.....
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 8:01 pm

i can understand the league's point of view in a way as last year we were in the leicester sunday league and they recieved alot of criticism for calling games off early difference is though they were calling them off on a friday which gave the weather a chance to change!!! we know now that its only going to get colder and thr snow isnt going to melt!!! and minty makes a good point about the state of the pitches if they do get played on..
Back to top Go down
superfly sec

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 8:24 pm

Gordon wrote:
I have little doubt that common sense will prevail. However, whilst making comment on following proper procedures let me refer you to League Rule 10 (D). Based on forum postings and telephone calls by your opponents to me............

If that's directed at me Gordon i would like you to refer to page 12-13 of the handbook which says you have until 6pm day prior to the game to contact the opposition and referee.....or is that also incorrect like the telephone number for Kev Skeemer in the guide for league secretaries...........
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 9:29 pm

You are confusing the Bad Weather Procedure, with standard Rules. The Rules should be adhered to for every home fixture, irrespective of being faced, as we are tonight with bad weather.

The Bad Weather procedure, if followed should prevent unnecessary travel on a Sunday morning, but requires liaison between the two club Secretaries and the Referee to be effective.

I accept the print error listing the incorrect number for Kev in the Guide.
Back to top Go down
superfly sec

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

Gordon wrote:
You are confusing the Bad Weather Procedure, with standard Rules. The Rules should be adhered to for every home fixture, irrespective of being faced, as we are tonight with bad weather

Im not confusing the two at all, the standard rules have been adhered to each and every week thank you. You made a reference to the fact that the NRI sec had not been contacted prior to tomorrows game which is incorrect. If you have any concerns to make by all means give me a call or send me an e-mail rather than make petty arguements on a forum.

Gordon wrote:
The Bad Weather procedure, if followed should prevent unnecessary travel on a Sunday morning, but requires liaison between the two club Secretaries and the Referee to be effective

Again stating the obvious. Bad weather procedure says the ref should meet us at the ground before 9:15 on the morning of the match, if the ref is not attending then its not following procedure is it? Im sure a fine would be on the cards if it was the other way round.

Gordon wrote:
I accept the print error listing the incorrect number for Kev in the Guide.

Why thank you, although thats a bit too late now we have already been fined.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:26 pm

Contact was made tonight. We are on same page now and ready to rock n roll
Back to top Go down
Phoenix_United

Phoenix_United

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 12:41 am

Why do the refs get half their fee just to tuern up and say what we already know? It's stupid! It's a waste of their time, our time and our money!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/phoenixunitedfc010203
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 8:54 am

Phoenix_United wrote:
Why do the refs get half their fee just to tuern up and say what we already know? !
To be fair, few refs make the claim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:09 am

Assistant Secretary wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:
Why do the refs get half their fee just to tuern up and say what we already know? !

Dennis can't you just let us all complain in peace please! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:12 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:

But that would deny me the chance to complain - fair dos Sad santa
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:15 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:

cant get in tough with sparta parva sec to know if the games off have u been informed dennis?
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:18 am

greeeedy the games off mate (im not the club sec but its deffo off)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:22 am

Tomassi wrote:
greeeedy the games off mate (im not the club sec but its deffo off)

nice one mate saves me getting ready
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:24 am

shame really was hoping to watch our keeper requiring the services of a chiropractor after todays game Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:25 am

greeeedy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:

cant get in tough with sparta parva sec to know if the games off have u been informed dennis?

He's still standing in the pub wiv a bottle of baby oil in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:31 am

greeeedy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:

Confirmed
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:31 am

Tomassi wrote:
shame really was hoping to watch our keeper requiring the services of a chiropractor after todays game Laughing

lol was looking forward to this game myself now we gotta get ready for appleby magna next week and thier team of tamworth ressies affraid
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:33 am

greeeedy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Phoenix_United wrote:

Confirmed

cheers dennis have any games got the go ahead then??
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:38 am

I wouldn't put money on it the way things have turned out.

If you find a game that is being played, give me a call and then we can all go and watch!

We only know the postponements which have been advised to us and which are being posted on here. It does not mean that the other games are on, of course.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:41 am

I wouldn't put money on it the way things have turned out.

If you find a game that is being played, give me a call and then we can all go and watch!

We only know the postponements which have been advised to us and which are being posted on here. It does not mean that the other games are on, of course.

hoskins play bout 2 mins from my house was going to watch them if its on although i doubt any games will be played this morning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:22 am

Are you all crazy? Stay in bed!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:26 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Are you all crazy? Stay in bed!

got a 2yr old it aint happening for me widds i need to vacate the premises Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:27 am

Fair play bud, fancy a beer down the pub lol
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:29 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Fair play bud, fancy a beer down the pub lol

count me in might i suggest a few more than 1 aswell drunken
Back to top Go down
king of the chavs

king of the chavs

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

get real guys .....no footie!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/fchoskins
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 4:47 pm

king of the chavs wrote:
get real guys .....no footie!!!!

Unbelievable, take a look out the window, woooo theres your answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games to be played tomorrow   Games to be played tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games to be played tomorrow
Page 1 of 1