Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Can Bowden be caught ????

Go down 
+19
dave ash
patsharp
tekkas
timmy mallet
NiffyA
spartano1
dan_mitchell_WRFC
EJT09
chubby
Jenko
WEUR
mthompson08
Number1
Polska legend II
greeeedy
cyril sneer
sean callaghan
WILKSY
Plough new boy
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Can Bowden be caught ???? Empty
PostSubject: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 3:40 pm

With Bowden in pole position and so far clear the question is can they be caught ??. It appears high street bookmakers think not with firms refusing to take bets on little bowden winning division 6, and leicestershire firm mark jarvis even paying out punters who bet bowden to win the league. A spokesman for mark jarvis qouted " with bowden being so far clear and the quality squad they have the only thing stopping them winning the league is the world ending". When quizzed about this by a local paper Mick Draper manager off bowden dubbed the special one by bowdens four fingered faithful said " we are taking nothing for granted ". this really is a fairytale story with little bowden starting the campain as 250 to one outsiders, one local resident said "whenever you mention bowden people mention us sleeping with our mothers, now when we mention bowden they will say oh yeah first team to ever win the alliance div 6 this really has put us on the map ".
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 3:55 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:
With Bowden in pole position and so far clear the question is can they be caught ??. It appears high street bookmakers think not with firms refusing to take bets on little bowden winning division 6, and leicestershire firm mark jarvis even paying out punters who bet bowden to win the league. A spokesman for mark jarvis qouted " with bowden being so far clear and the quality squad they have the only thing stopping them winning the league is the world ending". When quizzed about this by a local paper Mick Draper manager off bowden dubbed the special one by bowdens four fingered faithful said " we are taking nothing for granted ". this really is a fairytale story with little bowden starting the campain as 250 to one outsiders, one local resident said "whenever you mention bowden people mention us sleeping with our mothers, now when we mention bowden they will say oh yeah first team to ever win the alliance div 6 this really has put us on the map ".

good write up but definately dreamin lol
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 3:59 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:

think you will cause something with this bit early to be shouting but good result today for you the bit about sleeping with your mothers is a bit harsh i thought it was brothers and sisters cousins even but if its now mothers aswell boy thats not good hope your not one of the special ones!!!
Back to top Go down
cyril sneer

cyril sneer

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 4:02 pm

sean callaghan wrote:
Bowden new boy wrote:

think you will cause something with this bit early to be shouting but good result today for you the bit about sleeping with your mothers is a bit harsh i thought it was brothers and sisters cousins even but if its now mothers aswell boy thats not good hope your not one of the special ones!!!

Don't remember u writing anything last week bowden when Niffy ressies beat u
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 4:10 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:

lol quality write up and dont mean to rain on ur parade but i think kibwoth will win div 6 by far the best team in that division but good luck anyway
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 4:22 pm

looks wide open, with Bowden climbing to the top today, and Harborough Hotshots moving up six places to second
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Ok recently I started a thread winding the bowden lads up, I'm actually hotshots keeper, not a bad first thread considering nearly a hundred replies lol, as a mere by stander today in our 4-1 win over afc sporting, the supposed best team in the league I managed to watch a bit of bowdens game again! This league is gonna be very tight, I'm not gonna slag bowden off as I actualy think there playing some good stuff, and fair play to them for topping the league today, it's fact they are not good enough to win this league and I think they know that but credit where it is due. We have played the supposed best teams in the league now, afc and Kibworth and destroyed them both, Kibworth will not win this league not a chance, they at very average, bowden can and certainly will be caught by us and maybe others but fair play to you!!!

Also you should have scored a lot more than 7 u must be dissapointed not a great result really lol.
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 5:17 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:

lol...i like it! i'm sure you'll get a bit of a stir with this though!?
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 5:25 pm

great write up, made me chuckle lol, kibworth will walk the league as stated above, they look like they have a decent bunch of lads with great organisation on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

WEUR wrote:
great write up, made me chuckle lol, kibworth will walk the league as stated above, they look like they have a decent bunch of lads with great organisation on the pitch.

Cant see it, we beat kib 4-0 and should have been more, bowden gave us more of a game than kib, We lost to you guys the other week after some dreadfull defending but should have already been 5 or 6 up. Kibworth are nothing special at all i really dont know what the hype is all about, same with AFC very poor side. We only scored 4 but again if we could finish would have been nearer double figures!! you have come against us on our two poorest performaces of the season we were awfull but on both occasions should have won! Bowden are not a great side but you should give them some credit, they have beat you guys and niffy, we lost too both. Although we beat Bowden comfortably it just goes to show how tight this league will be which makes it far more exciting for all the teams involved!
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

After not having a game this week i thought i would go and watch both Harborough based teams.
Bowden looked quite strong and i reckon they will be there or there abouts this year.
Harborough Hotshots looked strong but i worry about there goalkeeper after he looked like he had never played in goal! I hope there regular keeper was missing as there keeper today looked very poor and didnt inspire confidence into the team. If they can sort that out they will be well up and there and have a good chance of lifting the title
Back to top Go down
chubby

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

Number1 wrote:
WEUR wrote:

Cant see it, we beat kib 4-0 and should have been more, bowden gave us more of a game than kib, We lost to you guys the other week after some dreadfull defending but should have already been 5 or 6 up. Kibworth are nothing special at all i really dont know what the hype is all about, same with AFC very poor side. We only scored 4 but again if we could finish would have been nearer double figures!! you have come against us on our two poorest performaces of the season we were awfull but on both occasions should have won! Bowden are not a great side but you should give them some credit, they have beat you guys and niffy, we lost too both. Although we beat Bowden comfortably it just goes to show how tight this league will be which makes it far more exciting for all the teams involved!

Sorry but you are talking bollox, funny our your 2 worse performances were against us and you lost both, gotta say having watched West end play all of the so called top 3 Kibworth imprested me most. Good win today playing alot of good football and Bowden were not that good and West end just beat Harborough TWICE not once but TWICE.
To early for any one to say they will win the league if everyone wins there games in hand Bowden will drop down to 7thm.

Keep dreaming but don't get to excited cus there might be tears at the end of the season and i'm sure they will be yours.
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 6:06 pm

Royals no1 wrote:
After not having a game this week i thought i would go and watch both Harborough based teams.
Bowden looked quite strong and i reckon they will be there or there abouts this year.
Harborough Hotshots looked strong but i worry about there goalkeeper after he looked like he had never played in goal! I hope there regular keeper was missing as there keeper today looked very poor and didnt inspire confidence into the team. If they can sort that out they will be well up and there and have a good chance of lifting the title

hahahaha very good almost like my first post on here, come on be original!

Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 6:16 pm

I do not understand what you are getting at?
I seen your little warm up match thing and thought the team started with the wrong goalkeeper, the other goalkeeper looked far better
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 6:24 pm

Royals no1 wrote:
I seen your little warm up match thing and thought the team started with the wrong goalkeeper, the other goalkeeper looked far better

u should join the comedy roadshow with happy shopper!
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 8:00 pm

Number1 wrote:
Royals no1 wrote:

u should join the comedy roadshow with happy shopper!

I dont get that comment either!
I am just giving my opinions about what i seen today!
I think when you come to us next season if you get promoted we will be having plenty of shots and putting loads of balls into your box at the earliest opportunity
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 8:08 pm

Did u see the throops keeper today so bad your very funny Jenkins lol, nice try I'm not the best keeper in the world but better than u ha, as if I wouldn't find out !!! Grant feeding you info about pre match warm up, us hotshots stick together !!
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 8:12 pm

Had you going for a while though jamie!
Better than me? yeah good one!
What you on about throops keeper though?
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 8:13 pm

Your all quick to slag us off and 99% of you wrote us off at the start of the season so why cant we throw it back at you that were actually playing well and picking up points.

It might be early in the season and teams probably do have games in hand, but how many of you expected little bowden to be top at ANY point in the season?

Great write up bowden boy. Maybe you should be in charge of our match reports ha ha
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 9:08 pm

EJT09 wrote:
Your all quick to slag us off and 99% of you wrote us off at the start of the season so why cant we throw it back at you that were actually playing well and picking up points.

It might be early in the season and teams probably do have games in hand, but how many of you expected little bowden to be top at ANY point in the season?

Great write up bowden boy. Maybe you should be in charge of our match reports ha ha

Fair play to you, decent bunch of lads and played some good football. Now AFC sporting have lost I reckon its gonna be very tight.
We still manage to get three points against you though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 9:56 pm

EJT09 wrote:

mate take no notice of what people say, as a hotshots player I obviously think we are the better team and love the rivalry but I'm glad u guys are up there, I believe we are a better team than u bowden but at the same time it's nice to see u up there, don't get me wrong I loved our easy 3-0 win lol, but at the end of the day we are all from harborough and 1st and 2nd, next week we will overtake u with our game in hand the harborough inbreds will still be 1st and 2nd either way!!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 12:29 am

wow wow wow quality write up mr coles lol gud lad, like i said before let the bowden boys have there day they won by a good score dont happen to often so what let them have there glory WELL DONE LITTLE BOWDEN TODAY ON YOUR SCORELINE
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

made me giggle!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

the hotshots goalie is decent however it is evident to me that he needs a stronger back line in front of him, as mentioned in the other thread that taylor could certainly sort these problems out, having played with the players he has done throughout the years his knowledge is second to none on how to deal with pacy wingers as well as the long ball, just having the vocal input of him at the back could turn them from a div 6 team to a div 4 team, in other words having having taylor at the back would be like Man Utd having an in form Wayne Rooney back.

Last edited by happyshopper on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm

Bowden new boy wrote:

Love it deano. But surely us inbreds who sit 1st and 2nd in the table have 6 fingers and not 4 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tekkas

tekkas

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 2:01 pm

LITTLE BOWDEN TOP THE TABLE. WHO SEEN THAT COMING? NOW MAYBE PEOPLE WILL START TO TAKE NOTE AND NOT KEEP JUMPING ON THE " LETS SLAG BOWDEN" BANDWAGON!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 2:11 pm

Its dependent on your mother the amount off fingers we are born with older sister = 4 fingers, aunt = 6 fingers
Back to top Go down
patsharp

patsharp

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 2:19 pm

tekkas wrote:
LITTLE BOWDEN TOP THE TABLE. WHO SEEN THAT COMING? NOW MAYBE PEOPLE WILL START TO TAKE NOTE AND NOT KEEP JUMPING ON THE " LETS SLAG BOWDEN" BANDWAGON!

But you have played more games than other people (well not you personally as your a bench warmer) but if hotshots and niffy win there game in hand then ur back down to third at least! So dont no why your getting all excited for like a little girl! Oh actually i do... beacause you are one! But still its a one week thing you and I both no you will not be there for very long at all! I do think well in to the bowden boys for getting this glorious moment tho as they have some top boys in there team! Well done everyone except the tekkas guy with no tekkers!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 2:51 pm

Although it is nice to be top of the table at this point it means nothing really, just look at the premier league - West Brom in the top 6 for example, Liverpool in the bottom 6 to name a couple. I won't take any notice of the league until Christmas.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

west end have 2 games in hand aswell, if we win our games in hand we leapfrog bowden by 2 points.
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:19 pm

If next sundays result go as i predict they will top 3 will be........

1. Harborough 15 points
2. Bowden 13 points
3. West End 12 points

So your reign at the top will be 1 week.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:29 pm

dave ash wrote:
If next sundays result go as i predict they will top 3 will be........

1. Harborough 15 points
2. Bowden 13 points
3. West End 12 points

So your reign at the top will be 1 week.

dont mind bowden ressies keeping our seat warm for a while x
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 9:57 am

you all talk about having games in hand on bowden but just remember you have to win them games in hand i say well done bowden and hope they win it this season
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 11:36 am

i will be very, very dissapointed if we dont beat lk old boys on sunday to jump into the top 3!!! but....its sunday league football and anything can happen i suppose lol.
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:16 pm

Spartano, are you being a bit biased becauase 1 of your mates play for us lol? Only joking, cheers for the support, nice to see someone backs us rather than slags us lol. But you are true, they do have to win there games in hand, and to be honest, the lads that played at the back for LK weren't too bad on the ball. they could pass it around nicely, they just lacked pace and there goalkeeper was injured but still pulled off few great saves. I wouldn't under-estimate them. I know the league table "says it all" but we were in that position last year, bottom of the table failing to win but our performaces didn't warrant it.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:17 pm

cheers for the vote of coinfidence ejt09 lol
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:27 pm

ha ha no worries. I'm not predicting a winner between you 2 as after playing both, I think you could cancel each other out to be honest. I think you will enjoy the game against them as they never dropped there heads against us, which fair play to them. they have the commitment and enthusiasm and with one or 2 decent players, LK could become a good mid-table team. Just don't let complacency sneak in. We were a bit too complacent first half and it showed big time.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:50 pm

yeh straight at them from the off i reckon!! well we managed to hammer them both times we played them last season and have near enough the same team this season, so i hope for a repeat Very Happy im going to predict we beat them by at least 3 goals.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:59 pm

I would predict a 7-1 win for you boys. If LK are anything like Hood Park, you should annihilate them.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

WEUR wrote:
yeh straight at them from the off i reckon!! well we managed to hammer them both times we played them last season and have near enough the same team this season, so i hope for a repeat Very Happy im going to predict we beat them by at least 3 goals.

id imagine so ill put my neck out and say more than 5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Bowden be caught ????   Can Bowden be caught ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Bowden be caught ????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next