Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Looking For a Pitch

Go down 
+5
Aussie Owl
dezza
Paulo
Alan Partridge
UFI-Holty
9 posters
AuthorMessage
UFI-Holty

Looking For a Pitch Empty
PostSubject: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:54 am

Hey guys, We're going to be starting in the Alliance League next season, and we are searching for a pitch, I've been all over the county looking for one, but all the council owned ones are booked up. Is there any chance of pitch sharing with someone? We'll pay for the opportunity of course! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

Have you spoken to Bob (cant remember his surname) at Aylestone....i think they are planning having extra pitches next year...could be wrong, but not a bad place to start. Good luck
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm

Cheers NRI, will have a quick shufty.

Is that Aylestone Park?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

Yes mate, thats the one.....all details on the web if you just Yahoo (hate Google) Aylestone Park.
Also, their are some contact details on this: https://allianceleague.forumotion.com/banter-alliance-football-f4/pitches-to-hire-t888.htm
If none of the above are available to help, contact Jenny Flude at Oadby and Wigston (if you havent already), she is top notch at helping...
Sure the league will also tell you to speak with James the Fixtures Sec, he was helpful to us when setting up and found us a pitch before we got Uplands. The pitch was at Knighton Park, Brighton Avenue in Wigston, not sure if its still available??
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:22 pm

Whereabouts are you looking to play your games?
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Yes mate, thats the one.....all details on the web if you just Yahoo (hate Google) Aylestone Park.
Also, their are some contact details on this: https://allianceleague.forumotion.com/banter-alliance-football-f4/pitches-to-hire-t888.htm
If none of the above are available to help, contact Jenny Flude at Oadby and Wigston (if you havent already), she is top notch at helping...
Sure the league will also tell you to speak with James the Fixtures Sec, he was helpful to us when setting up and found us a pitch before we got Uplands. The pitch was at Knighton Park, Brighton Avenue in Wigston, not sure if its still available??

You sir, are a top notch fellow! lol!

I have been in touch with Jenny Flude, however she told me there were none available in Oadby and Wigston (which saddened me as I am a Wiggy lad!)

How can you HATE google? Razz It's just a search bar on a white background Razz

Will get in touch with the rest though, thank you!!! king
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:26 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Whereabouts are you looking to play your games?

Company based footy team, and the Company is in the City Centre. The employees/players are all over the county, which doesn't help! However, we all seem happy to travel. Preference is definitely City, and then Welford Road/London Road/Oadby/Wigston kind of way. If not, we may well go north and try Highfields.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:45 pm

will also depend any teams drop out or find a new ground like Phoenix United, then pitches become available
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

always pitches on viccy park Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

dezza wrote:

Rather play on the roof of ASDAs car park..................
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:42 am

dezza wrote:

If only that were true.

Every single City Council pitch is now taken which is why we are using 3 pitches at Mowmacre which has extremely limited changing facilities.

There has been a significant loss of adult pitches which are available on a Sunday as a result of the Football Foundation/City Council £11m development project.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:50 am

Assistant Secretary wrote:
dezza wrote:

If only that were true.

Every single City Council pitch is now taken which is why we are using 3 pitches at Mowmacre which has extremely limited changing facilities.

There has been a significant loss of adult pitches which are available on a Sunday as a result of the Football Foundation/City Council £11m development project.

presume this is being delayed due to the protests regarding the aylestone lane site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:54 am

dezza wrote:

If only that were true.

Dennis, am i right in saying that the redevelopment is to increse the number of facilities for youth football in the county? Thats the information i have been given, and while i agree its important to have facilities for the next generation, it seems a joke that the number of pitches available for adult football is constantly reducing. (i am aware that the Alliance has no influence on the number of pitches in the county by the way!!)
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:58 am

New Road Inn wrote:
dezza wrote:

If only that were true.

Dennis, am i right in saying that the redevelopment is to increse the number of facilities for youth football in the county? Thats the information i have been given, and while i agree its important to have facilities for the next generation, it seems a joke that the number of pitches available for adult football is constantly reducing. (i am aware that the Alliance has no influence on the number of pitches in the county by the way!!)

They hoope to provide floodlit facilities to the area i think as well, which may or may allow adult 11 a side football
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

I believe that the Partner Clubs which have been appointed for each of the sites are Youth clubs and to be fair, they have all made an investment in the project. We were told at a meeting with the Project Team on 28/5/2009 that the Partner Clubs would not have exclusive use but this seems to have fallen by the wayside at some sites.

Aylestone Park and Rushey Fields are good examples of where adult teams have maintained a presence and they will have the advantage of the new facilities.

Beaumont Park, Aylestone Rec and Aylestone Playing Fields are examples of where there used to be pitches available for adult Sunday teams but this no longer applies.

We are told that some of the developed sites will be available on Saturdays.

The Alliance League has tried very hard to make the point that adult Sunday teams have been seriously disadvantaged by the project and this hits a League such as ours which has been growing for several years. So far , our representations have not had any effect and I am not hopeful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 11:26 am

It seems a disgrace to be honest...again, not having a pop at trying to get facilities for kids...but the money comes from tax payers (adults!) to pay for all this, and yet they are the ones that suffer. Whilst developing the youth is very noble, once these kids hit 17 or 18 yrs old, then they will not have anywhere to ply their trade....seems very shortsighted on the part of whoever is organising it...
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

yeah but its the age old arguement of saying kids today have nothing to do- why they hang about on the streets (in my best old age pensioner voice) these are the priorities for councils unfortunetely.

Just have to hope teams use there inniative like Phoenix who now play at Kingfisher Centre..somewhere i never knew i a pitch, and MDH using Fleckney. This at least frees up some pitches
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

I'm really struggling for pitches... as previously mentioned, city council pitches are all booked up, can't seem to get any from the boroughs or the county. Is there anyone on here who has a pitch that would want to pitch share? We'll pay half towards all costs of course, and we'd get first drinks in too Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 2:59 pm

Keep an eye on the pothunting teams - they are likely to fold after the season and you can nip in there!
Oh and Google -- just dont get me started!!!
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:09 pm

Yep quite a few teams folded last season so you have a chance of getting somewhere if you keep your wits about you... Try some schools/colleges. Guthlaxton normally has a free pitch but they dont cut the grass often!! Alternatively just wait until New Road Inn fold Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

If your'e looking in Wigston have you tried Guthlaxton College? There are three pitches and we seem to be the only side using them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:24 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Yep quite a few teams folded last season so you have a chance of getting somewhere if you keep your wits about you... Try some schools/colleges. Guthlaxton normally has a free pitch but they dont cut the grass often!! Alternatively just wait until New Road Inn fold Laughing

bite bite bite bite bite!!!
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

I'll give Gutho a call. Used to go there for 5 years, so they should know me Razz If it comes down to it I'll cut the bloody pitch myself! Razz

It's really bad how difficult it is to get pitches at the minute. Sad
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:57 pm

The grass isn't too bad. Its the lack of corner flags that causes trouble. Most weeks, they just disappear. Yeah give T.P a call he will sort you out Smile
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:59 pm

Well, we're gonna be providing our own and most likely taking em home with us after anyway. I swear down that if I get a pitch at gutho, I may have to buy you a drink! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:11 pm

I am going to hold you to that Cool
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:24 pm

Just the one mind... and it's a drink of water Wink haha! Nah, I'll stick to my guns, if we get it, you're up for a pint Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:25 pm

I think NRI may well deserve 1 too in all fairness, top help from him. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:43 pm

No worries chap, we had a nightmare trying to sort everything when we set up, gets there in the end tho!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 8:38 pm

bloody youth of today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 9:25 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
bloody youth of today

If you are calling me youth - you can come for a beer on me too!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 8:47 am

Where's my pint Widds???
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 10:06 am

Polska legend II wrote:
bloody youth of today

Exactly! Taking our pitches from under our feet! They wouldn't be here without our hard work, getting girls pregnant and whatnot as all footballers do Razz

In all honesty, I'm very much pro-youth football, grassroots and all that malarkey, BUT what's going to happen to them when they want to go into Senior football? affraid
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:11 am

Also, loving the friendly banter on here, (by that I mean the multiple offers of pints Very Happy)

Can't stand some of the stuff that Spiderman and WillyWonka say...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

Nowt wrong with our willy, lovely chap.
Back to top Go down
UFI-Holty

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 11:34 am

Nowt wrong with my willy neither, but you don't hear me shouting about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Pitch   Looking For a Pitch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking For a Pitch
Page 1 of 1